[Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Pregame for New Winds Part 1
Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: [Gardens, Juramashi District, Otosan Uchi] WOW!

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:10 am

"It's this scroll about Imperial etiquette." Ginkarasu waves at it. "There's a list about how it's proper for Imperial bureaucrats to have you wait, and how long you should expect to wait if they're being polite."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:27 am

"What? This makes no sense. Why do people delay things on purpose? This is extremely time-ineffective." He said, practically jumping from his chair to go to Ginkarasu's back, reading the scroll over his shoulder.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:31 am

"Of course you have to wait, otherwise you can't prove that you are serious, Yasuki-San, Kaiu-San," Kenji said happily about having another topic in the room.

His fingertips were still tingling, but just by Ginkarasu's throw-in, the atmosphere in the room had visibly relaxed for Kenji.

He sat down neatly at the table. "Some bureaucrats make you wait for hours to get an audience with an official"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:11 am

"I thought you just had to wait because there are far more people at an Imperial court? Note how it says if they're being polite, that means the expected amount of time it would take for them to get to your request. Even if you had all the resources of Rokugan, you still can't get to everything in a day."

Finally, the voices in Haruki's head have stilled and he can focus purely on those around him. There should be no need for the fan now, his thoughts can wait.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:29 am

"Guess it makes more sense. I never had to wait to meet Kaiu-sama if she was on the furnaces, unless if it was because she was helping someone else already. And she is not imperial, I know, but she is pretty close anyway. So they don't make people wait for the sake of waiting, right, Kenji-san?" He asked the Crane whilst searching in the paper Ginkarasu had open if the wait was intentional or not.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:37 am

"Hmmmmm" Kenji wondered.
"I heard this from someone who was trained as a Doji diplomat. Sometimes you have to keep people waiting to see if they are serious, but if the scroll says otherwise, it has to be true, right? Of course, it could just be her point of view... Best we study it more closely."
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:42 am

"It says you could wait up to three hours to meet with the Assistant in charge of Filing Information about Paper? And a week to meet the Chancellor in charge of Assistants Filing Information?" He looks up a little wide-eyed. "A week is a lot of waiting! Do you have to stay in the tea waiting room or do you announce your intention to meet with them and then come back later?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:49 am

"I think it is wise to say that the truth lies between making people waiting on purpose and being occupied. No way someone once attends one person at a week if they are this important, they must attend like three people at a week. I just realized something... Search for how long it is to meet the Emperor. I'm curious."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:53 am

"Okay!" Ginkarasu keeps looking through the text. "I bet it's a real long time!"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:10 pm

"The first hurdle will probably be getting an audience with the assistant's helper for His Holiness' audiences," Kenji said amusedly. "What do you think, Kaito-san?"

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:54 pm

"Considering it's the Emperor you would be trying to get an audience with, the person you need to get an audience with to try to get an audience with the emperor would be too important to be able to get an audience with. I bet there's an assistant to that assistant who you need to file your request with. It would probably be quicker to just turn in your request and receive an answer through a letter. The most important thing to remember about going to court is that your first goal isn't necessarily to make friends, but to get things your clan needs."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 pm

"...I think I'm talking with Kaiu-sama if I ever need to talk with the Emperor." He said, trying to process the entirety of the situation.

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:32 pm

"It would probably be the wisest decision to ask ones superior if he could do this, nevertheless, I hope to see his majesty one day," Kenji said, a little defeated.
After a pause, he looked around and asked, "Would you mind having dinner together after our studies?

OOC: Trying to wrap this up before the Game begins, my Plan would be to eat together, chat a little and then to go my way.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:46 pm

"It would be an honor, perhaps you have a place in mind already?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:05 pm

"I don't think I will ever have a reason to talk with the Emperor directly. We don't need to ask him for jade, or for troops, or for equipment. But perhaps Kisada-sama talks with the Emperor, although they say that Kisada-sama never leaves the Wall, so I'm in doubt. About dinner, sure!"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:07 pm

"It kinda seems like the scroll doesn't believe people of our station will get audiences with the Emperor. But I know I've heard of it happening..."

His eyes go wide as he remembers, "Ah! You've gotta win the sumai tournament at Winter Court! The winner dances for the Emperor and gets a private meeting." He nods confidently. "One of my cousins said it's why they wanted to become a sumai champion."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:34 pm

"I don't have anything in mind, but I would simply stroll through the streets till I smell a good restaurant, Kaito-san" Krnji said. "If you finished your studies, of course"

"I don't think I could win a sumai tournament, yasuki-San, but, nonetheless this is interesting, do you happen to see a sumai tournament before?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:47 pm

"That would be very understandable, Ginkarasu-san. I don't think the Emperor has time to, like, children. Wait, seriously, you get to meet the Emperor privately if you..." His eyes widen. "There should be a lot of Hida on the court the Emperor stays, then!"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 am

A small head shake. "Not a full tournament. They can take a long time. But I've seen bouts! The sumai wrestlers banish the spirits around the ring so they can honor the Heavens. It's a very holy thing. And everyone's cheering real loudly! And people buy a lot of mochi, which is why I couldn't see the whole thing."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:33 am

Kenji frowned briefly. Yasuki and their money. "At least you witnessed such an event, Yasuki-san, not everyone is that lucky, sumai isn't that common in the crane lands." He turned to Haruki "Kaito-san, will you join us, or is there something else you'd like to see in the library?" Asked Kenji honestly.

Return to “Pregame, Part 1”