(Day 1, LM) Outburst at the Inn

Otomo Nobuko

Re: (Day 1, LM) Outburst at the Inn

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:05 pm

Nobuko's eyes narrowed at the young man's outburst and posture, but seeing as how he was being aggressive towards at least two who could easily put him in his place if he could not control himself, she focused her attention on the ledger.

That paint was definitely intentional. But perhaps it had been meant to cover a mis-spelling and the servant who wrote the list failed to replace it? Whatever the reason...

She removed a glove, opened her fan, and hid her face behind it while she licked the tip of her smallest finger to preseve her On. She then held the fan in front of her hands while she otherwise very openly used said wetted finger to smear the ink of the other two names so they were smudged over the paint. She then snapped her fan shut, pulled her glove back on, and walked with the ledger over to the old woman.

"Ah, Obaasan," she said with a kind smile, picking up the ledger and moving to stand next to the old woman, "It seems that when someone opened the book, they carelessly smudged the names of the competitors. Surely you can space the rooms of the Mantis already here to allow for Hitoshi-san without anyone else being displaced?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Vutall wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:45 pm
“How is it not an insult that every other competitor was given a guarantee of a room, as the invitation states, yet I do not have one? This is only because I am a a Mantis. All the great clans look down on us and treat us with disrespect and disdain.”

Hearing the Motos comment, and fueled by the insult from Kotomi, Hitoshi slaps the invitation down on the desk and steps forward toward the two and sets his posture to one of aggression.

“What did you say to me?”

Meanwhile..
Ichiro snorted "You don't have to tell me of the disdain of the other clans, They look down on the Moto too but the way you are behaving is childish. Is it this woman who seeks to deny you a room? if not then why are you yelling at her? Do you believe she makes decisions for this establishment, that she who so clearly just wants to serve her patrons as best she can, is trying to slight you? Why just you and not your other clanmates as well?" He reared to his full height with shoulders back and head held high "Now back down before something unfortunate happens here Mantis-san"
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Kazuko still abstains from joining in, positive that her peers will be able to sort this out. She's unenthusiastic about dealing with his excessively... conceited temper. She already has to deal with one egotistical maniac every day, she sure as Jigoku doesn't want to deal with two at once. Besides, if every competitor was given guarantee of a room, then a simple check of the ledger will sort things out. Five of them surely has to be more than enough to peacefully deal with any complications that might arise anyway... But of course Kotomi always has to find a way to elevate things, doesn't she.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:29 pm

((Moto Ichiro and Hitoshi are going to enter a combat. Dao, Yatsuo, and Nobuko are engaged with the peasant, so will be prevented from participating in Round 1. Kazuko and Kotomi can participate in Round 1 if they wish, though Kotomi is seated and would require a simple action to stand up))

Something inside Hitoshi snaps and he lets out a frustrated shout..

Brash: 3d10o10k3 15+Honor, does not meet 25 so failed

Stance: Attack
TN: 20
Initative: Initative: 4d10o10k3 22
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:50 pm

Ichiro hears the shout and prepares to defend himself, not looking to be the aggressor here but he will respond if the Mantis actually attacks him. He places himself closer to the Mantis and puts himself between the Mantis and and the others.

-------------------------------
D1 LM out burst initiative: 5d10o10k4 34
D1 LM out burst full defense roll: 9d10o10k4 34

Stance: Full defense
Healthy
atn: 45 (base 25+34/2 17, 3 from mastery)
Last edited by Moto Ichiro on Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Yotsuo was caught off guard by the sudden aggressiveness of the Mantis, and reoriented himself to face that direction.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 am

"I'm sure any that start fighting here will find themselves removed from the tournament before it even began, Mantis-san" Kotomi said in a firm tone, giving the man a look as if to say 'don't try it' as she did so "so sit down and calm down while we resolve this."

She peered over at the others, gathering around a book, and shook her head.

"There you go, resolved by Otomo-sama. Easy, ne?"

(edit - init in case it's needed:
D1 LM Init: 5d10o10k4+14 36

I'm not sitting down, Kazuko is)
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:58 am

Hitoshi clenches his fists even more and swings one to his chest, thumping it before pointing in anger at Kotomi and Ichiro, hatred in his eyes but held in check by the threat.

"So, there was a booking error, How will it be rectified, Otomo-sama?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:41 am

Nokubo firmly shut the book and tucked it under her arm where it was going to stay until she decided to relinquish it to anyone else. She straightened from where she had been bending to show it to the Innkeeper and turned to face the Mantis who finally decided to give her attention directly - if rudely.

