D5 LA Artsy stuff (Shrine to Sadahiko)

Bayushi Kaidan

Re: D5 LA Artsy stuff (Shrine to Sadahiko)

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:29 pm

The pretty fox pouted. "How can I know you and become your friend if you don't want to show me the story of your life?" She moved closer to the Lion. "But if you don't want to be my friend I will understand." She frowned. "Friendship seems to be a trust issue."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 am

By this point Kichiro starting coming to the realization that this is no wild kitsune. A foxwife of a local crane? Too knowledgeable of the civilized arts. His training alerts in his head to beware the crane's silver tongue or the scorpion's treachery but he ignores it. Rather just speak keep plainly and let the pieces fall where they may.

"Fine." Yukihime's pouting wore him down. "You can't blame me for being private. For many of those samurai down below hide behind vibrant masks to conceal their ravenous hunger. All waiting to take a bite out of anyone at the slightest sign of weakness." Kichiro shakes his head. Clear disgust for the clan politics at these events. The cruel treatment Hitoshi has been dealt.

"I'll make you a deal. You want to figure me out then you need to offer something in exchange. Tell me about yourself. Only fair neh?"

(If you go down this route and lie I would expect a sincerity vs investigation roll. :3 )
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:01 am

"What is there to tell?" She sighed. "I am a spirit trapped in this place only can come out the day before the full moon or snow days of winter." The Kitsune sighed once again. "I am cursed." She hid behind her fan. This is the background story made for the character that Kaidan is playing.

//D5 LA Sincerity deceit: 5d10o10k4 23
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:14 am

D5:LA Artsy Stuff Invest/Per: 7d10o10k5 29

"Uh huh. Sure." Kichiro towers over Yukihime and gives her a stern unamused glare. "What pillow book you take that from?"
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:36 am

Yukihime lowered her head sadden. Then the fox smiled. "Do you think I made it up?" The fox shook her head. "Why would I lie to you, Akodo kun?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:18 am

"My knowledge of the majestic kitsune might be limited but I know how to spot a tall tale." Kichiro crosses his arms and nods to himself in total confidence of his assessment.

"Ether way you answered the question so I will honor our agreement. It is a remarkable honor that I am here at the topaz championship representing the Akodo war college. Early into my schooling I was deemed a lost cause and nearly kicked out of the college. Slow to grasp the basics and fell far behind my peers in both talent and skill. I was quiet... alone... It was only by the friendship of another student, Hida Junzo, that I was able to pick myself up and rise among the top ranks of my class. It was hard but with Junzo-san and I together we were ready to take on the world."

"I miss him. I sent here to finish my gempukku and Junzo-san back south to rejoin his family and clan. He now serves on that dreaded wall. "

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:24 am

"I know the feeling... being the last of your class." She shook her head. "You know new friends new beginning and new adventure will be had."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 am

"Were it so easy." Kichiro sighs.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:54 am

"Haven't you had new adventures here in Tsuma? Haven't you found new friends?" She smiled. "The path and the journey are never the same."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:03 am

"Trying." Kichiro shakes his boxed gift for added effect. "Acquaintances but none that I would call a friend. None that would take an arrow for me." Kichiro tilts his head. "Not that that is very important. What does one expect with one week in the land of my ancestral rivals?" Kichiro says getting tired of his own pity party.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:13 am

"You have friends... you just don't know it." She moved closer. "Bayushi kun is your friend. He saved your life perhaps you should see the bigger picture."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:35 am

"An accordance to the tenet of compassion doesn't-" Kichiro interrupts himself. Finally noticing the ever creeping closer fox lady while they sat together on those shrine steps. For the first time Kichiro's light brown eyes meeting hers. "Oh... Hi..." is all he can muster to say while completely stunned.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:00 pm

"Hello..." She smiled. "Bushido is very important to you. I won't push you to anything dishonorable." She patted the lion with her fan.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:06 pm

Spark of attitude arises as the young lion is patted on the head. His eyes slowly squinting giving him a more dour expression. "Oh? You think can push a clansman of the lion to dishonor?" Kichiro barks and moves closer as if stepping to her challenge. "M-my honor i-is absolute!" Kichiro immediately regrets his decision and only blushes harder.
Last edited by Akodo Kichiro on Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:24 pm

The Kitsune smiled. "Why would I want to tarnish the honor of the Lion?" Yukihime fanned herself. "Why would a handome young man would want to sway away a pretty fox wife using his bushido?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:02 am

"Because you clearly enjoy toying with handsome young men. In your playful nature I suppose." Kichiro stares straight back into her eyes unblinking. The distance between them growing smaller. "The tenets bushido do not offer guidance on swaying pretty fox wives. You'll only find those answers in the pillow books of the crane. Much like this curse of yours... In fairy tales."

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:13 am

"Legends... Akodo san, for there is a bit of truth behind the story. The question is what is true." She tilted her head. "That is up to you to understand what is true what is false. Is it my curse the truth or the lie?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:50 am

Kichiro backs way and rethinks her story. "Fine. I will play your game and solve the puzzle." As he does, Kichiro taps his right cheek bone with his finger as he ponders on her story. "Many afflictions of the soul, curses, are known within rokugan's society but that's assuming you are literal. Could rather imply a reflection on your nature of being trapped. A night before the full moon could mean only on special occasion. Snows of winter meaning obscurity of the a winter's storm."

"The take away... or at least my interpretation is two outcomes. Ether a fox wife hidden away by your partner and find freedom in escaping your cage. Or... Much like the haze of a winter storm you live a life of smoke and mirrors. An agent of shadow unleashed on special occasions. A performer with many faces as an elegant courtier might say." Kichiro over analyses the small tale. "Maybe mix of both? Was this what you hoped? You got to give me something here I'm feeling really silly picking over each word." Kichiro lets out a small laugh at himself.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:59 am

"Are you asking me or are you telling me?" She was confused. "Why would I want to be free from a husband that I don't have?" She frowned. Kichiro might notice little Ninya approaching. "Kitty!"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:20 am

"Wait..." Kichiro immediately recognized the cat. "Isn't that Bayushi-san's kitten?"

Return to “Shrine to the Fortunes”