Day 4 LN The flame flickers

Ikoma Nijiro

Re: Day 4 LN The flame flickers

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:14 am

"The shadow was not aware of your ......issue. This one needs to know who and how you are being blackmailed, Sama."

"After that is discussed this one also has a remedy to assist in maintaining the honor of the Lion."
Lion Clan * Courtier maybe something else?* Bland
Honor: Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 104
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:24 am

"I do not know who they are, only that they have material against myself and Doji Murashige-sama. They are intent on bringing the boy, Hitoshi, to fail, though they did not say why. This is why I had to shame myself today during his match. As far as what they have on myself and Doji-sama, it is too terrible to speak aloud for me, and I assume the same for her."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:39 am

"I see........"

A quite moment passes

Another.....

Finally the shadow speaks "Very well, if the information is passed to the shadow as to what it is, the Ikoma will use their techniques to negate its effect..... if the Shadow were to acquire the letter they sent you, all the better to find them out, and ......... negate their advantage......"

"As to the Hitoshi boy, Those from the realm of the honored dead have warned the shadow that he must pass. So I propose a solution that will allow you to maintain your honor, while the shadow does what it must to punish those who do such things." A small vial roll into the light "This is a resin, very clear, but very slick. As you will notice the resin has no scent, but put on a finished piece of wood, say, a bokken..... makes it quite slippery."

A pause "It will be you who finds that this bokken, " a wooden sword is placed gently on the ground " was in fact tampered by this....." He pauses again "Your dismay was that only you could see this, and had to wait untill you could review, Based on your evidence, the young boy should have another chance to prove himself, and Admonish all the rest of the contestants for not being wise enough to speak up."

"As such the boy should be given a chance to redeem himself, have him compete against one of your Clan, as it was the Ikoma Eichico's words that allowed you to remember about this obscure resin, but give the honor to the other Ikoma.......... I think his name is Nijiro? I dont know, I dont really remember his name....... but the Shadow can ensure the Hitoshi will be allowed against Nijiro to show his true skill, no matter what....."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:42 am

EIko ponders the thought for some time before he shakes his head and pushes the vial back toward Nijiro.

"No, for better or worse, what has happened today must stand, or that which is held over me will come to light, and it is not something than can be fixed, even with the talents you and others in our Clan possess."

A sigh.

"Hitoshi must use these next to days to overcome the penalty I have imposed on him."

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:52 am

The flame flickers with a sharp intake of breath.....

"Understood, mighty General sama. Please send the letter to the Shadow, and it will be sent to.....neutralize the threat, permanently... The items are collected and put back in the bag."

As the flame is put out a whisper is spoken Should you, or any kin, need the services of the shadow, speak of your time publicly as Taisa of First Legion, second company, we will hear, we will meet you.

"Honor to you, son of Honor itself."

"Oh, one more thing, the kin contesting could use a word of encouragement, some have already questioned their honor, a simple word from one as respected as yourself would provide them honor and stories for days."

He waits at the door for a few moments, making sure he looks again like the servant and that the guards are not around, before opening the door to leave.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:58 am

Eiko nods and sits on his futon in contemplation of the event that just occurred.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:00 am

((Ok, to leave the estate: You are going to need to do the following:

-Investigate Perception to spot the patrolling guard and avoid him
-Stealth Agility roll to not set off the nightingale floor as you depart the second story
-Sincerity / Awareness roll to the guard at the servant entrance

TN is 20 for each, failure will halt the thread to expand. If succeed on all, you get out without trouble))

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:08 am

As he leaves, Nijiro watches for the roaming guard, wondering what was so magical about the night sky that night...

Day 4 EN per/ investigation to get out: 7d10ro1o10k4 27

spotting him, we awaits for the best moment, taking the same path he took to get into the room, but in reverse

Day 4 EN stealth agl/stealth to avoid nightingale floor tn 20: 9d10o10k4 29

as he moves back through the servant halls, he makes sure he looks as overwhelmed as necessary so guards will not notice him, remembering every aspect of his previous story

Day 4 Sin/Awareness to convince the guard to let him out tn 20: 9d10o10k4 28

As the guard waves him on, he leaves, and changes in the shadows, becoming just a bland, unnoticed contestant once more....

/scene

Return to “Kakita Estate”