(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Ikoma Eichiro

Re: (Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:12 pm

"My thanks, sama." Eichiro sets Nijiro down on his own two feet. "What would be an appropriate offering to thank the Water kami for their assistance? I would not wish to be remiss in showing them my graditude as well."

There is no joviality in his voice or expression, there are debts to settle both with the supernatural and the mundane.
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 pm

"A coin, seashell, bit of seaweed, or a cup of sake would do, Ikoma-san"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:44 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:15 pm
He looks to the Scorpion boy he had not met before. Instead of getting irked or suspicious, he felt oddly relieved by how he spoke. Reminded him of his nakodo somehow. He nods, turning his head down some. "What happened last night?"
Kaidan pressed his hand on his chin as if thinking recalling events of the previous night. "We stop a child that took a piece of bread because he was hungry. Kakita san decided to take him to the authorities. The boy was willing to pay but authorities said thievery is a crime." He frowned. "Perhaps you may not see it as a failure of Compassion but a prowess of Honor and law." Kaidan sighed. "But the fortunes see things in different ways."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:49 pm

"The Fortunes would never support crime. I'm pretty sure of this." He frowns. "He should bake his own bread instead of stealing from his betters. The Crane have all those rice fields anyway. I find it pretty unlikely they don't have enough food to give their heimin. Who are you to try to speak in behalf of the Fortunes?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:58 pm

"No one. I am no one." He said plainly. "Sadly... but I think Inari no Kami would frown upon letting people go hungry." He whispered. "Who is no one to know." He shook his head.
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:11 am

"But why would a lord make his servants hungry on purpose? This makes no sense." He replies, but wonders if the boy is a kitsune.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:24 am

"Why would a governor put children in danger?" He made a rhetorical question. "Maybe should ask the sister of the man who life has been changed by the actions of Kakita san."

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:38 am

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm
Nobuko found him after his match, grinning a little like a fool as she preened, "You did so well, Ichiro-kun! None can doubt your prowess as a warrior of great skill, to be in awe and fear of!"
Ichiro nodded "Not skillful enough it would seem." His voice was frustrated but he took a deep breath and gave Nobuko a smile "but thank you Nobu-chan."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:43 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 pm
Roused with the words, he notices his brother and his cousin. “My thanks, brothers, for the assistance.”

Turning to the Kitsu he says “Cousin, we must talk sometime”
Lion Clan * Courtier maybe something else?* Bland
Honor: Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 104

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:24 am
"Why would a governor put children in danger?" He made a rhetorical question. "Maybe should ask the sister of the man who life has been changed by the actions of Kakita san."
"Still, any crime who harms your betters directly is direct blasphemy. There were many alternatives to robbing. Just as the sensei started doing nightwatch shifts after the invasion, he could have solved the problem with what he had in hand. Like baking his own bread."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:46 am

Ikoma Nijiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:43 am

Turning to the Kitsu he says “Cousin, we must talk sometime”

"Certainly, Ikoma-san. Are you still feeling injured? I have a talent for the Water Kami as well."

Ikoma Nijiro

Post by Ikoma Nijiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:54 am

He nods , “just a scratch or two, sama, but it would help for the next event. “
Lion Clan * Courtier maybe something else?* Bland
Honor: Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 104

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:00 am

The boy nods and calls to the spirits as well, letting more water flow into Nijiro.

D2 Sumai Path to Inner Peace, Water 3, IR1, Affinity: 5d10o10k3 47

Nijiro heals for 37

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:12 am

Vutall wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:33 pm
"It shall be done." He bows very formally to the healer, then retrieves a scrap of cloth to wipe the blood from his neck. He then wraps that in another piece of cloth, all while eyeing Toritaka Sasaiko. The copper flashes in his eye before he looks away and places both pieces of cloth in an appropriate receptacle.

"Two offerings of sake then, brother," he says, turning back to Tsubasa and Nijiro. "One from me and one from you, for the blessings of the kami."
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:34 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 am
"Still, any crime who harms your betters directly is direct blasphemy. There were many alternatives to robbing. Just as the sensei started doing nightwatch shifts after the invasion, he could have solved the problem with what he had in hand. Like baking his own bread."
"When one is a child, one lack the skill to bake unless taught by an elder. One is judging when one doesn't know the story behind the child." He tilted your head. "One should offer to teach rather than judge when children are to be involved."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:46 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:34 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:45 am
"When one is a child, one lack the skill to bake unless taught by an elder. One is judging when one doesn't know the story behind the child." He tilted your head. "One should offer to teach rather than judge when children are to be involved."
"Some things cross the line. It is not lack of a practical skill or poor behavior. It is literally a crime against the heavens. The magistrates can decide if they will punish the thief or not, as they are the symbols of law. Kenji-kun did what he was supposed to, handing the thief over to them."

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:56 am

"When is it a crime against the heavens when one is not part of the celestial order, when one is no one?" He wondered. "Then again the fortunes frowned on him on this day. As I said Crab sama, Kharma." Then he whispered. "Is it worth it?... Showing concern for a possible..." This is why I should not have friends. "never mind... I hope your question was answered. That is what you were searching for the why behind the injury." He whispered again.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:03 am

"It is just worse if they are an eta." He replies, whispering back. No reason in special, just felt more appropriate. "But perhaps you are attributing to the Fortunes what is men's." He replies. "Fortunes don't overlook every test of skill, even then. Only special ones and duels, as far I know."

(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai - Lore: Bushido/AWA TN 30: 4d10o10k3 16
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:43 am

Kaidan just bowed to the Kaiu. "If you excuse me Crab sama..."He took a step back and gave a bow. "I guess I overstepped." He took another step back.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:57 am

He nods, talking back into normal volume. "Wouldn't be able to hear your whispers if you did not do so."
(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai - Lore: Spirits/Intelligence TN 20 (Sage): 6d10o10k5 34
He remembers popular knowledge on how to identify kitsunes and peeks on the floor to see if Kaidan does not have a tail under his hakama.

Return to “Sumai Matches”