(D2, EE) Rekishi Monogatari

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: (D2, EE) Rekishi Monogatari

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:13 am

"Oh. That should be either the kind of book she reads or denki monogatari. I don't think she would be interested on the later. Let's go to the pillow book one and if I don't like anything there, we return back there? Also, why would the Kakita sell what they do?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:25 am

"There's a whole school of artisans in town. Could be they're actually made there," he waves at the vendor as they leave, "Could be that people say they're Kakita artisans as their pen name in order to get the artisans to buy copies. Could be both!"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:43 am

"Truth always lies somewhere inbetween." He notices Ginkarasu waving. If he really thought a single merchant was relevant or it was some strategy he did not know, but waved together. For some reason he felt a little happier just from waving.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:48 am

After they're a little bit away..."There we go! You're getting better at this. It's always good to be friendly when you can with merchants. They're doing their duties to their lords, just from a different spot on the wheel. But they talk a lot, and I've seen what happens when someone becomes known as a brute of a customer. They end up costing their lord more and more, as the merchants make sure to avoid them as much as they can. They can't serve their patrons if a samurai cuts them down, after all."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:03 am

"I can see the logic. Peasants get frightened easily all I have seen. Rude samurai should set them in fear, and being around someone you are afraid of is really uncomfortable. All the haggling thing seems to be somewhat linked to emotion. Like how you were impressing him with my toy to get more wood out of that seller." He says.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 am

A nod, "Sometimes! Sometimes it's just about the numbers. Big deals are normally like that. But then, courtiers can make deals that are based on promises and hopes, which get much more confusing."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:53 am

"Numbers are easy to deal with than promises and insinuations. I'm glad I'm an engineer!" He says, approaching the pillow book store and nodding with his head to the shopkeeper.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:19 am

Ginkarasu smiles a bit and gets some direction to the thinner parts of the pillow book collection here, historical based. Historical romance however was plentiful.

He nods towards Aiichiro for him to look, while he chats with the merchant.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:26 am

He nods at Ginkarasu, taking the books out of a pile to see. They had no prices at them. Where would those be? Maybe in a masterlist the merchant had. This made the choice somewhat more obscure, so he took three books that seemed nicer than the others apart. He didn't knew any of them, though.

(OOC: To avoid time paradoxes, eventually they will end up with a Crab book named The Kobune of Fumoki)

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 am

Ginkarasu manages to get the merchant to agree to 1 bu for the book, paying.

"A ship story! That sounds like it makes sense with your history!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:46 am

"I also think so. It was really hard to find a pillow book that wasn't romantic. Crane like those, apparently. I can see why, but it would be an awful gift in the conditions I'm in. Implies things."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:26 pm

A grunt and a nod.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:29 pm

He takes the book and walks away from the shop.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:41 pm

"I'm thinking I should bribe the horse with apples tomorrow."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:44 pm

"I think striking it with a whip is more effective."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:47 pm

"Yeah? I don't know. People will work hard to not be hurt, but do they work harder if they get something nice?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:56 pm

"Well, yes, but we are talking about horses. This one would need to be taught first that working harder means more threats."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:54 am

"Gotcha. Well, let's see how we both do, and then we'll get an idea which way is best, yeah?" He replies good naturedly.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:12 am

"Oh, but I will want to pull out all the fancy tricks instead of just plain out riding."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:32 am

He nods a bit. "That's fair, I expect I'll need to do a lot to overcome whomever I'm paired against tomorrow."

Return to “Little Khanbulak”