[D1, EA, Open] Offering

Kakita Kenji

[D1, EA, Open] Offering

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:24 pm

Kenji went to the shrine of the Fortunes to make an offering to each of them and pray for their blessings in the Topaz Championship.

He was dressed in a simple kimono and sat in a seiza, praying in front of a shrine of Bishamon the Last Fortune whom he wanted to honor and to whom he presented the Greatest Offering. Since his time in Hirosaka, Kenji felt he had a special connection with the Fortune of Strength.

(-6 Zeni for the 6 other Fortunes, -3 Zeni for Bishamon, -1 Zeni for the lesser Fortunes)
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Kaidan

Re: [D1, EA, Open] Offering

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:06 pm

As he wanders in to the shrines, Kaidan places small pieces of paper on each one. He notes Kenji but doesn't interrupt his prayers, as he has prayers of his own.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:49 pm

Kai felt compelled to go to the shrine that afternoon. It was, after all, her natural habitat. The differences in clan aesthetics and priorities did put her off; imbalancing an already imbalanced sense inward sense, Kai went from shrine to shrine to offer prayers to the various kami, but also to find the immutable touchpoints and similarities to navigate by.

When bobbing about in a spiritual sea, it was a necessity to find the stars and lighthouses to guide by.
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd
Honor: What Is Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 2.6 | Topaz Points: 34
Gear: Priests Robes, Sandals, Fan, Divination Tools, Yumi

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:49 pm

After he had finished his prayer Kenji quietly left the shrine, but he saw a familiar face, though, with a different hair color. Was that really Kaidan? He also noticed the miko. Even though he hadn't had much to do with it during his time in Hirosaka, he could remember it.

In front of the shrine Kenji waited, noticeably inconspicuous, for his former classmates to finish their prayers.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:58 pm

He had finished his prayers and moved towards Kenji. "Konichiwa Kakita san." He gave a proper bow. "It has been long. I hope Inari has blessed you this day."
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:08 am

Washed about by spiritual tides, Kai prayed eclectic prayers to the kami.

Eventually the currents brought her to where Kaidan and Kenji were. A bow, a greeting, a signal between vessels.

Never mind Kai had never seen a ship in her life.

"Good afternoon to you two."
Phoenix Clan • Miko (Monk) • Fortunate • Pacifist • For Something Greater • A Bit Odd

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:14 am

Kenji also said "Konichiwa Kaidan-san, my days have been good so far, how have yours been since our trip to the islands?

When Kai joined the two of them, he bowed briefly again and greeted them as well "Hello, uhh, Kaito-san? We didn't have too much to do in Hirosaka, but it's nice to see you again, I hope your trip went without further problems?

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:20 pm

"My...trip?" Kai asked, slowly and curiously. Her brow furrowed in thought. Perhaps the Kakita could sense her internal nautical analogues.

An exciting and unforeseen confluence.

"My trip continues, Kakita-san. For now, though, I am Kaito Kai. We have not introduced ourselves to one another before, I think."

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:26 pm

"It has been... Okay... I presume." Kaidan bowed to the Kaito. "Ah, Kaito Kai of the Isawa... I think I remember you."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:18 pm

"Forgive my manners, Kakita Kenji, an honor to meet you properly. All of our journey is going on steadily, but I meant did you arrive safely in Tsuma?" he said and smiled.

He turned to Kaidan again: "That's nice. I see you've dyed your hair, may I ask if you have ancestors with the crane?"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm

"My mother was a former Asahina." He sighed. "I was saying with my grandparents in Shinden Asahina." He shook his head.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:56 am

"oh, that's surprising, but explain your talent for acting," Kenji complimented. "How was your time in Crane Land? I hope it was not too strange to you"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:52 am

Kaidan blinked a few times. "Strange... I think the Kaito might want to go to the temples of the Rising Sun and see how spiritual that place is." He sighed. "Obahan had to place lots of wards to keep them away."

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 am

"Is it very...spiritual?" Kai asked, traipsing about the word used by Kaidan delicately. "If so, I could certainly bring the matter up with my family. My elders will decide to send a shrine keeper or not. There are not many of us."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:57 pm

"Ohh that's unfortunate to hear, but I'm no expert on the Matter of Spirits. But maybe a Shrine Keeper would be good to look after the Temple?"

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:10 pm

"We keep shrines, not temples." Kai replied rather flatly, in a patient tone. Was the distinction merely semantic? Perhaps not to the Kaito, but she wasn't trying to be sarcastic or anything.

Her phrasing wasn't harsh or condescending or malicious. She might as well have been pointing out to Kenji that the sky was blue.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:34 pm

"Forgive me, Kaito-san, of course there is a difference between temples and shrines, but don't all serve the spirits and gods," he asked rhetorically.

Kaito Kai

Post by Kaito Kai » Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:57 am

"No." Kai responded in the same tone. "If temples and shrines served the same purpose, there would be the point in keeping up two different structures."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:04 am

"..."

She seems to take things quite literally, Kenji thought.

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:14 am

Kaidan nodded. "True Kaito san. Each one have a purpose." Kaidan smiled. "But would you be so kind to instruct us in the difference."

Return to “Shrine to the Fortunes”