Go in the evening

Kakita Kenji

Go in the evening

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:33 pm

"Kenji sat with a bowl of rice with some fried poultry and a matching but simple sauce on one of the walkways outside one of the buildings.

He had bathed and examined his bruises before getting his meal. Yui and Wyn gave him a bit of a beating today, not so much that he couldn't stand it, but the bruises would probably accompany him for a day or two.

In front of him was a small go set on which he made a few moves, he was not a master in this game, but he usually had fun playing it. "
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kakita Kazuko

Re: Go in the evening

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:17 am

Already finished with her food, Kazuke meanders around, looking to walk off her meal before spotting Kenji sitting in front of a Go set. She hesitates and stares at it for a moment before making up her mind and walking decisively to him. He's a fellow Crane after all, it couldn't hurt to get to know him better. He's a fellow Kakita too, although not one she's seen before, not that she accompanied her father to any courts anyway. She bows slightly before him, as is customary.

"Hello, are you looking to play a game of Go?" she inquires cautiously.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:25 am

Kenji looked at the girl "Greetings, my name is Kakita Kenji, it's an honor to meet you," he said and bowed from his seat. He showed on the square in front of him: "You are welcome to join me. Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, the first day here was a little chaotic," he said and put on a smile. "Ever played before?" Kenji pointed to the board.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:34 am

"I am Kakita Kazuko. I, too, apologize for not introducing myself earlier."

She returns the smile, and seems to be relieved at your countenance. She's glad that you don't seem to be scheming type as many Crane clan members are. She sits down at the table and reaches for the black stones before stopping herself midway.

"Yes, Go used to be one of my favorites. Mind if I go first? Also, I'm not going to wager anything if you're the gambling type."
Last edited by Kakita Kazuko on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:38 am

"Gambling? No, I play it more to amuse myself. Besides, it's a great way to make conversation." Kenji said, reaching for the white stones. "Make your move, I'm curious," he said, watching the girl with interest. "How was your first day here? You seem not to be from the same dojo as me, but I can assume that you belong to the duelists, too?"

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:50 am

Kazuko places a black piece near the corner in a fluid motion that looks like she's played this numerous times before. She's also holding it with her index and middle finger in the traditional style compared to the classic pinching that most defer to.

"Yes, I am also apart of the Kakita Bushi school. Be warned however, I play to win" she says with a grin.

Although the lessons may have taken a toll on her, she can easily forget her exhaustion over a friendly game of Go.

"So what made you come here?" she asks, trying to make small talk.

---

D1 Rooster Game:Go/Int: 2d10o10k1 8
Last edited by Kakita Kazuko on Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:58 am

It was definitely a close game. Kenji definitely had experience in Go, too, but had probably started a bad strategy. "Our dojo held a small tournament about which students would be sent here, I won" Kenji hid the fact that he was actually just lucky and the sun was blocking his opponent's view, but admitting that would only embarrass him "How did you make it here?"

"Pass, Care for another Round?" he said, admitting defeat.

---

D1 Rooster Go in the Evening Go/Int w/Kazuko: 2d10o10k1 7

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:10 am

Kazuko looks at you oddly. She seems to recall that students from all walks of life were invited? Well, it's not her business to pry she supposes.

"Ah, I had to pester my tutors to let me come here. They're a bit overprotective but also fairly arrogant, believing that they could deliver finer tutelage than the Ruby Champion ever could." She says this in an offhand manner, not in way that's intended for gossip, but more in a matter of factly way.

"Sure, I would love another game."

She frowns, peeved as her carelessness leads her to make a poor move, a fact realized a second too late. With a single, lousy move she's given up a quarter of the board. She's almost certainly doomed herself this game.

---

D1 Rooster Game:Go/Int II: 2d10o10k1 2

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:21 am

"Really? Our sensei saw the invitation as a lesson to spur us on and get the best out of us, although I must say that in the end he was not entirely happy, his son was my opponent," Kenji said. "But I guess every dojo entertains a different culture. As far as I can tell, I have had many interesting interactions here so far. A sparring with an Akodo bushi and a jiujutsu sparring with a Mya. You should meet my friends Kaiu Aiichiro and Yasuki Ginkarasu. They are from the crab clan, Yasuki-san is to attached to money, for my taste, but they are good company". Kenji said honestly.

Kenji took advantage of Kazuko's mistake at the beginning of the round and beat her this time. "Looks like we are even, ready to find out who is the Go Master of Hirosaka?" he said amused. He enjoyed his time with her, happy to welcome someone from the same school.

---
D1 Rooster Go in the Evening Go/Int w/Kazuko #2: 2d10o10k1 6

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:33 am

"Well, you proved yourself to belong here. It's his own fault he wanted the tournament style. Besides, he could have sent his son here regardless."

Kazuko ponders about your friends for a moment. She has heard quite the assortment of things about the Crab clan, mostly unpleasant. However, her mother was a Crab clan warrior herself and she was taught to not be so quick to judge by her. She supposes that the fairest way would be to judge them in person, and she's also thoroughly enjoying her time with Kenji currently, so it couldn't hurt.

"Alright," she decides. "I'd be willing to meet your friends later. Do you have a time or place in mind?"

"Go Master of Hirosaka, huh? That's quite the prestigious title."

She smirks, confident in her winning plays this time, playing mindgames with you.

"I can't wait for you to call me that once I win."

---

D1 Rooster Game:Go/Int III: 2d10o10k1 15

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 am

It looked like the gods had left Kenji, or Kazuko was an even more dangerous opponent than he had thought.
Stone by stone, he lost control of the board in a rush.
He put on his serious face, tried harder, but couldn't turn the game around: "Impressive, Kazuko-San, Go Master of Hirosaka, I admit defeat," he announced, partly solemnly, partly beaten a little bit.

"I have a meeting with Aiichiro-San planned for tomorrow, if you want to meet him, Ginkarasu-San will probably be somewhere at this time, you can definitely find him somewhere in the dojo. But I really enjoyed our time together, maybe we can do this game again some other day."

---

D1 Rooster Go in the Evening Go/Int w/Kazuko #3: 2d10o10k1 1

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 am

Kazuko is beaming now, absolutely ecstatic that she won and claimed the title of "Go Master of Hirosaka." Despite her euphoric elation, she tries her best to hide it and offers to shake hands in respect.

"It was a close match. I would definitely enjoy a rematch someday. I would like to meet both of your friends, if that is no burden on you of course."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:08 am

"Of course not," Kenji said, "I'll organize a meeting, but maybe you'll run them around the way, who knows? Kenji knew that the last game was anything but a close match, but if he is honest, the euphoric expression on Kazuko's face was a win for him.

He packed his things, took her hand and said, "May we meet again, Go Master of Hirosaka, Kakita Kazuko-san" and gave her another smile

/scene?

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:31 am

"We'll see each other tomorrow, no need to sound like we're parting ways forever!"

Kazuko gives one last beaming grin before leaving.

/scene

Return to “Rooster”