(Day 4, LE) Bar Fight! ((Content Warning: Death, Ritual Suicide))

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (Day 4, LE) Bar Fight!

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:18 am

"What do you even expected me to think?" He fans himself some, as much for posture as by the heat that ran across his cheeks.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:23 am

"I was talking about marriage!" he said, a little quieter, still scandalized.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:27 am

"Oh, I thought the rule of the 23 only counted after 23."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:31 am

"What is the Rule of 23????" Kenji asked confused.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:32 am

"It's a Crab thing. If you don't marry before 23 they give you to the nakodo."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:39 am

"Wait, then how do you get married then?! Here, the Nakodo is a companion once you're old enough to be sent to the dojo."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:44 am

"You get to choose. It's to incentive people to marry inside the Clan, I noticed. Outside you need to negotiate, via letters because you don't have enough free time to really get far from the Wall. But maybe it is because at some time there were so many hohei dying that arranging matches was too timetaking for the effort. Or it could also be for a lighter reason. Osano-Wo-sama is Hida-shiryo's child, but not his wife's."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:56 am

"That's,... that's, nice and all, but what i was saying is that,... well,... well, where was i?" Kenji's head was still red and he got muddled up talking.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:07 am

"But I have a nakodo as normal because of a complicated story. Like, you already know my father is Shiba." He attempted to move subject so they could unred their faces.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:09 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:59 am
The ronin are able to get to the door when suddenly a giant boulder from outside comes flying at them! ((Please roll damage))
(Sorry about the delay! Was working here. Rolling now - and ouch, not so high)

Day 4 LE - Bar Fight! - Earth becomes Sky damage on Ronin going for the door. Earth k Earth: 4d10o10k4 23
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:07 am
"But I have a nakodo as normal because of a complicated story. Like, you already know my father is Shiba." He attempted to move subject so they could unred their faces.
Kenji cleared his throat: "Well that's true. Anyway, as my friend, I just wanted to inform you that an engagement between me and Kazuko is most likely imminent." He cleared his throat again and took out his fan to blow himself some air.

He was just about to move on to his next sentence when he heard the crash: "What the...?!"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:20 am

The boulder smashes through the rice paper door and smacks puts the ronin on his butt.

The inn owner gasps and puts a hand on his temples, rubbing it and closing his eyes hard, an expression of pain on his face.

The four Ronin turn to face the oncoming Phoenix and Unicorn, their blades shakes, and the only exit now blocked by a boulder.

((those who are pursuing may make an action as if in a combat, you are engaged range wise))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:35 am

"I believe before you said Sugai would be angry. If you tell us what that is about, we might be able to help. I'm sure that you normally wouldn't go after a bunch of kids."

D4 LE: Courtier/Awareness try to convince Ronin to stop fighting and put down their weapons +2 Glory bonus: 6d10o10k4+2 21
Luck it: D4 LE: Courtier/Awareness try to convince Ronin to stop fighting and put down their weapons +2 Glory bonus: 6d10o10k4+2 41
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 am

All of the ronin look at each other and at Haruki, his words hitting home to them all.

LE Resist Courtier, Void for skill: 4#3d10o10k2 9 18 16 15

However...

Willpower: 4#3d10o10k3 18 13 22 15

All four of them grimace and one of them speaks up, their voice shaky.

"You speak the truth, Isawa-san, but now that we are caught, there is no other course for us to take."

The ronin all sit down in seiza, placing their katana repesctfully on the side of them, drawing their wakizashi.

"May our deaths prove our loyalty."

And with that, they all slice open their bellies.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:47 am

(What skill is it to figure out if there is any logical explanation for this other than hiding the truth from the authorities?)

"Don't heal the downed ronin until the authorities come and secure them properly, we can't let them get away without answering some questions."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:53 am

((This is a pretty cut and dry example of someone upholding the tenant of Loyalty. No question about it. They will die rather than give up their lord. Nothing about hiding from authorities))

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:05 am

He leaves the shoji with Kenji, face blushed red, to see the ronin dead on the floor, blades crossing them.
He looks for the innkeeper again, this time approaching him.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:08 am

((The 4 ronin are still alive, just gutted and bleeding out slowly, and in great pain. No second means this was a superbly messy and painful process))

The sake house is begining to fill with the stench of death, blood, and bile. The Sake house owner looks at the approaching Kaiu with wide eyes, stunned.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:09 am

Kokyou eyes widen in surprise as someone summoned a damn boulder to lock the escaping warriors. He stays silent to politely ignore such dishonor to the samurai trying to live to serve another day. Someone more pious, though, could have taught them a lesson. Instead, he tells the innkeeper, "I apologize on behalf o' th' crew, sakehouse-san. Please do send me th' expenses fer this door. Ye know who I be. Also, I'll make sure I come here tomorrow t' deal wit' th' damage meself. Now, t' more urgent matters, , get water 'n bandages fer these scallywags 'n help us out. They fought bravely."

He points to the ones that have been felled. The ones that gutted themselves, he readies a katana to behead one.

--
OOC: should I roll?
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:17 am

He extends his hand, making a gesture towards himself. "Please come with me upstairs. Were there customers when everything started? Did you see where they hid?" He asks, now trying to make a comforting voice. Which was something bizarre, because of all voice skills, 'comforting' isn't one Wall battlemasters receive. "It was unfortunate everyone here had to see all of this. This may be over here, or may not, but you don't need to watch what will happen from now."
He nods gently.
"Please come with me upstairs. You will be safe. When the eta clean all this mess tomorrow, I will get this place repaired."

Return to “Poisoned Water Sake House”