(D3 EE) Good bye to Lady Sun

Yasuki Ginkarasu

(D3 EE) Good bye to Lady Sun

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:29 pm

Ginkarasu found a good spot to sit and watch the sunset.

How often would he get to do that at a Temple to Amaterasu?

It was a nice, quiet moment.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Mirai

Re: (D3 EE) Good bye to Lady Sun

Post by Mirai » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:58 am

"So this is where we meet next." Mirai kept her voice quiet as she approached from behind Ginkarasu, so as not to block his view more than anything.
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:54 am

Ginkarasu turns a little. "Who..." A blink.

A second blink, "Mirai-san!" His smile widens! "You're here! How as Otosan Uchi? You're well I hope?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 am

The girl gave a small shrug, but a faint wisp of a smile as she straightened from a bow, waling up beside Ginkarasu to look out at the setting sun. "The city was good, though a lot busier than I'm used to. Even the hub villages were oh so busy. Still... I suppose I've been well. It's all a lot to take in, being here and participating."

She paused, glancing to the side. "I saw a few of your competitions. You've done well for yourself, hai?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:46 pm

Ginkarasu remembers to bow as well, hopefully she wouldn't mind his distraction "Thank you! That Matsu is going to be really touch to catch up to, but that's just if I want to be the best, which is really a lot to try and be when you think of it. I can't believe that I'd missed your competing! Aiichiro-sama had mentioned there was a ronin participating here and there was the shopping trip, but he didn't say it was you!"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:40 am

She gave a small nod. "We only exchanged names once, at the welcome ceremony. I am certain Kaiu-sama has had much on his mind. I have done well enough, though I do not seek to be the best, merely to prove myself."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:52 am

A small nod. "Hai, that seems the most frequent thing. It is tough to imagine oneself the best among so many talented people."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:56 am

Mirai shook her head softly. "It is not so much that, though I admit, I have little self confidence in believing myself so. It is, instead, that I do not wish to rock the boat, as they say. Even supposing I were to win the tournament somehow, the praise and offers of fealty would no doubt come with many grudges and ill will as well. There are more than a few samurai of the clans that I have met over the years travelling that would be quite unhappy having a ronin show up proper samurai."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:09 am

He shakes his head. "Yeah. But they're already enemies if they can't handle that. Though I suppose, enemies that don't see a necessity to act, are better then those who have one."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:14 am

"It would give them a reason," she said softly. "And without a lord, I would have little recourse. No, far better to do just well enough to prove myself and make due with what that gets me Yasuki-sama

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:17 am

He nods briefly. "Hopefully it can get you friends or allies. It makes difficulties easier, knowing there are people in your corner."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:35 am

"Perhaps. I don't wish to assume friendship with anyone, but I'll gladly accept them. I am a bit... cynical I suppose, about believing in others."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 am

He nods. "Hai. Suppose there's reason to."

He sighs, looking out at the sunset. "Its others all the way round the Celestial Wheel though."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Mirai looked over a bit puzzled. "How do you mean?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:59 pm

"I've been beat up a lot, so maybe I understand a little about not trusting people. My grandmother, before she left Nigen-do, told me that hating everyone else or refusing to trust anyone, would only leave me alone and burden my soul with doubts and regrets. It's well and good," he pauses smiling briefly at the memory, "she used to say, it's well and good to give others standards they have to pass before you trust them. But it's others all the way round the Celestial Wheel. Eventually you gotta deal with them."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:03 am

She let out a soft chuckle at that. "It's hardly as if I have a choice. I have to deal with others to survive. Mistrust can make it so that I don't get close to them, sure, but I don't think it's because of high standards. For a ronin, it can be a matter of life or death."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:14 am

A nod as he sighs, hopefully understanding. "Well. If you find no other avenue after this, I can probably try and look for work guarding merchants on their rounds. My family would likely want to interview you and such, but if you've served on the Sea like Aiichiro-sama said...I can't imagine they'd say no."

He looks over. "That being said, you'll likely find better, so I'll totally understand if you say no."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:46 am

She smiled faintly again. "I'd never say no to a generous offer like that Yasuki-sama... I just can't say yes until I know where this tournament takes me."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:08 pm

A nod. "Hai, of course."

He looks back to the sunset. "You keep finding me when I'm thinking about things. Wonder if it means something."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Mirai looked thoughtful a moment. "...That I have horribly poor timing?"

Return to “Temple to Amaterasu”