(Day 6, LN) DEADLY EVENT: Hallway: Curiosity killed the...(CW: Ghosts, Potential Death)

Individual Rooms for Guests
Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (Day 6, LN) DEADLY EVENT: Hallway: Curiosity killed the...(CW: Ghosts, Potential Death)

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:17 am

He looks to Kichiro, taking his blades and putting them back again in their sheats. "Akodo-san, would you like to play something together? I have heard the Akodo are masters at Shogi?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Akodo Kichiro

Re: (Day 6, LN) DEADLY EVENT: Hallway: Curiosity killed the...(CW: Ghosts, Potential Death)

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:02 am

"The college educates its students on Go preferably. Fate seems to keep bringing me to you dreaded shogi enthusiasts." Kichiro sighs. "Very well Kaiu-san it sounds like a fine time. I will look forward to our match."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:06 am

"I have a board of Shogi, not a board of Go. I'm a Go player as well. Besides, shogi has just more interesting alterations at all. Like, ever heard of three-board go or four-player go?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:11 am

"Hai I have its called rengo. Two teams of two." Kichiro holds up two fingers to emphasis the team count. "If you wish to introduce me to this shogi game we can have a friendly match. You play for keeps we bring in my board of go." Kichiro speaks with a spark of competition. An eyebrow raises inquisitively wondering which he will choose.
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:16 am

He squints his eyes. "Oh, rengo is just normal go. But you can make a really big tabletop of shogi and put pieces on each corner to make four different players. For reals. Shogi is just way more versatile." He answers. "And you never played shogi? Akodo Eiko-sensei always played it with me on our strategy lessons."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:00 am

"Rengo is not normal go." Kichiro says very firmly. "My sensei's opinions on shogi were very clear and I echo his spirit. I have not played.... but suppose I should give it a shot."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:25 am

"Nah, it would be no fun if you don't know how to play the game. I'm somewhat competitive. Do you have a go board?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:30 am

"Hai I do. Don't you think this should wait until morning? At least until those bandages cleaned and preferably leaving Bayushi-san to sleep in peace? If you insist we can move to my own own quarters."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:41 am

Dao grins outwardly at the miniature squabble betwen the Lion and the Crab. He makes no effort to hide it, but does speak up before breaking into laughter.

"Maybe Ninya headed in here?" He asks as he pokes his head inside Kaidan's doorway.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:44 am

"Yotsuo-san won't wake up so early. It's fairly safe just to try to distract ourselves to stay awake. We did it last time a gaki attacked our sleeping quarters. But surely I meant not here."
He looks coldly to the Togashi for a moment, but then turns back to Kichiro.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:53 am

Kichiro pays no mind to Dao and instead gestures for AIichiro to follow. "You don't feel safe enough to sleep you are free to follow." Kichiro says to everyone. Heading towards the lion quarters to receive his own board game.

"This wasn't the first time you've been attacked by Gaki?! That was my first time ever against such a monstrosity. My hands still feel uneasy..." Kichiro looks down at his hands. Still shaking with a mix of adrenaline and fear. "Suppose I can't call that my first slain foe. Dematerialized? That the correct term for it? Banished perhaps?"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:02 am

Kaidan sighed. "Here i was going to make tea... oh well." He looked at Dao. "Ninya comes and goes... she a rascal I just hope she is alright."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:05 am

"I'm sure she'll be fine." Dao replies to Kaidan, trying to sound confident.

"She probably just got spooked by the ghost things and will have found a nice warm spot to snuggle up into. Kami know that's what I would do." He adds as he rubs the hand he punched the gaki with, trying to feel some warmth in it after the previous chill.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:36 am

"I was not the victim last time. The first time it was a gaki that could only enter ningen-do by holes. Yotsuo-sama and others worked hard to patch every one up." He says. "It targeted Mai-san during the hour of the Ox if I recall. We brought her to Asako Himeya-sensei, who cast a spell over us so we would not need to sleep and could guard the other students. We played shogi together after that. I had put down tainted foes before, but not at the Wall, so it is not brag-worthy. Their attack was worse. This time I got worried I had to rescue someone. Back then I was worried we would all die."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:52 am

"Quite the tale. Pretty soon our service to our lord begins. The life of a bushi is one often filled with such violence." Kichiro looks down at his still shaking hands. "I don't like it. I don't like this feeling." Kichiro shakes off this feeling and retrives his go board without disturbing the others sleeping.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:11 am

"I have been doing some minor things. I already completed my gempukku, just not officially. Crabs never rely on that championship alone. The gempukku tests are too different." He looks at his shaking hands. "Are you afraid of a two times dead foe?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:25 am

"I'm no coward Kaiu-san. My cousins in the Matsu are notorious for their bloodlust on the fields of glory. But this..." Kichiro curls his hands into fists to block out the feeling. "Doesn't feel good. I've only seen supernatural horrors like this one other time."

Kichiro gestures a free hand towards the empty hall. "Where should we play?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:31 am

"Those happen all the time here. Yotsuo-sama said it may be because students here have a high spiritual charge. Kaidan-san is probably the reason. But he really, really should be more remindful of his wards. Otherwise he will just put everyone into danger yet again. We may play at your room."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:52 am

The two enter Kichiro's room and begin setting up the table. The place an absolute predestine example of organization and cleanliness. Almost alarmingly so. The young lion takes his seat and ensures the board plus the two jars of go stones are properly placed. As custom, he offers the white stones thus the advantage of first move to his guest.

"I would like to ask an... unsavory question by cultural standards. It's in regards to the crab's duty and testimony of your people's lands." Kichiro as delicately as he could. "Be free to say no."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:08 am

"You are free to ask. It can't be worse than the subject."

Return to “Private Rooms”