Adjusting Altitude [Investigation Training]

Otomo Nobuko

Re: Adjusting Altitude [Investigation Training]

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 am

Nobuko bowed her head to Kitsuki-Sensei and then considered her words once again.

"To you, Kohai-san, I say these two things:
The netsuke I wear belonged to my mother, who was born of the Kakita family.6
The koto I play belonged to my father, who was born of the Otomo."26

She kept her expression neutral the whole time, "Which of these is the truth, and which the lie?"

-----
OOC: Apparently, she is a very good liar.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 am

Jiro was quiet for a moment. "Could you explain for me the meaning of these gifts for the people who gave them to you?"
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:16 am

How to do this without lying... Ah!

She tilted her head slightly, "One was a betrothal gift from one of my parents to the other, one was not."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:29 am

"Now, which is the lie?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:30 am

Investigation rolls=5, 9

Jiro tilted his head. That hadn't been the expansive answer he was hoping for, but he couldn't fault Nobuko's wisdom.

"Then I suppose, without knowing who your parents are or the nature of their courtship, that I would find a knot-shaped netuske to be a rather personal, intimate token." Jiro frowned; it truly was a stab in the dark. "So that is what I would guess is true. The netsuke was a gift from your mother, who was a Kakita before her marriage. The second statement, regarding the koto, is untrue."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 am

She gave a soft laugh and clapped again, "Kohai-san is very smart to consider those aspects. Yes, it is true. The netsuki was a betrothal gift. The koto was my mother's as well, but it was never given to my father. My aunt gifted it to me in my mother's stead."

For all that it involved lying, she was rather enjoying the game.

"And now, I await Kohai-san's puzzle to try and pick apart."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 am

Jiro smiled slightly at her compliment, but his mind was already rifling through its extensive files, searching for something he knew to be truthful.

"I have an acorn in my pocket...and my brother is also training to be a courtier back at Kyuden Bayushi." He smiles gently.

Sincerity roll 1=14
Sincerity roll 2=13

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 am

Of course he did two things entirely unrelated. He had done three the round before. She considered his words carefully, thinking back to what he had said earlier.

She did not ask a question of him, instead attempting to guess outright, "If it is true you are directly descended from Bayushi-Kami, and your brother is your twin, then I would guess he is not training to be a courtier as well."

Nobuko's shoulders raised in a slight shrug, "but it is only a guess. Why would twins born of Bayushi-Kami's line both train to be the same thing? After all, Bayushi-Kami's own twin did not follow in his footsteps."

-----
OOC:
D2 Rooster: Investigation/Perception: 1d10 2
D2 Rooster: Investigation/Perception: 1d10 3

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:08 am

Jiro nodded. "Well reasoned, kohai-san. He is at the bushi school. Why, he is even better with the sword than I am! But I am close behind. It comes from his attacking me so often when we were small boys. One learns to defend one's self, you see."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:19 am

"Good. Remember, it is important to take into consideration a multitude of things when trying to discover the truth."

((Players in this thread may now gain +1 investigation and lose their 1/1 ally, going in effect d3. Please note if you take this or not))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Return to “Rooster”