D3EE: Dammit, I Need a Bath (Open)

Toritaka Sasaiko

Re: D3EE: Dammit, I Need a Bath (Open)

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:47 am

She nods.

"I can think of many worse ways to spend a week than with you, Saburo-kun, discussing law and history and taking in the sights when the tournament is done.

"But about your homeland, I have to wonder if the spirits do not respond more because they are attended more often," she puts in, echoing his thought. "I've noticed that the spirits in settled areas seem to respond more easily than away from them--though there are exceptions, of course."
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:09 pm

"I can think of few ways I would rather spend my day than to finally have a week alone with you with little in the way of responsibility." It seemed their lives were surrounded by that constantly.

"They say that it is through love and use over the course of a great many times and honored action that nemuranai are awoken, with extremely rare exception." Those exceptions being the most powerful artificers in the empire's history crafting them by magical force. "So, there's a good chance you're correct. It may be because we are so attentive that they are as alert. In which case, we are maintaining the ... culture of the land, I suppose."
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:15 pm

"There will be few such times, I know, Saburo-kun. We'll make the most of them together.

"But I do wonder how the lands of your home will respond to the kinds of prayers I know. I'm not necessarily eager to go through schooling again, at least for a while." Unless it's for the Magistracy, she adds mentally. But that won't be for a while yet.

"I know you do not specialize in the Earth kami, but Tani Hitokage tends to be somewhat drier and rockier than many places. The stones in it are gruffer than I've felt in many places, even if there's a delight in that bluntness from being among it so long. Do the voices of stone and soil speak more softly in the north?"
Toritaka Noriko

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:17 pm

"To an extent, when ours is a home of our own, there will be far more time, though the weight of duty is a heavy one," he said softly, smiling at the thought of it. "Hopefully our duties will afford us the time to bet together and learn more of one another. I do not think, however, that your prayers will find it any more difficult than they do in your own family's lands. The kami may find it curious to hear another voice for once."

"The voices of the stone speak with a great deal of heaviness and strength closest to the mountains. We are not far from the rise of the Dragon's lands after all. Those who specialize in the Earth usually visit the lands nearest to there, to pray in the shrines among those mountains. Or so I am told. Though my Earth has strengthened, it remains my most troubled element." He was more consigned to that, and thought of the fact that it was her specialty as a kind of boon. They complemented one another magically.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:31 pm

"I'll hope that my voice is not discordant, then," she replies.

She sighs back into the water. His company is congenial, and they do not need to fill every moment with words. Simply being with him is a relief--and while it cannot always be thus, it is now, and that is enough.
Toritaka Noriko

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:49 pm

She was right. They did not. And when she settled back, so did he. He was careful to avoid physical contact under the water, but just being here like this... there was contentment in that. There was contentment in the thought of sharing a home with someone whose temperament seemed to suit him rather than merely a political or dutiful arrangement. It made his thoughts... happy. Eyes closed, he relaxed and just finally let out a little sigh of contentment. Not a common thing for him, but he could get used to it.

(OOC: Handwave point?)

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 am

(/scene--and thank you!)
Toritaka Noriko

Return to “Streets”