(Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Bayushi Kaidan

Re: (Day 2, EA) Mandatory Event: Sumai

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:55 am

Kaidan shook his head. Kharma... I wonder what would happen if... He stood on the shadows watching.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Mirai

Post by Mirai » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:13 am

Ending her own match, Mirai moved to the side and took a towel to dry her brow. She watched the other matches as they continued on, her eyes seeming to go back to two matches in particular...
Ronin | Bushi | Duelist | Versatile | Odd
Carries: Daishi, Ashigaru Armor, Travelling Pack

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:23 am

He saw Kenji falling, but his match was next so he had no time to go out and help. After it ended, he came running to where he was.
"Kenji-kun, Kenji-kun! Is him well?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:38 am

Kenji didn't really take who was standing around him, but when he could feel the pain subside a little, he looked up. To his surprise, he saw a Mon of the Lion Clan. "Excuse me, first of all thank you very much, but who are you?" he looked a little confused, but he could stand up again and free the ring. Slowly, he set off with the others.

When he passed Hida-sensei and Prashant, his words shot through his head "Remember, In sumai, as in life, a steady stance creates a solid foundation for success".

Thanks for nothing, old man, Kenji thought as he walked along.

--
Currently at 37 Wounds
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Matsu Qiang

Post by Matsu Qiang » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:55 am

"There, he's good as new," Qiang commented in a neutral tone, as Kenji clambered to his feet and managed to walk away.

He turned to the Kitsu. "Thanks for your assistance, Kitsu-san," Qiang said, with a bit more warmth as he bowed to the shugenja. "I don't think we've met? I'm Matsu Qiang."
Lion Clan • Competitor • Crab Hands • Strong • Betrothed
Status 1.0 • Glory 5.3 • Exceptional Honor

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:10 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:38 am
Kenji didn't really take who was standing around him, but when he could feel the pain subside a little, he looked up. To his surprise, he saw a Mon of the Lion Clan. "Excuse me, first of all thank you very much, but who are you?" he looked a little confused, but he could stand up again and free the ring. Slowly, he set off with the others.

When he passed Hida-sensei and Prashant, his words shot through his head "Remember, In sumai, as in life, a steady stance creates a solid foundation for success".

Thanks for nothing, old man, Kenji thought as he walked along.

--
Currently at 37 Wounds
Seeing Kenji still very hurt, but up, Prashant breathes out a sigh of relief and slowly walks a bit closer to him, then approaches him respectfully.

"Kakita-san, it's not much, but might I offer you some more aid, physical or with the help of the spirits?"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:16 am

"I would like to accept your help, Prashinto-san," Kenji said. He was actually a little touched by how many people wanted to take care of him.

He looked over at Quiang. He would ask him for a talk sometime, not now, not today, but the coming days.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:17 am

After concluding his match with a solid victory after some good back and forth tussling, Dao retired to the shadows to recover before coming back to watch the remaining matches.

He hadn't seen what happened to Kenji, but the injuries were obvious. The boy had taken a beating. "I thought this was supposed to be friendly competition?" He mumbled questioningly.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:19 am

He was... bad. Nearing Kenji he was distracted enough not to identify others immediately. "Kenji-kun, are you alright? You should seek Asako-sensei. Perhaps she still heals the injuried students. I remember when I got hurt this badly Ginkarasu-san telling me that recovering from those wounds naturally was no good."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:35 am

"I know from experience, recovering from these sorts of injury take days, maybe even a week if they're bad enough. Asako-sensei is definitely saving some of her spells for injuries like this."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:47 am

Kazuko can barely force herself to watch Kenji's match, in a different way from Yasuki Jun's. She's disgusted with Qiang. What is wrong with him?! The small and innocent boy she once knew from Hirosaka is no longer, now simply another corrupted by the Lion's teachings. All Qiang had to do was simply force Kenji out of the ring! He didn't have to be so brutal! ....He'll pay for this. No longer paying attention to the proceeding matches, she excuses herself to join the growing crowd around him, exchanging her glower for a look of concern and sympathy instead

"Kenji-san! Are you-"

She nearly asked him if he was okay, only stopping herself at the last second. Clearly he wasn't - who would be after getting their head slammed into the ground? - but she doesn't know what else to say. She wrings her hands. She hasn't been this distressed since- No, take a deep breath, think. This is an official tournament, there must be a skilled healer here. Yes, that's right, she just has to find them. There will be no lasting damage.

