(Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Crab

Individual Rooms for Guests
Vutall

(Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Crab

Post by Vutall » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:06 am

This event is for Crab players only
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Kuni Yotsuo

Re: (Day 1, LN) Midnight Tea - Crab

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:35 pm

Yotsuo knew that if he waited too long to go to bed, he'd have increasing difficulty falling asleep due to growing anticipation. Instead, he decided he'd go to bed early and thusly was already awake when the light started shining in the room. He had been simply meditating in silence out of respect for others sleeping in the Inn, preparing his mind for the day. That was put on hold.
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Honor: Expected ѻ Glory: 3.0 ѻ Status: 3.0 ѻ Topaz Points: 0
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:08 am

Ginkarasu tossed and turned for awhile. But then...
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:15 am

Aiichiro got used to waking up before sunlight to make the best use of it, having to travel almost a month by feet. Waking up, he figured he would better do his early training before taking a bath. So he rolled outside the futon, got up and reached for his war fan, sliding the shoji to the Crab lounge.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:31 am

The three Crab found themselves in a small room sitting on cushions. In front of them was a tea set, prepped for a ceremony. Additionally a middle age man in a Crane colored kimono sat with his eyes closed.

“Ah. Good evening. Which of you will serve the tea?”

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 am

"Good evening! I don't think we've met? I'm Yasuki Ginkarasu, these are my comrades Kaiu Aiichiro-sama and Kuni Yotsuo-sama. I hope you are doing well! What kind of tea will be served?" he exclaims energetically, looking at the other two Crab in case either volunteers to perform the ceremony.
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:05 am

He blinks in surprise and reclinates a little back. He thought that just now, he was leaving the room. Odd. Memory lapses be another symptom of stress.
Yotsuo-sama? He looked at the Kuni and noticed his personal mon. Oh.
He tilted the tea cerimony bow towards Yotsuo in a gesture he thought to be discrete, but was not.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:20 am

"I have only ever been a witness, never the one to serve, but I can certainly try my hand at it," he replies with a nod.

The Kuni was certainly not the most adept at the art of preparing tea, but with effort he does so properly.

After all is done and everyone has enjoyed their first sip, he speaks up.

"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Though there was no sound of your entry while I was meditating."

Two things that the Kuni knew of were capable of moving that quietly... sneaky people and spirits. He was not anxious, nor was there a hint of violence in his voice or actions, when he took hold of his jade pendant. It was more curiosity in his eyes when he looked on the Crane man intently.

----

D1 LN, Tea Ceremony / Void, VP +1k1, 4 participants, TN 25: 5d10o10k4 26 +1 VP to participants, net zero loss for Yotsuo

D1 LN, To See Darkness, Investigation / Awareness, Prodigy +1k0, TN Opposed Sincerity (Deceit) / Willpower of Crane: 8d10o10k4 31 Is the guy that snuck in tainty?
Crab ѻ Monk ѻ Spirit Walker ѻ Obsessive ѻ Chosen by the Oracle of Earth ѻ Emissary of the Spirit Realms ѻ Friend of the Brotherhood ѻ Prodigy ѻ Profile
Carries: Fine clothing, incense brazier, small statue, ink brush kit, jade pendant, jade finger

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 am

"I see you have not spent much time in the Imperial Courts, Yasuki-san. I am the Emerald Champion, Doji Satsume."

As Yotsuo performed the ceremony, the man sat still and observed, showing no signs of approval or disapproval at the work. He nodded in thanks, and then took the cup and drank from it slowly with both hands, savoring the warmth and flavor.

"Ah, there is nothing quite like this blend. I always enjoyed visiting the House of the Red Lotus on my stops at Tsuma."

Yotsuo did not get the impression or any outward signs that the man was tainted.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:39 am

He froze. Just, like, what. This guy was dead! The heimin earlier told him of that.
Seeing the Kuni's gesture, he unfolds swiftly the jade finger from his arm and guards it over his lap, beyond sight. He knew the three sacred substances could hurt all kinds of shapeshifters. Now he just needed an opportune moment to have it touch his skin without perceiving... Maybe if he got distracted, he could pull it off. Or just be way more direct. We had a Kuni here, after all.
"Tea is commonly planted where I'm from. The taste of it surely reminds me of Tsuta, although I'm not sure it would be Tsuta. Do you know what it is, Kuni-sama?" He asks.

(ooc: Tsuta is the Rokugani for ivy and wall slang for shapeshifter)
Last edited by Kaiu Aiichiro on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:57 am

"No! Not as of yet Doji-sama!" He bows. "Perhaps you had chance to enjoy some mochi in the Emperor's courts however? My family is lucky enough to insure the Emperor and his guests have the finest in the Empire!"

He pauses. "I believe we met a servant of yours today, who was bringing some of your personal effects to Kakita Toshimoko-sama."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:12 pm

The Kuni lets his jade pendant dangle back where it was before, and smiles towards Aiichiro. "I do not know what this blend is, but I do find it pleasant. Quite refreshing and I suspect it will help us shake off the lethargy of sleep."

Turning back to the former Emeral Champion, he finally gives a more proper and respectful bow to the man who is no longer an unknown and potentially dangerous interloper. Now he was just a potentially dangerous spirit, but not likely. "I have not spent any time in Imperial Courts, Doji-sama. Though last I heard you had passed away, under mysterious circumstances. Are you aware of this? Not all that continue to walk Ningen-do after their passing are."

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:22 pm

"I perhaps could have, Yasuki-san, though many delicacies flow in the Imperial City. I am certain however if your family had the clout to have their treats served there, they are most excellent."

The man simply blinks at the question from Yotsuo and says

"If I am dead, than how are we here enjoying this tea?"

He takes another sip and then states

"I have a request for you all."

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:27 pm

"It would not be the first time I've enjoyed tea with someone that is dead. When I visited my grandfather in Yomi a few years ago, we had tea together," Yotsuo replied with a chuckle. "I doubt I'll ever have tea that delicious again while I'm alive."

"What is your request Doji-sama?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:41 pm

He tasted the tea after confirming everything was safe. "Your servant did seem confused. He called Toshimoko-sama a Doji. What would be your request, great Doji-dono?" He asked. Couldn't believe inside he was having tea with the emerald champion, so he tried to behave in the best etiquette he could.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:10 pm

"Good point Doji-sama! You've gone to great lengths to hide yourself from the Empire. How can we help the Emerald Champion? Do we need to protect the Emperor or his heirs? Is there a secret conspiracy we need to overthrow while you lead from the shadows?" Ginkarasu leans forward, excited to be let in to what must be the most important thing in the Empire, for the Emerald Champion to have faked his death so convincingly.

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:53 pm

“There is a boy named Hitoshi of the Mantis, I need you all to ensure he is allowed to graduate and complete his Gempuku here in Tsuma”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:56 pm

"With all respect that is due, is he touched by the west wind or something similar, Doji-dono?" He saw no other alternatives to call the Crab over all others.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 pm

"What's the conspiracy got against him? Does he have enemies that'll try and stop him from doing so?" He asks, curious, nodding at Aiichiro's question.

Kuni Yotsuo

Post by Kuni Yotsuo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 am

"That may be a difficult prospect. He became violent after a procedural error and minor interaction with a Moto regarding his room here at the inn," Yotsuo replied, remembering the Mantis from earlier. "He has something of a temper it seems so we will have to ensure he does not lose it during the competition and get himself removed for inappropriate violence."

Return to “Private Rooms”