(Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Imperial Familes

Individual Rooms for Guests
Vutall

(Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Imperial Familes

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:10 am

This Event is for Imperial Family Members only
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Otomo Nobuko

Re: (Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Imperial Familes

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:41 pm

The light stirred her awake, pulling her from a deep sleep. Frowning at the interruption, and assuming it must be some commotion they need worry about (otherwise why would the lights be brought up so high at this hour?), she rose and dressed in a simple robe for the sake of modesty and headed towards it, not quite aware enough yet to realize the light was not necessarily a natural one.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:48 pm

Wyn Awakens, unsure of what is going on, he also approaches the light, smiling a little and nodding in the Otomo's direction.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:54 pm

As the two approach the light, suddenly they find themselves in a small room, sitting on cushions and the aroma of autumn filling the air. In front of them sits a man both of them would have seen before. Dressed in a fine power blue kimono, the recently deceased Doji Satsume gives a nodding bow.

“Ah, guests. Good evening. Could one if you please make tea while we share our time together?”

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:00 pm

What an odd dream. That is what it had to be, yes? A very vivid one, to be sure, and thus something to pay attention to. Honored ancestors didn't often speak to those not of their own bloodline. So to be reached out through... well...

"It is an honor to do so," Nobuko answered in a polite murmur and bowed, reaching out to begin making the tea for the small group.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:19 pm

He smiles at Nobuko and does not say anything, gesturing to the tea ceremony equipment laid out on the rug they all sat upon.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Nobuko fell back into silence and began the ceremony, her hands far steadier than they had been a year ago. There was a serene peace within her that seemed to seep into the very tea itself.

-----
OOC
D1; LN; Midnight Tea Event - Imperial Families: 5d10o10k4 53 Triple explosions where have you been all my life! So uh, if there's any free raises from Exceptional Success on this, all of them to performing the ceremony perfectly.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:56 pm

Satsume watches in silence at the preparation and despite his very stoic demeanor, lets a visible expression of being impressed creep into his eyebrows and lips. He nods in thanks and takes the tea cup he is offered in both hands and sips is slowly, closing his eyes and smiling.

"Exquisite. The House of the Red Lotus always has the most splendid blends."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Wyn nods, letting his fellow Imperial conduct the tea ceremony while leaving his head bowed slightly. He smiles softly, "I am afraid I have not previously had the honor of sampling their teas -Domo, this is my first visit.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:28 pm

She could only assume that in this dream state, that was where they were. Why else say as much? She herself had sampled the tea a few times during her time in the city. Not often, but sometimes her Great Aunt would take her there.

"No one can argue that their tea is spoken of with pride," she agreed. After another moment to allow their host another sip or two if that was his desire, she continued the ceremony to the more informal part of it, where all were passed cups of tea and allowed time to drink and speak in a friendly manner before it had to come to a close.

"This invitation we've been given is most welcome and enjoyed, Doji-dono," she spoke, tone carefully curious and expression open, "But if I may, and without speaking for my cousin among the Miya-" Cousin, of course, being nothing more than a colloquial reference to them both being of the Families "-I cannot think of any recent occurrence that would have granted me this honor. If it is not too forward to ask, might you enlighten me?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:18 am

Satsume keeps his hands wrapped around the cup, savoring its warmth.

"There is a task I require of you during your stay here in Tsuma. A young boy that needs guidance to ensure he takes his place as a man."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:32 pm

Wyn nods slowly, "I will do what I can, I am not sure how skilled I will be at guiding others when I have not fully found my own feet. How am I to know this young man?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:48 pm

"You have been very good thus far, Wyn-san," Nobuko said with a soft smile to her cousin. "Your performance at Hirosaka and the measures you took to ensure others were supported and not overshone speak well of your ability to lead by example and encourage excellence."

To their honored host, she said, "If it is important for this boy to become a man here, at the Topaz Championship, then it will be done. His name, and perhaps a description if we have not yet met him, would be of help, -Dono."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:55 pm

“I am certain you will find a way. His name is Hitoshi. He is from the Mantis, though despite how hard he tries, he looks like a typical Crane boy instead of the more island skinned Mantis. He has a bit of a temper from all he has been through. You must guide him and see his graduation successful.”

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:11 pm

Nobuko stilled, then lifted a hand to cover her mouth as she cleared her throat and set her tea down. Her smile did not leave her face, though for a moment it was strained. She bowed her head to help preserve her expression as she spoke again, "I have met the young boy. I will do as I am able to aid his passage to adulthood."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:35 pm

He nods first to the Otomo for her kind words, then upon Satsume's statement he bows again in his seat, "Hai Domo, I will also assist as best I can."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:50 pm

“Excellent. He will be in good hands then.”

Satsume gives a faint smile and a tiny bow.

“Thank you for the time and tea. It is late, and I should retire for the night.”

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:32 pm

"Rest well, Doji- Domo"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:56 am

Nobuko, head already bowed, pressed her hands to the floor and inclined her body further. Not so far as she might to the Emperor himself, of course, but this was the Emerald Champion. There was certain protocol to be had.

"As you say, Doji-dono," she murmured and waited for him to leave... or the dream to end. Having never been contacted by the ancestors through dreams before, she did not know how this was supposed to work.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:58 am

There is another flash of light and the two find them in Wyn's room. There is a teapot on the floor, still warm and full of tea. Satsume is gone.

Return to “Private Rooms”