(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 am

Ginkarasu is confused about what's going on in some of the other matches.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:36 pm

Kenji, now bandaged and having felt the power of the kami several times, was in a presentable state again. He went down on his knees before his benefactors: "Thank you very much, for your help, Kitsu-san, Prashant-san, Healer-san".
Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 am
He stood up again and nodded to Kazuko, lightly, hardly noticeably, he stroked her hand briefly. It's good that she was there, but Kenji was still embarrassed. He had lost, infornt of her, and that in a rather hard way. Outwardly he was calm, but inside he was seething. Between anger and shame, he didn't know exactly what was upsetting him most. The fact that Hida-Sensei didn't lift a finger when someone was almost beaten to death during a Sumai match, or that he followed this old fool's instructions conscientiously, even though it cost him the victory, or that he lost so badly in front of everyone.

He had to calm down, but he couldn't do it.
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am
He was happy that Aiichiro cared about him, but thanks to the healers he was okay now.

Kenji made no attempt to isolate himself, he just stood there surrounded by people and didn't know exactly who to turn to first.

---
Fully Healed 0 Wounds!
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 pm

"Who did you fare against, Kenji-kun?" He asked in a seeming innocuous tone, one that had more hints of curiosity than anger. He was not going to confront anyone, of course not. Why would anyone think so.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Asako Saburo wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am
"Never underestimate a Lion in war, or in Jiujutsu. I believe the old Gunso would agree, don't you?" Deep down, he could understand the urge to strike hard and fast with the first blow. It could wind the opponent, weaken and soften them for the rest of the match. There were healers present, but the risk of what happened with Kenji was very real. Added to that... he had a somewhat traditional view of Sumai, and one clinch with the Kakita had told him that he wouldn't even begin to make a dent in the woman. Riku...

Honestly? He'd warn his kin about her tonight.

Riku was not to be trifled with.
Sasaiko finishes her match and finds a pair of Phoenix. Bowing, she waits to be included, as is proper.
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 am
Kazuko can barely force herself to watch Kenji's match, in a different way from Yasuki Jun's. She's disgusted with Qiang. What is wrong with him?! The small and innocent boy she once knew from Hirosaka is no longer, now simply another corrupted by the Lion's teachings. All Qiang had to do was simply force Kenji out of the ring! He didn't have to be so brutal! ....He'll pay for this. No longer paying attention to the proceeding matches, she excuses herself to join the growing crowd around him, exchanging her glower for a look of concern and sympathy instead

"Kenji-san! Are you-"

She nearly asked him if he was okay, only stopping herself at the last second. Clearly he wasn't - who would be after getting their head slammed into the ground? - but she doesn't know what else to say. She wrings her hands. She hasn't been this distressed since- No, take a deep breath, think. This is an official tournament, there must be a skilled healer here. Yes, that's right, she just has to find them. There will be no lasting damage.

"Excuse me, but can someone get Asako-sama please?"

Well, or she can get someone else to do it. She doesn't want to leave Kenji's side.
"My, you really do care about him. It doesn't matter what Kotomi says." Zashi nods, giving Kazuko a smile. "It's good to see him up and about."

Zashi doesn't seem that excited, though winning his match. He has a bit of a far away look in his eye
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:35 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:38 pm
"Who did you fare against, Kenji-kun?" He asked in a seeming innocuous tone, one that had more hints of curiosity than anger. He was not going to confront anyone, of course not. Why would anyone think so.
"Matsu-san," Kenji said dryly. "Following Hida-sensei's advice wasn't a good idea."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 pm

"Don't blame Hida-sensei for the pride of a Lion." He replies in a dry voice.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 pm

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 pm
"Forgive me, i just,.... need to collect myself,.... " he said rather frustraded.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 pm
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:51 pm
"Forgive me, i just,.... need to collect myself,.... " he said rather frustraded.
"I will talk to them about that." He says and looks around for the Matsu. "But I can't believe all Lions here are..." He notices the other people too around. "So true to their image."

Ikoma Eichiro

Post by Ikoma Eichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:13 am

Eichiro ignores the spectacle of attention around Kakita Kenji. The Crane had fought well and lost well, nothing more need be said or done.

He waved his fan absently, watching the matches as they proceeded.
Lion Clan * Courtier * Lucky * Sage * Paragon of Honesty
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points: Passing
Carries: Spices, Fan, Chopsticks, Sake Cup, Personal Chop, Small Hand Mirror
Wakizashi is in room, not an adult yet.

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:46 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm
"I will talk to them about that." He says and looks around for the Matsu. "But I can't believe all Lions here are..." He notices the other people too around. "So true to their image."
The Matsu was still nearby. Satisfied that Kenji was being taken care of, Qiang had retrieved his outer garment and put it back on, and looked as though he were preparing to leave.
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:01 am

Matsu Qiang wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:46 am
Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:12 pm
The Matsu was still nearby. Satisfied that Kenji was being taken care of, Qiang had retrieved his outer garment and put it back on, and looked as though he were preparing to leave.
Not so fast, little cub.
The Kaiu cut distance fast, almost dashing towards the Lion, and bowed respectfully, looking at his mon. "I assume you are Matsu-san?"

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:28 am

The Lion looked up. "Yes, I'm Matsu Qiang," he replied, with a precise bow to the Crab in return.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:34 am

"May I ask you why did you hurt Kakita Kenji-san so badly?" He questioned. "I feel there was no need to."

(Day 2, LM) Welcome Ceremony - Lore: Bushido/Awareness for Qiang, TN 30: 4d10o10k3 13

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:02 am

Qiang adopted a carefully neutral expression, then regarded the Crab more carefully.

"I don't see that it is your concern," the Lion said evenly. "But if you must know, I tried to hold back, once I realized how unprepared Kakita-san was for our match. Unfortunately, Kakita-san was skillful enough to realize this, and felt insulted. As a result, I had little choice but to bring our match to a decisive conclusion."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:16 am

"Excuse me then. It was of my knowledge that this event was one of sumo, and not that needless use of force was put over technique in the evaluations. Perhaps I listened the senseis wrong."
He stared the Lion.
"I would do what Akodo-san did. He didn't had the intention to hurt me even one time."
He looked away.
"I can't condemn you for continuing once he asked for you to do so, but I can raise doubts as why you had the intention of hurting your opponent in the first place."

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:37 am

"My intention was to win," the Matsu said simply. "It's unfortunate that Kakita-san was injured, but we made sure he got prompt medical attention, and he seems fine now." He tilted his head over in Kenji's direction.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:58 am

"Sure wanting to win did not imply on his actual state? But winning didn't involve trying to knock your opponent out. That goes against everything courtesy preaches." He says, looking to Kenji then turning his gaze back.

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:36 am

Matsu Qiang frowned at this.

"Perhaps the gentleman who has made it his business to lecture this one on courtesy would care to properly introduce himself?" the Lion inquired dryly.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:41 am

Matsu Qiang wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:36 am
Matsu Qiang frowned at this.

"Perhaps the gentleman who has made it his business to lecture this one on courtesy would care to properly introduce himself?" the Lion inquired dryly.
He ignores this and continues. "Seriously, just why? Do you think superiority is proved with strength? Even if the Crane and the Lion are not exactly friends, do you think you are doing your lord service this way?"

Return to “Sumai Matches”