[D6, EA] Posse Comitatus

Bayushi Jiro

[D6, EA] Posse Comitatus

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am

Having sent a note to the Lion, recognizing from Eiko's words that they were already neck-deep in this mess as well, and to his brother, Jiro waits under an awning for the rest of the posse. They had a potential lead to follow, and Jiro knew that there was also potential danger here. Of course, it might all come to nothing and be an entirely innocent bit of nonsense, but one couldn't be sure beforehand, could one?
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Vutall

Re: [D6, EA] Posse Comitatus

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:18 am

((Tagging))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:12 pm

Encountering his way around the streets Bayushi Kaidan found Jiro. He bowed to his brother and wondered who the ronin was. They need to also save the face of the clan knowing that the saying on the note is one that is typical of his kin.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:29 pm

Receiving the note, Kichiro was more than happy to aid his peers despite their clan affiliation. After all these ronin attacks at the inn, it was important to watch each other's backs.

Head held high with the attitude of a proud lion, Kichiro steps across the street and approaches the two scorpions. Bowing formally to both. "Konnichiwa."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:43 am

Jiro returns the bow with a smile and a bow of his own. "Greetings, Kaidan-san, Akodo-san. I trust your mornings have gone well? I have asked you here because I am trying to find a particular ronin, one with loose lips who has suggested that Doji Murashige was behind the attack at the sake house. It is necessary that we ascertain whether his actions are the result of his association with the actual paymaster, with something altogether more sinister, or whether he is just a fool."

He paused. "He is almost certainly armed, and, unfortunately, he may well have friends."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 am

"Do we know where this ronin tends to parade himself?" He asked. Might notice the change of tone on the Bayushi, he is serious. He is wearing his light armor. This time he is not using his other abilities. His brother had asked protect him that is what he must do.
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:09 am

"We do not, as yet. But we do have some idea of his identity. He is the ronin Jimmu, and given his fondness for discussion, I expect he is not unknown to the population at large. We simply have to ask where he is located from a passerby and then we will be well on our way."

Jiro smiled, then turned and stepped into a shop.

"Sir," he asked of the proprietor, "We are looking for Jimmu, the ronin, to ask about a job. I wonder if you know where I might find him? Or where others of his kind tend to congregate?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:26 am

"Jiimu? Hmm. I would say check the Poisoned Water...but..."

There is a sad frown.

"Perhaps Little Khanbulak?"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:44 am

"Thank you very much for your assistance." Jiro flips the gentleman a zeni for his troubles and informs the others of their new destination.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:57 am

Kaidan followed Jiro closely. He wonders if this is going to be a wild goose chase or this Robin Jimmu is real or just an actor of the Scorpion clan. "We should have asked what he looks like... seems there are many ronin around."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:26 am

"Not to worry, Kaidan-san. He'll want a job. They always do."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:49 am

"Topaz championship brings business from all across the empire. Where there is koku there are ronin eager to collect." Kichiro speaks with an unamused huff. "We need to be careful. Allegiances are never clear and they tend to roam in packs. Jimmu-san might still have some friends in town."
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:14 am

"Seems sensible to me, Akodo-san. Do you suppose we need more help, or shall we on to Little Khanbulak and see what we can find?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:19 am

"While I remain in good favor with the local crane magistrate I believe we are well suited to this task. If the situation escalates we take a step back and reexamine our options. Need more resources we can pull on our connections."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 am

"Very well, Akodo-san. I shall defer to your expertise and that of Kaidan-san when we lay our eyes on the situation." Jiro bowed in thanks, and led the way to Little Khanbulak, where he began to inquire of passers-by where Jimmu might be found--and also what he might look like, because Kaidan definitely had a point.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:15 pm

((When you are all ready, you'll need to "Canvas" the area. Investigation / Awareness TN 20 to find the right ronin by asking questions that wont scare him off. Failure means he gets away. Success means you've got him. I'll allow this to be a cooperative roll, so whoever makes the roll gains a straight bonus to their check equal to everyone elses Investigation skill. ))

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:07 pm

D6, Posse Comitatus: Investigation/Awareness to find Jimmu: 8d10o10k5+4 60 [[Exceptional Success! Equivalent to 4 raises, which is all I can have! Good work, guys!!]]

The team conducts its investigation, trying to find Jimmu's description and location so that they can approach in such a way as to get the drop on him and see if he has a posse of his own.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:15 am

The Ronin is currently hanging out at a stall set up to serve drinks. He seems to be infatuated with the woman running the stall, and is paying no attention to his surroundings.

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:34 am

Bayushi Jiro allows Kichiro and Kaidan to secure the ronin while he withdraws to secure a private room for questions to take place.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 2:37 am

"Hmmmmm..." He wondered. "Tomo san... would you mind me getting...lost for a while?" He gave his cousin a wink. "I have a plan... Note how he is struck by the woman we are all men. Would you agree to my special skills?"

Return to “Streets”