Questions for the Silver Raven, Yasuki Ginkarasu

Q and A for PCs and GM to ask each other things about them
Yasuki Ginkarasu

Questions for the Silver Raven, Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:46 pm

He didn't have mochi this time, but he was here! Any questions?
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Vutall

Re: Questions for the Silver Raven, Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm

What was your favorite scene (with a link!) with Gin involved in it? Favorite you read that Gin wasn't involved in?
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:23 pm

Why Silver Raven? :)

Is Ginkarasu pleased with his performance here?

Also sorry I did not squeeze in a thread with him this game. Other than sharing a fight scene at the sake house and other giant event scenes.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Vutall wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:52 pm
What was your favorite scene (with a link!) with Gin involved in it? Favorite you read that Gin wasn't involved in?
I got to learn a lot about Ginkarasu in these scenes: viewtopic.php?f=231&t=1417 & viewtopic.php?f=173&t=885 which makes them very special (thanks Aiichiro & Nobuko!)

That being said, getting to insult a bunch of ronin as the connoisseur of being insulted was good fun in the beginning of the Bar Fight.

Favorite that I wasn't involved in? Hmm.

There's good choices in multiple places. I really liked seeing the Scorpion ninja team-ups on infiltration missions. & Team Unicorn were generally a hoot.
Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:23 pm
Why Silver Raven? :)

Is Ginkarasu pleased with his performance here?

Also sorry I did not squeeze in a thread with him this game. Other than sharing a fight scene at the sake house and other giant event scenes.

"Silver Raven" = Ginkarasu, as best as I could figure out. Yasuki are often called "Golden Carps" and I imagine that when Ginkarasu was born, his parents had a lot to decide on. Someone with his birthmark has a lot of unfortunate things thought about him. I imagine that his parents being told he's been marked by Emma-O at his birth is a big deal. From what I could find, ravens were seen as messengers of a god. Silver is still precious, and ravens can also be seen as a symbol of familial affection. One of the things I've done in small ways, is work in how Ginkarasu tries to bring the names of the dead to pray at shrines to Emma-O, when he can. (I'm trying to tell the story of him living and working with it; I'm concerned that by having it as a trait and linking it to his unluckyness that I'm doing a wrong, but I'm ultimately trying to show that he's a good person & a good samurai, that his disfigurement doesn't stop him and his story is him overcoming those who've insulted him, finding friends who don't see that but see him.)

Ginkarasu was pretty shook by his kenjutsu performance. (Orokos!!!! :evil: ) He's got Kenjutsu 7; He rolled an 18, a 15, a 24, a 22. All on 10k3e. Which supposedly has an average roll of 33. Otherwise he did about as good as he could've hoped. He'd have liked to get past Matsu Qiang in dueling, sure. But realistically, he's a Crab in iaijutsu. Course he'll lose.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:39 pm

If there was one scene you could redo, wich would that be?
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:54 pm

I've got no real regrets; though I do wish I had took more time to play w/ more people.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:40 am

Forgot to say it in thread, but there is cake ready for you guys when you get back from hunting day 5.

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=1664
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:12 am

We should have met...
We should talk in the future.
Would you change anything about Ginkarasu?
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:15 am

I would like to have more time to play. But I did a move during this game.

I wish I'd had the creative forethought to have come up with another way to gain koku during Topaz, as it was a fun side gig in Round 1 and gave me a structure for sessions.

I can't really say if I'd change anything about Ginkarasu: his actual skill, abilities, kata, technique(s) were barely tested.

I probably would've put more ranks in Commerce though.

Return to “Q and A”