"Excuse me, but can someone get Asako-sama please?"

Well, or she can get someone else to do it. She doesn't want to leave Kenji's side.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:41 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:16 am
"I would like to accept your help, Prashinto-san," Kenji said. He was actually a little touched by how many people wanted to take care of him.

He looked over at Quiang. He would ask him for a talk sometime, not now, not today, but the coming days.
The Iuchi nods, asks some of the organisers for some first aid equipment, then kneels down besides Kenji and asks for his permission to care for his wounds. He then starts wrapping him up a bit, helping a bit, if not much.

Day 1 EA - Medicine/Int to heal Kenji. TN 15: 5d10o10k4 15

Day 1 EA - Wounds healed to Kenjj: 1d10o10k1 4

((This should bring Kenji to 33 wounds, so at -10, right?))

The Unicorn then extends his hands over the Crane's now patched wounds, whispers a prayer, then concentrates for a moment and the area around his hands seems to get warmer and moist, as if a type of salve has been applied to it - although no physical signs of it are visible.

((Spending one Water slot with Battle Healing to bring Kenji back to -5 now, so 6 additional wounds healed if I'm counting right))
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:40 am

As the students gather around Kenji. eventually one of the healers there comes forward.

"That was some match, Kakita-san. Here, let me help."

He whispers a prayer to the water kami as well.

Path to Inner Peace, IR3+Spellcasting+Affinity: 9d10o10k4 37

Kenji heals 27 rounds.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:37 am

Saburo returned from his own match to see a veritable throng around Kenji. He had been in the middle of his match, so he had no knowledge of what had happened or transpired up until this point. A quick bow to the others, and he murmured softly. "I apologize. Kakita-san required my undivided attention. Is everything alright?"
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am

"Matsu Qiang-san didn't hold back at all during his match and almost knocked Kenji-san out."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:39 am
"Matsu Qiang-san didn't hold back at all during his match and almost knocked Kenji-san out."
Saburo nodded when it was explained. His features showing no sign of judgment. Well, the kid had definitely had a Matsu's spirit when he'd met him, even though they'd only conversed briefly. he'd also grown a full foot at least. "I see at least both are still standing. Good," he murmured, keeping his voice low. Qiang would need to be careful going forward. One slip up could be forgiven, but ... not the most auspicious of beginnings, no.

"Have you performed your match yet, Kaito-san?" He thought about approaching Kenji, but it could wait.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 am

"I have, Yasuki Jun apparantly sees this whole competition as a joke."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:58 am

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:49 am
"I have, Yasuki Jun apparantly sees this whole competition as a joke."
He frowned at that. There has to be one asshole every year, I guess? He couldn't muster the urge to actually give two shits about the Yasuki on a personal level. Haruki was a traveling companion, however, and that was enough for him. He shook his head. Haruki was denied a chance to show off his skills in this, even if he netted necessary steps leading to his successful gempukku. but it wasn't worth worrying about.

"They will learn soon enough. I am looking forward to some of the matches in particular." Catching sight of the flash of color of a falcon, he started to move to watch Sasaiko's match, motioning that Haruki could join him if he wished. He concealed a little wince just barely at that first blow. Mental note. Do not piss his fiance off.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:03 am

"I thought she would take more risks with such a position on the line. That lion must be pretty good."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:07 am

"Never underestimate a Lion in war, or in Jiujutsu. I believe the old Gunso would agree, don't you?" Deep down, he could understand the urge to strike hard and fast with the first blow. It could wind the opponent, weaken and soften them for the rest of the match. There were healers present, but the risk of what happened with Kenji was very real. Added to that... he had a somewhat traditional view of Sumai, and one clinch with the Kakita had told him that he wouldn't even begin to make a dent in the woman. Riku...

Honestly? He'd warn his kin about her tonight.

Riku was not to be trifled with.

Return to “Sumai Matches”