Practice makes...wait, I'm already perfect (D1 EA open)

Doji Kotomi

Practice makes...wait, I'm already perfect (D1 EA open)

Post by Doji Kotomi » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Kotomi had a schedule she always kept to. It would be disrupted by the tournament, but these hours were important to stay sharp and focused. So here she was, in the main dojo, going through her stances. Each one inch perfect.
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Kokyou

Re: Practice makes...wait, I'm already perfect (D1 EA open)

Post by Kokyou » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:24 am

Perfection is what Kokyou was interested at, but in a different form. Hopefully, he did not need to sneak into the Academy since the guards allowed him in. After all, he's a famed hero, now. Also, he is a competitor, so, double the recognition power.

The young man sits perfectly still in seiza as his hands are held in his lap. His eyes attentively studying the Crane students form. Specially... the maiden's ones.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:59 am

Kotomi noted the audience, but continued to focus on her kata for a short while longer before stopping, turning to where the Mantis was sitting.

"Enjoying the view, Mantis-san?" Kotomi tilted her head.
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sun Aug 02, 2020 5:44 am

"I confess I could enjoy more." He says, as if a smirk would creep up, but it doesn't.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:08 am

"Perhaps you should join in. I'm sure the Mantis have a unique dueling style that would be interesting to see" Kotomi said with a smirk, at least giving the man a small bow "after all, it's not right that you sit in the greatest dojo in the lands and just watch."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:26 am

He takes a seated bow and lifts himself up. Dusting off the hamaka to make it go back to its neatly ironed form, Kokyou replies, "My style is still to be fully comprehended. In any chance, tradition has to be respected with time to adapt itself to improvements. I would not dare offend the Crane at their own art, being someone not from these lands."

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:03 am

"That sounds like an excuse" Kotomi said, crossing her arms "I understand having to follow after someone of my talent is difficult Mantis-san, but you're going to have to get past that nervousness if you intend to make it anywhere. The floor is yours."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:45 am

Kokyou raises an eyebrow to her comment and then laughs a bit before saying, "You're cute."

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:13 am

"I know" Kotomi said with a tilt of her head "not sure what that has to do with this."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:20 am

"You trying to bully me. That's where you're cute." He chuckles as his shoulders roll.

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:41 pm

"If you believe having to display your talent is bullying you're not going to fare well in this championship Mantis-san" Kotomi shook her head "really, one Mantis throwing a strop because of smudged paper this morning and now this one here pouting because a girl puts him in his place about what one does in a dojo. Do the Mantis not teach their children correct etiquette?"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:55 pm

"Ye're such a laugh, cutie. I actually enjoy yer moody attitude. Quite... spicy. We Mantis like that a lot. As fer talent, like th' Lion, we jus' loot a major city o' th' Crane showin' we got wha' it takes. Imperial stamp on it, too. Unlike th' Lion, we didn' needs t' slay a bunch o' yer best." He shrugs, smiling.

"If ye can nah swim, don't get into th' water. How about that fer Mantis etiquette?"

He rolls his shoulders again, adding a hearty,

"Ha-haaar!"

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:57 pm

Kotomi narrowed her eyes.

"I see that Mantis etiquette is stealing and dishonourable tactics. Not a surprise that such an insignificant clan would act in such a way. Unlike you though, I'm prepared to stand up for my clan, not hide behind their actions like you do."

She motioned to the door.

"Either leave, or show me your stance, coward."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:02 pm

"Wha'? Are ye really sayin' th' Imperials are wrong? That th' Emperor be wrong in givin' the Mantis the control of such a place since ye cannot hold it?"

He shakes his head, adding in clear Rokugani, "I would ask you to reconsider your words and take back the challenge. You're not even passed gempukku, cutie."

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:04 pm

"I meant what I said, Mantis" Kotomi said with narrowed eyes "now are you going to run away like a rat or stand up like a man? And it's Doji-sama t you, so cut out these nicknames lest I request something beyond a matter of honour."

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Kokyou keeps his smile on, "Ye can request whatever ye wants, cutie. Ye're nah a samurai, yet. When ye be one, then feel free t' challenge me. I'll gladly accept it."

He bows to her with his usual flourish, "Won't waste me time sparrin'. I rather jus' watch, fer now."

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:12 pm

"Then leave. You're not welcome here if you only intend to disrupt the samurai in training" Kotomi pointed to the door again "or shall I send a message to our hosts, my clan, regarding more problems with the Mantis?"

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:17 pm

"I be a guest here. A competitor. So, I believe yer Clan wants me here. As well as th' Ruby Champion herself." He sucks his teeth, adding, "Ye don't look like any o' th' sensei, either. If they tell me t' weigh anchor, by all means."

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:21 pm

Kotomi rolled her eyes.

"That fake accent is pathetic. Fine, I'll inform the hosts and the Ruby champion. Allow me to bring over Kakita sensei and inform him of your insults."

She took a few steps away before going to fetch a sensei.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:25 pm

Kokyou takes his seiza position and keeps checking the other students train while humming a low toned shantie.

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”