Select Correspondence

Asako Saburo

Re: Select Correspondence

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 am

"So...," he said after he looked it over. He considered the permutations. "It could be a chance let us say, to invite me to tea tomorrow. Or, were we in court properly might address it to a rival, giving the impression you are offering to patch things up, a possible ally to make others wonder at your power play, or any number of possibilities to make them consider. And if vaguer, more carefully phrased, could imply many things without outright falsehoods or truths? Allowing their mind to construct the possibilities?"

"If it is an invitation to tea tomorrow, I accept. As a note."
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 am

Jiro smiled. "I think you understand the game very well! Of course, the letter is delivered by a servant, never the author, and in this case the invitation is to Otomo Nobuko, but if you would like to take tea with me during another hour in the day, I would be glad to do so. You are good company, Asako-san, when you forget to be self-conscious."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:15 pm

"Ah, the artisan?" he said, nodding as Jiro mentioned her. The woman gave off a very ... Otomo vibe, which meant that she was both reasonably pleasant company and at the same time easily one of the more intimidating and terrifying people among their fellows, dwarfing even the Moto on a bad day, just because of what she represented. Be nervous around a Scorpion, but always watch your back when the Imperials are around. He considered briefly the permutations and then shelved them to the side.

"I am always self-aware, Bayushi-san. I am simply sometimes less... actively so. Perhaps, in that case, we may meet in the Hour of the Horse, unless you have an engagement before our calligraphy lessons tomorrow?"
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Return to “Dog”