(Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Togashi Dao

Re: (Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread)

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:58 am

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:13 am
"So it seems ne, Togashi-san! And that despite some hardships along the way. In fact... it seems like her success also extended to samurai able to work together despite possible differences to overcome difficulties, ne?" He smiles broadly.
"Yes, many bonds have been forged among our little class." Dao agrees as he refills Prashant's cup. "Together we shall usher in a new age of greatness." He jokes slightly.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:59 am

Ikoma Eichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:45 pm
Vutall wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:08 pm
The girl looks at Eichiro with a puzzled expression

"Why would I mind? We are all here to share in each others company, are we not? And there is an open seat"
"I did- uh, it's onl-" he stammers.

"Thank you." Eichiro sits in the empty seat, he spends a moment getting settled. Confidence! Project confidence! You're a child of Ikoma.

"So," he speaks, his voice suddenly much deeper. He coughs and takes a drink to start over. "So," he continues, a more normal tone, "quite a gathering, I'm glad that everyone is able to get together and set aside the competition of the tournament. It's quite a different environment, more formal in dress, but more relaxed in atmosphere, don't you think?"

Nijiro, seated in a corner, smiles for the first time in as many days. Instead of shouting, he just places his cup towards the sky....
He is definitely an Ikoma in training, but already an Ikoma in spirit, you go, Bro...
Lion Clan * Courtier maybe something else?* Bland
Honor: Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 104
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:00 am

“I will be watching you closely. I too wish too see your skill. If you handle a blade like you can use your hands...”
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:11 am

Dao's graduation was only a day away, he was almost at the point of being considered a man. It was time to start acting like one....or at least like the ones in the pillowbooks he had found in the libraries.

"I have been working with the latter much more than the former." Dao admits openly. "Although part of me almost hopes I disappoint, to merit more individual and personal instruction."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am

Ikoma Eichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:45 pm

"I did- uh, it's onl-" he stammers.

'Shut up!' says his inner Ikoma-shiryo.

"Thank you." Eichiro sits in the empty seat, he spends a moment getting settled. Confidence! Project confidence! You're a child of Ikoma.

"So," he speaks, his voice suddenly much deeper. He coughs and takes a drink to start over. "So," he continues, a more normal tone, "quite a gathering, I'm glad that everyone is able to get together and set aside the competition of the tournament. It's quite a different environment, more formal in dress, but more relaxed in atmosphere, don't you think?"
The Dragon girl ponders the question.

“Hmm, yes, it does seem more relaxed. Perhaps the pressure being gone allows for all to feel more free? You though seem nervous. What troubles you?”
Togashi Dao wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:11 am
Dao's graduation was only a day away, he was almost at the point of being considered a man. It was time to start acting like one....or at least like the ones in the pillowbooks he had found in the libraries.

"I have been working with the latter much more than the former." Dao admits openly. "Although part of me almost hopes I disappoint, to merit more individual and personal instruction."
“Oh? And who would you wish to have instruction from? “

She sits back comfortably, learning on one arm and bending a knee to rest her other hand on it, showing off her figure some

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:26 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am
"Oh? And who would you wish to have instruction from? “

She sits back comfortably, learning on one arm and bending a knee to rest her other hand on it, showing off her figure some.
Dao tries with every fiber of his being not to follow Oichi's movements, and mostly succeeds although the difficulty it causes him is obvious. "Well, Kitsuki-san did win the tournament last year. I'm sure she would have some wisdom to impart." He answers teasingly, his gaze briefly flitting to the head of the table before returning to Oichi, hoping his mirth would not be misinterpreted.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:30 am

"Oh, Kitsuki-san you say? Hm. yes, she may be a good teacher indeed. Though, I had the impression you preferred older, more...experienced...ones?"

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:47 am

"Oh! How well you know me." Dao gasped slightly. He took a small movement to get a little closer, it was a noisy gathering after all.

"Does Utaku-sensei know any...seasoned instructors interested in taking on an eager, young protege?"

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:48 am

Asahi would not eavesdrop on his clanmates, but he was passively listening with interest.
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:49 am

Ginkarasu saw more people who seemed thirsty so made sure the servants stopped by the Utaku and Togashi.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:06 am

The Unicorn gladly accepted a refil and sipped the water slowly.

“Well, there are a few I could think of, but I’d like to hear your thoughts? Who have you had your eyes on?”

She casually brushes a stray bang behind her ear

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:10 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:17 am
The Dragon girl ponders the question.

“Hmm, yes, it does seem more relaxed. Perhaps the pressure being gone allows for all to feel more free? You though seem nervous. What troubles you?”
Eichiro sighs, then takes a sip of his drink, "I don't know. It isn't tomorrow, I'm going to talk the judges ears off in the debates."

"It isn't the future, as the path has been set before me."

"No dark secrets that might come to light, no horrible plots being hatched against me." He continued listing off all of the things that didn't make him nervous, He takes a drink, "I guess it must be the company."

