Second Breakfast

Kakita Kazuko

Re: Second Breakfast

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 pm

It's a good thing Aiichiro already checked for the poisonous frogs, relieving her of the pressure. She sure didn't want anyone to fall ill or worse.

"How do you plan on trapping the frogs and luring them inside the trap, Kaito-san? I think it'll be hard to trap them when they can just jump out of most things."
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 pm

"That is what a large bucket is for. If you cover it with enough twigs and leaves, the frogs will jump into it, thinking they found a safe spot to hide. With a large enough bucket, they won't be able to jump out, they wouldn't have a foot hold to partition their jump, and they won't be able to jump high enough. That and we can also trick their eyes by moving one hand in front of their eyes and using the other to catch it from behind."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Kazuko is a bit doubtful that frogs would be unable to jump out of the bucket, but Haruki has clearly caught frogs before as he seems quite knowledgeable in the practices.

"I see... Is there anything else we need in order to begin then?"
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:37 pm

"We could also use a simple multi-pronged spear to catch individual frogs if you'd like. Makes it easier to judge their size immediately, so you can collect more food ready frogs. But other than those tools, we'll use a simple bag with a tie string to hold them in. They can't jump out if there's no opening at all."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:39 pm

"Alright, can you grab the spears and bag while I go grab my umbrella? I do not want to get my clothes wet."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:12 pm

"I will meet you guys over there, I already have my tools on hand and it'll take time to set up good traps." He shifts his weight to show the plain bag at his hip. "Don't forget an extra set of underclothes, I can almost guarantee that you will get wet, and maybe a little muddy. "

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:18 pm

"I will need them to get some extra clothing... I will need to ask one of the sensei for that, and maybe we will have to go town and find a tailor, so it's better if we do it later. When will we reunite again? Tomorrow?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:43 pm

"It doesn't have to be form fitting, just something to cover yourself up enough to keep basic modesty. We may be going to bathing area, but we won't have the cover of steam. I'm sure you could find a servant who could loan you some that fit close enough."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:24 am

"I'm sure the servants have clothes and umbrellas to loan out to students. Although I already have my own umbrella, I do not want to get my spare clothes wet so I wish to get some too. There's a servant right there, I'll go ask them for you."

Kazuko waves over a nearby servant and asks for 2 sets of clothes and an umbrella, which is promptly delivered, before handing over the umbrella and a set of clothes to Aiichiro.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:29 am

He nods. "Thank you, Kazuko-san. I believe we are then good to go. They need to be big frogs, right? The frogs that are here are way too small." He says, getting the clothes and wearing them over his own.

"Where do you plan on searching? Near the bath house there were only the small frogs earlier. Perhaps near the student barracks?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:49 am

"Were you looking in the trees or in the mud? If you look in the trees, there's nothing but the small ones. Even if we don't find any, it will still be a good opportunity to show some basic survival skills. I don't know how your travels are, but the distance between my home and the nearest city is about 5 days of travel."

Return to “Serpent”