A Present? For Me? (D3 EE)

Individual Rooms for Guests
Kuni Yotsuo

Re: A Present? For Me? (D3 EE)

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:43 pm

"We can use a sheet from in here. It won't hurt to burn something that we were going to perform a purification ritual on anyway. And an inn should have a good number of spares. I suspect anything in here that didn't touch the contents directly is no more dangerous than the floor we stand on or the air we breath. In need of purification, but not dangerous in and of itself."

At the orders to share lodging with Mai, he nods. "I will be glad to. And for the remainder of our stay too. No offense intended to her clan mates or the Crane, but I feel like with our previous experience in group lodging and my understanding of what is likely threatening her, it is likely more comfortable and safer than other options."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:11 pm

"It would do her good to get away from her clansmen as well. You are an excellent role model, Kuni-san."

Toshimoko's words have a bite to them.

"Come then, Kuni-san, we have much to do and should not delay."
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:25 pm

He didn't necessarily agree with the assessment that she needed to be away from her clansmen. She'd likely be living among Mantis for most of her life so being indoctrinated to their ways was better than learning to be like an outsider. But he did appreciate the compliment of being considered a good role model. None of that showed though, since there was a more important issue at hand.

He nods to the two adults and then collects a blanket to wrap around the chest and the letter. After putting the layer over the chest, he takes it up so that it can be removed from the Inn and city. He is careful and takes his time when he drapes the makeshift bag over his shoulder, making it look like a relatively innocuous package. This had the advantage of making it look like a young Crab was simply carrying something for a superior, so it wouldn't really be something most people would care about.

He follows Goharu so they can take care of the tainted object.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:07 am

Mai tries not show any emotion at sharing a room with Yotsuo or the remark about her Clan. One made her happy. One less so.

She simply responds with, "Of course, Kakita-sama."
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:07 am

Toshimoko remains in the room with Mai for a moment, looking over her curiously, but not speaking.

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:19 am

Mai tried not to be unnerved by this. But with his fame, status, and attitude towards her Clan, it was a bit hard. Not to mention the current situation. But still, Mai did her best to maintain her on.

"Is there anything I can help you with Kakita-sama?"

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:52 pm

"What can you tell me about one of your clan members, Hitoshi?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:08 pm

"I don't really know much about him. I just met him yesterday. I have heard rumors about him if you would like to hear, though I can not speak of the truth of them nor suggest whether they are true or false."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:11 pm

"Please, enlighten me."

His voice sounds cold.

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:41 pm

Mai did her best not to let worry slip through. "Well, most seem to suggest that he is being treated unfavorably by the judges and that he had earned more points than he got in the heraldry test."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:42 pm

"I see. Anything else?"

Toshimoku's expression turns a little contemplative at the news.

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:54 pm

"Well, there is a rumor about a Mantis student who had a room canceled, though the version I heard didn't use Hitoshi's name. Though since it wasn't Kokyou or myself, I assume it was about Hitoshi."

And then Mai was as brave as she was willing to be. "If I may ask, why does anyone care about Hitoshi? Kokyou is the some of Yoritomo. I'm a distant cousin of Yoritomo and the highest ranking student of the Ruby Champion's dojo. Why would anyone care about someone like Hitoshi? He is, at least to others, just a no one from a Minor Clan who got lucky to be invited to the Topaz Championship."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:59 pm

"That is something I would like to know as well, Mantis-san. I thought perhaps it was simply because he is a Mantis, though now that I can see the other Mantis are not experiencing the same treatment, it leaves me curious. If you find anything else out, you will come to me with it, no?"

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:12 pm

Mai debates telling him. Could he be manipulating her? He is a Crane after all. They were like Scorpions, but with prettiness instead of masks to hide their intentions.

At the very least, his reaction may tell her something. "Well, there is one thing. I don't know what IF it is anything. I had a dream on the first night here. Doji Satsume wanted me help him achieve his gempukku." After a moment, "Well, what I imagine Doji Satsume to look like, I guess. I remember being suspicious of some sort of trick, though if my Clanmate needs help, I'm willing to give it to him as long as it is within the bounds of honor. So, I don't mind it." Mai gives a nervous shrug. "I don't know if it means anything or just me worrying about the third Mantis being able to make it." Mai did worry about Kokyou or herself making gempukku.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:15 pm

"You had Doji Satsume speak to you?"

Toshimoko motions for Mai to sit and then he sits as well, some form of emotion...possibly grief? is in his eyes.

"Tell me more. Everything you can remember, Mantis-san"

((Please include a Sincerity (Honesty) / Awareness roll))

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 pm

Mai's nervousness finally slips through which does not help her case.

"I got up, at least dreamt of waking up and appearing at a tea ceremony with Kokyou, Zashi, and Sasaiko." She describes the man before saying he asked who will serve the tea.

"I tried to figure out if it was some trick by a spirit realm or something else. She indicats with a hand where her "gift" had been. "It felt real, but none of my knowledge suggested either of those could be responsible. He then chose Zashi to perform the ceremony. Zashi did OK. He liked it. He said he always like the House of the Red Lotus blends."

Mai took a breath. "Then he said he had a request. The others had asked how they could help while I was suspicious. I swore I had just gotten up. And then I was in a room with there others." Mai shakes her head. "Well, that's when he told us he the Emerald Champion, Doji Satsume. He wanted us to make sure Hitoshi underwent his gempukku. The others agreed. I remained silent. He then said he would trust our honesty and disappeared. We were in Sasaiko's room with and made dinner plans for the next night."

Mai frowned. She went to the dinner. She didn't remember getting up again. Could it have been a sort of trick? The Emerald Champion's spirit giving a damn about a Mantis kid? Or maybe something darker?

Sincerity (Honesty)/Awareness: 4d10o10k3 7

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:50 pm

Toshimoko sits for a time in silence contemplating on the words.

"I would suggest you seek out a priest at the temple and discuss this dream. Thank you for your time."

He stands and goes to leave the room stopping only briefly to say

"I would not spread word of this dream to others, Mantis-san."

He then exits.

Return to “Private Rooms”