Her smile remained: pleasant but not reaching her eyes as she spoke, "Room will be made for you, of course." A simple solution, "The rooms of the Manits were spaced for two when they should have been spaced for three. I am certain that with some adjustment, the two rooms can be made into the three they should be."

Would this reduce the space for all three involved? Yes. Would it ensure there were three rooms? Also yes. She could make it up to Mai and Kokyou somehow another time. It would be nice to see them again, too.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:13 am

Hitoshi al niches up his fists more, anger catching in his throat before he coughs hard and closes his eyes for a moment, slowly releasing his clenched fists into open palms.

“Very well, Otomo-sama. Thank you for fixing one of the Cranes blunders. You have my thanks”

He gives a curt bow and then goes to waltz out before anyone can say anything more to him

((Hitoshi will leave the scene and thus complete the GM part of things u less someone chooses to stop him))

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:25 am

ichiro snorted "what a fool. A rude fool at that." He said looking to Nobuko "good job with him, I almost had to put him down. Would have been unpleasant for him." Ichiro almost sounded disappointed he didn't get to throw the mantis boy out.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:33 am

Moto Ichiro wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:25 am
ichiro snorted "what a fool. A rude fool at that." He said looking to Nobuko "good job with him, I almost had to put him down. Would have been unpleasant for him." Ichiro almost sounded disappointed he didn't get to throw the mantis boy out.
Nobuko maintained her On, but she had the sincere and strong urge to roll her eyes at him and slap his arm for saying such things. Instead tilted her head in his direction and waited until the Innkeeper had risen to present the book back to her. She would still need it to ensure the rest of the competitors had their room assignments.

Once that was done, she moved back to Ichiro's side to speak softly, apologeticlly, "I had meant to greet you properly when you stepped through the door. After you are done putting your things away and seeing to whatever other tasks needed to complete your arrival, perhaps we could walk the city a bit? There is a place here in Tsuma that I wish to show you."

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 am

"Any greeting from you is proper enough for me." He said with a small smile "and yes I'd love to walk through the city with you. Tsuma has much to explore."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:30 am

Yotsuo simply went back to his seat to wait after everything calmed down. He was glad that things did not resort to fighting, but he suspected that anyone that short tempered was likely to come to blows eventually in a competitive environment.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 am

"It does. Even for me, who has lived here half my life," she admitted. She had never had much of an urge to explore the city beyond the walls of the Academy or where her Aunt would take her until after Hirosaka. Hirosaka had changed her in a lot of ways.

"But we can talk more, later." After they were away from prying eyes and ears. "About many things. Things better left to when we are not in such a crowded place and blocking the paths of others."

After a moment more, Nobuko stepped away from him with a loving smile and turned to see who else had arrived that she had yet to greet...

Oh yes, Yotsuo, Kozuko, and Dao. The Doji girl was familiar as well, but not someone she had met personally. Nobuko offered her a nod in thanks for the help in making the Mantis boy back down.

Then she made her way around the space to politely say hello to those she already knew or knew of. Dao got a more formal greeting as they were both of the Hirosaka group, but had never really spoken. Yotuso a shorter, but more personal greeting, since they had spoken that morning. And Kazuko got a warm welcome with much gushing about how pretty she looked today.

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:03 pm

Otomo Nobuko wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 am
Then she made her way around the space to politely say hello to those she already knew or knew of. Dao got a more formal greeting as they were both of the Hirosaka group, but had never really spoken. Yotuso a shorter, but more personal greeting, since they had spoken that morning. And Kazuko got a warm welcome with much gushing about how pretty she looked today.
Dao offered a formal bow to Nobuko when she addressed him and smiled. "Ohayo Otomo-sama. Your intervention was both timely and effective, as one expects from an Imperial scion. You do honour to your schooling."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:10 pm

"My schooling was provided as much by the Crane as it was my family," she replied warmly. "So you have our hosts to thank as well. I am glad it could be resolved so easily. And I thank you for your generous offer, as well. Such things should never be needed, but sometimes are."

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:25 pm

"I have always clung tightly to the Bushido tenet of compassion where I can Otomo-sama, and made penance when I could not. Your kind words mean much to me, though I am grateful to be able to experience this small slice of luxury while I am here. Our hosts are surely generous with their resources, it must be nice to have such volume to spare."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Return to “The House of the Laughing Carp”