Bayushi Jiro: Professional Problem-solver

Q and A for PCs and GM to ask each other things about them
Bayushi Jiro

Bayushi Jiro: Professional Problem-solver

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Your questions half-answered in a way that suits the Clan of Secrets best!
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: Bayushi Jiro: Professional Problem-solver

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:13 pm

Did Jiro form any opinions on the different clans after a few chances to work alongside them?
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:18 pm

Favorite scene (And a link!) that had Jiro involved? Favorite scene you read that didn't have Jiro in it?
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:49 pm

Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:13 pm
Did Jiro form any opinions on the different clans after a few chances to work alongside them?
Sure! Unfortunately, Jiro did not actually work with many people in what might be called a professional capacity, so for most clans its surface impressions, or there was only one representative and so I am unable to give a real sense of the clan as a whole beyond the stereotype and how one character deviates from it or aligns with it in various ways.

From the rumor-war over Qiang's oopsie and Eiko's initial attempt to brush him off, he got the impression that the Lion are overzealous and defensive, especially when they know that they're in the wrong. He's filing that away for future use. Kichiro was a team player in the thread we shared, though, so not all bad.

Imperials are very individualistic, and cannot easily be lumped into one category.

Crane are either hidebound and unable to really understand themselves for what they are or fantastically brittle.

Phoenix are a little too impractical for Jiro. Jiro was not particularly impressed with Tanshin's spiritual solution to the mystery, in particular. Jiro has an appreciation for theology and philosophy, but ultimately he's a very practical person. There was nothing practical about finding the matching silver teaset for Satsume's teapot and waiting to see what happened next. Saburo he appreciated a great deal in part 1, in spite (or maybe because) of his eccentricities. I just never really had time to get with him in part 2.

Crabs don't always know that they have wisdom, but they do. Ginkarasu and Yotsuo really impressed Jiro. Not that he thinks Ginka is temperamentally suited for the kind of stuff Jiro has to do, but he still very much appreciates that he has made something out of his curse. Yotsuo poked holes in Jiro's paranoia about Agasha Sumiko's intentions in Part 1. If Jiro had been anyone else, and if it weren't a pretty solid idea to have something on the Ruby Champion anyway, he probably would have stopped worrying about it.

And that's all, really, of the clans that I really know multiple people from.
Vutall wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:18 pm
Favorite scene (And a link!) that had Jiro involved? Favorite scene you read that didn't have Jiro in it?
Probably both of the scenes with Prashant. This one and this one.

One seldom gets the opportunity to write that much verse while integrating a go game that operates as a metaphor and then talk at length about zen in another thread. That was really pretty cool. I just wish I knew if Prash takes Jiro's hand? Will they continue to love on the sly? Taking time to make time? Learning from each other's knowin'? Lookin' to see how much they've grown???

I don't usually read a ton of scenes that I am not in, because I have a bad habit of assimilating information and then forgetting where it came from, and then all of a sudden you've metagamed. That said, I enjoyed the Lion's Shadow thread and This one between Nesrin and Prashant.
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:14 pm

You're absolutely right; the unable to lie Ginkarasu is temperamentally not able to walk the path Jiro walks. Thank you much for the reply and insight into Jiro!
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:39 pm

How many Strings would Jiro willing to pull to get Prash?
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm

Just to kid... Kaidan disproves of Prashant to be your buddy buddy. =P

Will we still be bros?
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:03 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:39 pm
How many Strings would Jiro willing to pull to get Prash?
None. Jiro knows that he could probably go over Prash's head and have daddy strike a deal with the Iuchi to arrange the marriage, but then all he'd get is a lifetime of bitterness and resentment. Jiro doesn't know that Prash's other interest is Nesrin, but he's made it pretty clear that Jiro does not come first. So Jiro has gone into "well, let's just see where it goes" mode, but he isn't going to waste resources on a guaranteed negative outcome, and he's essentially written off having a Nobuko-style love match. He's starting to get the picture that no one is ever going to trust him enough to really love him, that his reputation and especially his clan's reputation are always going to make him second choice at best, and that's something he's just going to have to deal with to be an effective member of his clan's leadership. Better to use the marriage to help the clan than get lost in all of these feelings only to be put aside in the end.
Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:46 pm
Just to kid... Kaidan disproves of Prashant to be your buddy buddy. =P

Will we still be bros?
I'm not sure why he would disapprove except to be contrarian, and that would make Jiro question Kaidan's judgment. Jiro is starting to worry that Kaidan is becoming dangerously unstable, and while Jiro cares about Kaidan, he has no idea how to address that. So we'll be bros, just one bro is very worried about the other.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 am

Well long story short about Kaidan disproving Prashant is easy, he never kept his promises to Kaidan, 2 times now. Unhingeness, no need to worry... he will be stable thanks to Ninya in future.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:19 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:37 am
Well long story short about Kaidan disproving Prashant is easy, he never kept his promises to Kaidan, 2 times now. Unhingeness, no need to worry... he will be stable thanks to Ninya in future.
Just wanted to say that that's very un-Prash like : p It's like there's some sort of evil spirit keeping him from fulfilling his promises to Kaidan...

(That said - Postgame thread since apparently you've got no free slots for that spar on D7?)
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Q and A”