[D6, EM] Information Share

Otomo Nobuko

Re: [D6, EM] Information Share

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:44 am

She frowned and shook her head, "Nothing comes to mind. We are to the final day of earning our way into the tournament. If the actions we take to aid Hitoshi-san do not draw this person out, then likely little will at this venture. I suppose, really, it depends on how pivotal it is to their scheme that Hitoshi-san fail. Much damage has already been done to the reputations of certain people. It may be enough to satisfy them. If it is not, we are certain find out in an obvious way, as time is short."

She sighed and shrugged, "unless there is something you can think of in that regard, I am at a loss. My family do not take such baits in an open manner. Were it my plot, I would bide my time and create obstacles and difficulties for those who interfered in the days and months to come. A revenge that whittles away at their status and reputation so it would be easier to sow discord among those who might otherwise call them allies."

Kindhearted as she was, she was also an Otomo.

"I think our interference should look as much like children uncertain of how to help as possible, while also being as useful as it can be. To appear as nuisances to this person, but ones that may be dismissed as threats. They clearly have influence, so we may find ourselves at odds with them in the future."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:02 am

"I was considering painting a target on someone else and laying in wait for something actionable. Eiko came to mind, as he had already taken measures to try to ascertain the entity's identity, but Toshimoku or even Kitsuki Tai Yu would work just as well. The situation is complicated in that it is possible there is no agent actually here, just assets turned elsewhere."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:10 am

"I would not frame Toshimoko-dono. He has likely already turned resources towards figuring this out and actions meant to point at him could confuse his own agents..."

She didn't think Eiko was a good choice either. He was too blatant.

"If we were to point things as Kitsuki-Sensei, it may be more prudent to actually obtain her help."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:47 am

Tomohiro considered that for a moment. "I agree. Perhaps she has some ideas about how to proceed in any case."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:17 am

"The question really, is do we have the time today? There is much going on already."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:26 am

"I do." It wasn't as though Jiro was particularly interested in Tsu Fish issues later in the day, gifts of koku or no gifts of koku. "And, while the banquet is a form of crisis, I think this issue will extend long after Hitoshi's plight becomes irrelevant. I will see if I cannot find Kitsuki-sensei. And then perhaps a note to Agasha-sama will not go amiss."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:40 am

"Thank you," she grinned at him. "Whatever you find out, please keep me informed. I will ensure Hitoshi-san has my bow this morning. Is there anything else you wish to speak on? Or ask of me. I feel as though I have asked more of you in this than I have contributed. Though, of course, I know that it can be difficult for me to act in the shadows as you and Kaidan-san do."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:18 am

"Do not worry yourself on my account, Nobu-chan. This sort of thing is precisely what your honored ancestor asked my honored ancestor to do so long ago. I mean, life would be easier if all I had to do was look pretty all day, but that is not the world we live in. As for this business, I think we must be prepared to act during the banquet, and I think someone may wish to leave a bit of a warning for the Mantis, who will be seated closest to Hitoshi, to expect a problem, but it would seem we have done what we can already, or are about to, at any rate."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:23 am

"I will see if I can speak with Kokyou-san about keeping an eye out at this evening's festivities," she offered, "Truly, I feel that our window of opportunity may have passed us by before we even understood it was there. But being aware of this person, and their efforts, will leave us more prepared should something arise in the future related to them."

Return to “Outskirts”