(Open) Tea Room? Sure!

Vutall

Re: (Open) Tea Room? Sure!

Post by Vutall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:05 am

The woman gives a nod and takes a seat.

"Please, Toritaka-san, I would be happy to observe and critique!"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:09 am

Toritaka.... Falcon then. I know nothing of them... well, one way to find out. It does not appear as if she is pulling freshly unboiled water with minnows in it out of the creek, unlike some people I know... So...

"Of course, Toritaka-san. It would be a pleasure to participate if you will have me." His voice had all the tonal quality of a frog croaking, but he kept his bow appropriate and rose from it at the right time. "Sensei's observation will be greatly appreciated. I have not been able to participate in proper ceremonies often. I am Asako Saburo." Drawing up to an empty spot, he sat if indicated with a slight fwump, settling himself.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:10 am

"Toritaka Sasaiko" comes the reply, and she looks to the Mantis to see if he will remain.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:56 am

The gentle presence of the Doji sensei was so harmonious that Kokyou didn't much compute what was going on with the new kid. He was observing how she moved around and greeted people so politely.

Soon enough, his reverie is broken with Sasaiko's stare. The Mantis boy blinks and looks to himself. Did he have a stain on his face from the tea?

Kokyou clears his face with his kimono sleeve.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:04 am

Sasaiko closes her eyes for a moment, breathes.

"Will our Mantis colleague be staying for more tea, or is he fully refreshed?"

Please go, please go, please go chants her internal monologue. But she looks at him with a slight, polite smile.
Toritaka Noriko

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:15 am

Saburo, utterly unaware of the fact that there was a pristine, beautiful and manicured example of the finest in rokugani culture seated at the table, somehow completely oblivious to that reality glanced in the direction of Kokyou. Is there something wrong with this bug? I suppose they had to send at least one defective example. The shugenja was much more tolerable. Maybe it is hard of hearing? But it was the Toritaka who had asked the question, and so he would remain quiet until spoken to.

Mother had taught him that much.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:22 am

Noticing Sasaiko was bothered with his presence for no apparent reason, he shrugs. Then, in respect, he bows to Sasaiko's cordiality –– even if rather short tempered –– before lifting up to leave.

Trying to hold his wince for being pushed away with frowns and sad faces, Kokyou bows to the angel-of-a-maiden in the form of Doji-sensei and turns around to leave with a contained sigh.

/Exit if not stopped
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:51 am

"Have a pleasant day, Mantis-san"

The Doji gives a shallow bow.

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:40 pm

Sasaiko returns the bow and sets about resetting the tea service.

Then, she sets it up again, pulling on the serenity of the previous attempt to make her second, scrutinized attempt. But something seems...off, somehow (Tea Ceremony 19; needed a 20). Perhaps it is that she is unused to serving a third person. Perhaps it is the close scrutiny. Certainly, it's not because that boy flustered her.

Sasaiko looks slightly down and to the left, trying to maintain her on but also clearly displeased with the result that she knows is...sub-optimal. "This one will clearly need more practice."
Toritaka Noriko

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:11 am

Saburo watched as she attempted to arrange things properly and relaxed himself before shaking his head. Considering how gruff he was, his statement was matter of fact, unperturbed. "I believe we are all in need of it, Toritaka-san. It is why we are here, after all. I am quite certain that I would not have been able to accomplish this much. "Is it truly necessary to strain two brews of the tea?"

Yes, Saburo, it absolutely is. The young man knew nothing of the tea ceremony other than that when it was performed correctly he felt more refreshed. This, however, was at least passable tea.

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:55 am

Sasaiko nods.

I wonder if the sensei will be so accommodating.
Toritaka Noriko

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:25 am

As the Toritaka goes through the ceremony, the Doji sensei watcher her like a hawk circling high above a falcon, waiting to strike. It takes some time, as Sasaiko does very well, all the way up at til the end, where she makes a critical mistake, drawing an audible

"Tisk"

From the sensei.

"You were doing so well too. You still have much to learn, Toritaka-san. If you are going to offer someone a tea ceremony, it must be perfect every time. Until then, I suggest you do not offer your skills to others, as it will look poorly upon you and those who teach you. Should you wish proper lessons, I would be happy to show you"

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:24 am

Harsh... but then again? That is what I expect of these sensei is it not? I doubt they would be even so forgiving of my own efforts. But, then again, she is being offered personal lessons. That itself is quite an honor.

For his part, he kept his words to himself, simply nodding in deference to the sensei's perspective. She was, without question, the expert in this field and he wasn't about to catch himself speaking further out of turn here.

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:37 pm

Sasaiko bows at the sensei's words. And to her offer, she says "When may this one call upon Doji-sensei for such a lesson?"
Toritaka Noriko

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 pm

"I am here to teach, so any time outside of your normal lesson hours."

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:35 pm

Sasaiko bows deeply again.

"This one is grateful, indeed."
Toritaka Noriko

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 am

She nods and her eyes smile, though the rest of her features are perfectly stoic.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:56 am

Saburo for his part decided it best not to complement the tea too much. It didn't taste bad at the very least. So, he opted to keep silence as the better part of valor unless he was given leave to continue onwards in his duties for the evening. For the moment, he was the third wheel of this moment and quite comfortable with that status.

Mmmm, tea.

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:42 am

Sasaiko continues with the trappings of the ritual, wiping the implements and arranging them for inspection, if the other participants so desire.
Toritaka Noriko

Return to “Monkey”