(D1, EM) Purification Makes Perfect

Kuni Yotsuo

Re: (D1, EM) Purification Makes Perfect

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:21 am

"There are undoubtedly plenty of wonders in each realm to keep one busy and impressed for more years than they have, but having the opportunity to compare the things you've seen across all of them provides a different type of excitement."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm

"You shall have to write a book about it so that the scholars might study it and the priests can become well educated in the way and means of each realm and the differences between. Some are already quite the experts of course, but having first hand accounts would surely help them. And if you ever write about Yumi-do, I would be interested in your words. The realm of dreams is the one we have the easiest chance to cross over to."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:53 am

"I'll definitely be cataloguing full reports on my visits to different realms, but it will be my family's decision on who will get to see those. But I may also write something a bit wider in scope with less specific detail for folks to read more for entertainment so anyone can get a peek into what the different realms are like from a mortal perspective."
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:40 am

"If so, then I would ask you send me a copy," she grinned. "I do not need the more scholarly articles. But the things that invoke fancies beyond ourselves and inspire art? Those I am eager to have should they ever come about. I would also be happy to act as archivist should you wish to dictate some words. My hand is steady and I can make them pretty after."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:11 am

"It will likely be a bit of time before I do. I'll likely just collect excerpts from my longer reports over time and when I have enough I'll rewrite it into something coherent," he says with a nod. "Are you a writer? Is that what you study here at the academy?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:30 am

"No. But I have some skill at calligraphy," she shook her head. "I study with the Swordsmiths and Artisans. Primarily in Origami and the Koto. I find peace in the arts, the harmony they bring. They are soothing to both the soul of the artisan, and souls of those who witness them."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:32 pm

"I've never really had much opportunity for artistic pursuits myself. I imagine that over time, however, I will become more skilled in my writing and storytelling as I share my exploits with others. I will certainly not compare to the skill of yourself or anyone else that studies here. Do you know if your skills as an artisan will be used to augment your service in courts or if you will be singularly devoted to your arts and travel the empire sharing them mostly outside of court settings as a performer?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:00 pm

"Likely neither. While I am certain to be able to provide the touch of culture needed for any gathering, my training has been in the noble pursuit of being able to comport myself as a wife. Whatever my spouse expects or asks of me, I should be able to provide in support of them and their household."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:21 pm

"I see. That certainly is an important role, ensuring the future of the empire by maintaining the household and the well being of one's family. I suppose, in all honesty, that it would be a role I could similarly fill for my spouse as well. Especially since using my gift doesn't actually require physical travel, which would allow me to attend to a household when I'm not doing so. Perhaps I'll end up doing the same?" he says with a nod and a smile. "Of course, I can't give birth, but raising children would be possible with a healthy amount of advice from those more experienced."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:44 pm

"If your role does not require much time away from home, and you are still able to do as your clan asks of you, then having a spouse with a more active role in other areas may be an agreeable arrangement." She didn't know all the politics involved, but it certainly sounded like a possibility. "However, if child-rearing eludes you enough, you can always have another do the raising. Not all samurai are made for such delicate matters. My father did not have a strong hand in the little parts of my upbringing. A very well-trained servant of the house did most of the disciplining and teaching me manners and the basics of walking and dressing. My father helped with the rest when he wasn't busy in the courts."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:53 am

"I'm not even an adult yet, technically, so I'm sure that knowing how to raise a child is not really expected to be part of my skill set at the moment," he says with a chuckle. "And I'm sure that first time parents tend to rely a good amount on the advice and expertise of their own parents. Otherwise nobody would know how to do it well. Much like anything, you can probably learn it on your own but it's easier to learn with a teacher."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:11 am

"All very true," she agreed warmly. "Until we are past this week and married ourselves, this is nothing more than speculation as to what may come. And speaking of that, I wish you the best of luck and the fortune's blessings on your success. Even if this is little more than a formality for most, it is still good to do well."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:17 am

"Indeed. I wish you good fortune in your endeavors as well. It should be a good experience for all, even those that do not earn the title of Topaz Champion," he says with a nod.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:19 am

/scene?

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:34 am

/scene

Return to “Temple to Amaterasu”