(Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Vutall

Re: (Day 3, EA) Mandatory Event: Horseback Riding

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:25 am

As if on cue, there is a terrible sound from onlookers gasping in horror. Mirumoto Hinata's horse is whinnying in anger and stomping on the poor woman as she lay face down in the dirt, hands covering her head.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:28 am

Doesn't care much for what is happening with the Ronin girl. He looked at his furry companion and wonders why the Scorpion clan has such superstition. She is the perfect scapegoat.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:33 am

Ginkarasu hears an angry horse and reflexively looks up, then seeing that yesterday's sumai friend is getting trampled by her horse.

/exit
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:35 am

Bayushi Jiro, having had some training in medicine, rushes out onto the field.

/exit.
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:40 am

Mirai wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:22 am
"Sugar is always appreciated, as well as carrots," she said with a nod. "You are not a horse rider then? I hope they have taken precautions. I've heard tales of plenty of stories of riders falling off their horses and getting injured or worse."
"I have no---" He turned and watched the horrible scene unfolding. But, only for a moment. "Was it sugar you gave her then or carrots?"
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:52 am

When he sees the scene unfolding, Prash's happy face suddenly turns somber, and he runs off with the others to see how he might help the Dragon girl.

/Exit
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:30 am

"Oh, I gave all the horses sugar," she said with a bashful look. "It's been too long since I've been at such a sizable stable, and I can't help myself."

Mirai shifted around a bit.
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:57 pm

He watched her fidget and sighed. "What was it really?"

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:16 am
Nobuko approached Ichiro after her match, excited by the fact that she did so well. She lost, of course. Her own opponent being a Unicorn born to the saddle. But she had not missed a single target, nor had she fallen from her horse, and had otherwise come very close to matching Utaku Himeko.

She stood before him, quiet, waiting for his words and excited for what he thought of all the work she had put in during the last year.
He gave her a full smile and moved to embrace her but stopped thinking that might be a touch too much for her in such a public venue and merely placing a hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze "You rode well! I see you continued the lessons we started at Hirosoka." he said letting his hand fall from her shoulder.

"I am proud to see the progress you have made. Didn't even need my help getting into the saddle." he said with a wink and a chuckle.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:31 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:21 pm
He gave her a full smile and moved to embrace her but stopped thinking that might be a touch too much for her in such a public venue and merely placing a hand on her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze "You rode well! I see you continued the lessons we started at Hirosoka." he said letting his hand fall from her shoulder.

"I am proud to see the progress you have made. Didn't even need my help getting into the saddle." he said with a wink and a chuckle.
"No, but I would accept it," she murmured, blushing at the hand on her shoulder. He was a Unicorn. He could be forgiven the affection where as she could not if she were to reciprocate so publicly. Not yet. After they were married, however... she looked forward to being able to step into the comfort of his arms.

"And... do you remember that surprise I spoke of?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:31 pm
"No, but I would accept it," she murmured, blushing at the hand on her shoulder. He was a Unicorn. He could be forgiven the affection where as she could not if she were to reciprocate so publicly. Not yet. After they were married, however... she looked forward to being able to step into the comfort of his arms.

"And... do you remember that surprise I spoke of?"
Ichiro nodded "Indeed I do."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:31 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:17 pm
Ichiro nodded "Indeed I do."
She stepped backwards, out from under his hand, and turned sideways, "Please, follow me."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Ichiro saw no reason not to, he followed the imperial.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Ichiro saw no reason not to, he followed the imperial.
She led them off just as a shout went out on the field about one of the competitors, but was not paying enough attention to notice that the shouting was that of concern for someone who had fallen rather than excitement from the crowd (Sorry Mirumoto-san, distracted by boyfriend).

Within short order it was clear she was leading them to the stables and, importantly, the part of the stables where personal mounts were kept. Once there, she stopped in front of a stall where a Unicorn riding steed stood looking out expectantly. Nobuko laid her hand on it's nose and pet it kindly, "Before the winter, your family offered several horses from their stock to my family as a betrothal gift to - according to my father - quicken the signing. I was allowed to pick one for myself. This is Seifuu. And since you have certainly performed well enough to pass to the final tournaments, there is no doubt that my father's hand will finally sign the contract within hours of his arrival to see me take my adult name... if he has not done so already and is just waiting to announce it. He was most impressed with the horses."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:06 am

Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:57 pm
He watched her fidget and sighed. "What was it really?"
She hung her head. "....iie. I... cannot afford enough auger to feed them all. I am certain it must be a trivial act for a member of the clans, but all I could afford was some cabbage."

A different tact then. It was if fact cabbage, but most wouldn't know the vegetable usually caused upset stomach in horses. (( I assume medicine. ))

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:56 am

"Why would that bother you so much to lie about it?" It seemed odd.

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:48 am

Mirai shook her head, giving a sigh. "Have you seen all this? Kitsuki-sama, I have spent my life living in temples and staying with peasants when nothing else was available. I ate only what I could earn with work, no matter who it was for. The clothes I have, the room I'm staying in, even the invitation I had to this tournament, were all provided to me. Every single person I have met here, the first thing they have said is how amazing it is that I am here, compliment me on my obvious talents, ask me what magnificent things I've done. If they were to see me normally, I would be in ragged robes, sleeping on a temple floor."

She paused. "...Even the cabbage was given to me with zeni I got from my patrons funds. Perhaps it all seems strange to you Kitsuki-sama, but I have had to live with this stigma my whole life. Perhaps if you had too, you would feel the same." She finally looked up to Asahi with damp eyes, but a firm On otherwise, jaw tense. She seemed quite sincere in her shame.

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:21 am

"I am a Dragon, Mirai-San. I won't pretend I've experienced all the hardships you have, but they are not entirely foreign to me." He offered a warm smile. "I apologize for pressing the matter. I was simply concerned for the horse. I feel bad enough for it that I will be its rider."

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:40 am

Mirai gave a deep bow. "No, I should apologize, for my emotion. Most of the time it is an easy thing to forget, but seeing all of you enjoying this honor has had me wishing I could give a bit more of myself as well. I will be cheering for you and your horse Kitsuki-sama."

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:33 am

"Cheer for the horse." he chuckled. "I will just be there for the ride."

Return to “Horseback Riding Matches”