[Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Kaito Haruki

Re: [Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:47 am

"I shall join you guys, but if you guys need to study some more, feel free to. I could even help you if you need it."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:11 am

"Sumai contests are very common where I live. My mother always took me during the festivals to see some, and there was at least one at each festival, but that may be because I lived in a castle. Mostly they were held for off-duty Hida schoolers who are usually stronger than the engineers, but were pretty fun to watch."
He takes his things from over the table.
"Anyway, let's talk in the streets whilst we search for a place. Hope this city fries tofu. Closest we found when travelling by the Crane, Scorpion and Lion was tempura not fried enough."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Ginkarasu smiles at that idea. "Oooo I heard the shrimp up here are massive. Can you imagine a good shrimp tempura Aiichiro-san?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:58 pm

Kenji brought back the scrolls and books he had borrowed, thanked the librarian and prepared to leave the library. "Ready when you are," he announced.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 pm

"I only had shrimp very few times. Not a lot of water near Shiro Kaiu. Massive shrimp are sure interesting." He said, opening the room's door.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:22 pm

Haruki steps over to the shrine to Fukurokujin, says a quick prayer and places a small offering, then joins the group on the way out. "I've had shrimp before, but I don't think I've had anything with the tempura method before."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:50 am

"We should smell it from anywhere nearby. Tempura smells great! The Yasuki always send the larger shrimp we find on the coast on to the Wall because the samurai there need everything they can get. But I heard that the Emperor's Bay is where the biggest shrimp come, to be closer to the Son of Heaven!" He looks to what the Kaito is doing and goes over to try and mimic it, but doesn't leave an offering, not having coin he wishes to spare. He does whisper a tip about mochi making for the Fortune, in case that kind of wisdom is accepted.

Then he nods firmly and moves to join the others. "To dinner!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:56 am

He looks at the small shrine, pauses a little to think and rests there a coin without any prayers to help the library. "That's nice of the Yasuki. I would understand if the shrimp does not come to the Kaiu, though, as it is on the other side of the Crab."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:27 am

After a short prayer and after he had left an offer Kenji left the library together with the rest and went back to the streets of otosan uchi. The sky was shrouded in dim twilight, but despite the beginning of the night there were still lots of people on the road. Mostly heimin, but Kenji also saw some samurai walking their way. It should not be too hard to find a place in otosan uchi that would satisfy the taste of the four boys
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:05 am

"I'm sure there's lots of Kaiu on the Wall! They're most often the quartermasters there, yes? I know Mom and Dad often stop to talk to Kaiu to handle the logistics."

He nods. "Quartermastering's important. Never heard anyone say otherwise, just that they wished the Quartermaster was less stingy. But you gotta prepare for not just today in that duty, but all of the todays in the future too. I've never been good enough at maths to figure it out."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:30 am

"That's right. But by the Kaiu I meant the Kaiu lands and the bulk of the family. Although saying bulk is pretty much a stretch, because there are a lot of sparse Kaiu spread through the Crab and even the Empire. I have studied enough about the market because of logistics, but I mostly learnt a lot of math because of all the engineering, so I can say confidently I'm pretty good at it."
He looked around for shops.
"The thing about planning for the future... That's pretty on the spot. That's the Kaiu philosophy, and it applies to everything we do. My sensei always said that the wall has to be projected to only become vulnerable around the century of never. She used to say around the century of infinity before, but once someone replied that the war could be eternal."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:26 pm

The four boys arrived at a small restaurant lit up by the shine of some lanterns. From inside, the smell of hot food poured out.

"That's a pretty bleak view of the future, Kaiu-san. Forgive my ignorance, but unfortunately I am not very well informed about the crab way of life...,
The restaurant there looks inviting," Kenji said and pointed to the restaurant from which the tempting smell came.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:02 am

He went straight as a bullet to the pointed restaurant. "I don't find it bleak. It means that we are going to resist eternally if it is needed. Like, it is our duty and all, but over the last thousand years we already lost three castles, two on the same attack, but it was the attack of the Maw. And that was before the Wall. I believe the Wall can last forever. Anyway, you probably didn't come to dinner to hear about oni. Let's see what they are selling."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:09 am

Ginkarasu nudged a little closer to Aiichiro.

"Uhm."

He frowns. Then whispers, "I don't think we're supposed to talk about oni. Mom said people get really angry."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:10 pm

Kenji ignored the mention of Oni, it was just unfortunate to talk about it. "Uhh yes, food, food is good"

Kenji entered the restaurant and greeted the host "Good evening, dear sir, my name is Kakita Kenji, my three companions and I would like to have dinner here, what do you have to offer here?

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:49 pm

"Oh" He said, picking his fan from his hand and opening it wide. "I didn't knew it. Is it some of the cursed of the Dark One?" He asked, whispering back to the Yasuki. He did not see many people who got angry when talked to about oni that didn't suffer giant personal loss to them.
He let the Crane deal with the host of the restaurant.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:53 pm

"I don't know. Just, that the other clans maybe think it's bad luck or something like inviting his attention?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:28 am

"That would be dumb, but alright, no talking about oni outside the Crab to people who are not Crab."
He looked up to see how Kenji was doing in reserving a table.

OOC: Haruki didn't answer. Can we pretend he got off before we entered this place not to drag him around?

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:34 am

Meanwhile Kenji had reserved a table for the three boys. "It looks like we are lucky, the innkeeper said that there is ramen and fried food here," Kenji said happily. "This will be the best food we can get for now."

ooc: yeah would be the best deciscion

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:30 am

"That sounds amazing Kakita-san! Thank you for reserving the table!" Ginkarasu looks around the restaurant happily.

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”