"I'm no shugenja," he starts with a small grin, "but you know how the water and air kami can show you things. No matter where I was these last couple days, I couldn't see anyone else but you."

"Maybe that's why I'm so nervous, I'm talking to magic."
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:16 am

Dao waved off the refill, his thirst was being quenched in other ways this evening.

"My eyes wander among a number of potential mentors." He admits candidly. "All offer something different to an inexperienced student finding his way in the world."

His eyes lock onto Oichi's and he whispers softly. "But there will always be a strong connection to those who have showed me such kindness and patience in the past."

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:38 am

He couldn't stay in this place any longer, he needed some air and some space. He is not claustrophobic but being in a place without his whole mask was weird. He slowly tiptoed around the walls. He went slowly went to the door that went to the garden. Probably no one will notice the missing Bayushi. They are all entertained in the joys of life. Why couldn't he enjoy such things? Why was it so awkward to be in such place? Why can't he just be himself? Is there a himself to be?

He just sat on bench, wondering about his life. Tomorrow is a big day for many. Tomorrow is a big day for him. Tomorrow his mission begins... He is an adult to all Rokugan... How can people be merry? He knows that he won't probably meet anyone later on. Sigh...

//D6 LE getting out of dinner to the garden Stealth.: 10d10o10k5 34
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:12 am
Nobuko was personally distracted by a certain Unicorn, but upon Kokyou's approach, she turned her attention to him and bowed her head - since she was seated - in greeting, "Kokyou-san. Are you enjoying the feast?"
"I am indeed, Otomo-sama. Yet, there's something that would make my comrades at the corner there enjoy a bit more. I ask forgiveness for being so bold as to approach you, I am rude as where they are not." Kokyou bows to the Imperial apologetically.

When he returns from the bow, he opens up his big green fan for a moment and checks its mighty, feathery and glorious peacock. As if inviting Nobuko into doing the same. The intention, was of course, to muffle sound from being too loud, and avoid any lip reading shenanigans.

He says, in a low tone, "Would Otomo-sama be so kind and courteous as to provide an aid to the not so privileged competitors? The main issue is that we have indeed prepared gifts to honor Kakita-sama, and we have not been called. If we don't deliver those, we'll bring shame back to our Families, and to ourselves. I once again apologize for being so bold. But I could not think on anyone else more capable and persuasive with this endeavor."

--
D6, LE, Etiquette/Awareness: 6d10o10k5-4 38
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:18 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:38 am
He couldn't stay in this place any longer, he needed some air and some space. He is not claustrophobic but being in a place without his whole mask was weird. He slowly tiptoed around the walls. He went slowly went to the door that went to the garden. Probably no one will notice the missing Bayushi.

//D6 LE getting out of dinner to the garden Stealth.: 10d10o10k5 34
Asahi watched the Bayushi leave. A few moments later, he excused himself and left for the garden. He wasn't following the Scorpion, not directly. The dinner was too noisy for his senses and there were too many distractions surrounding him. Stepping away was a good idea.

Outside, he spotted the Scorpion, but didn't approach. He sat at a different bench and enjoyed the peace.

- - -
(Day 6, LE) Celebration Feast (Roleplay Thread), Investigation (Notice)/Perception vs Bayushi Kaiden 34, Kitsuki FR +5, Mastery FR +5: 9d10ro1o10k4+10 61

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:28 am

Kokyou wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:00 am
She looked leaned in to get a closer look at the fan and nodded appreciatively as he spoke, then gave a soft laugh as though he'd told her a joke.

"Oh Kokyou-san, of course. Though, if I am able to remind him to call you, please, be prepared to come as a group or send one representative to speak for all of you. Usually the Minor Clan delegation is supported by only one person at courts this large, and is expected to act on the behalf of all parties they represent, even if those parties are not of their clan specifically."

Nobuko stood and bowed to him and gave him enough time to retreat to his seat to prepare as she way over to where Toshimoko was seated, stopping here and there to greet friends and make small talk.

When she did reach the Governor, she bowed to him and spoke softly so that the words would go far, "Kakita-dono, if I might hold your attention for a short conversation, I would be most appreciative."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:36 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:28 am
She looked leaned in to get a closer look at the fan and nodded appreciatively as he spoke, then gave a soft laugh as though he'd told her a joke.

"Oh Kokyou-san, of course. Though, if I am able to remind him to call you, please, be prepared to come as a group or send one representative to speak for all of you. Usually the Minor Clan delegation is supported by only one person at courts this large, and is expected to act on the behalf of all parties they represent, even if those parties are not of their clan specifically."
Kokyou does as instructed. His eyes glinting with the thrill of the plan set in motion. He looks to his magnificent statue and then back at the group to explain to them how this would proceed.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:48 am

Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:48 am
Kaidan looked up and straiten at the sight of the Kitsuki. The air of the flowers was relaxing to say the least. He just waved at the Kitsuki and nodded.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:59 am

He waved back.

"It's quite nice out here, Bayushi-san."

Return to “Kakita Estate”