My soul for you

Bayushi Kaidan

Re: My soul for you

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:40 pm

Kaidan smirked. "It is a complex part of life." He looked at the Iuchi. "Do you like arts besides making jewelry? "
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:56 pm

"Well... I'm far from a connoisseur in any, I guess. But I do like many of them. I've grown up listening to quite different types of poetry from my parents, and... Well, we hear some quite different styles of music back home. Some are really interesting. And... As the ways my family uses to talk to the elemental spirits often use crafted objects, I have seen and took an interest to some types of craft. Mostly jewelry, as you mentioned, since it's... versatile - I mean, different styles are possible, and it's usually easy to carry around. But I also like other things. I had a great time learning to create some wind chimes with some of our colleagues just the other day!"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Kaidan was puzzle. "You trap the spirits in the jewelry?" This was the first time he heard this form of magic. "Or the spirit give the form to the item?" He wondered.
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:22 am

"It's... A bit of both, I guess? It is a long-standing tradition of the Iuchi, and I couldn't explain many of the details, but we basically choose an item for the amulet - I usually like to create them myself, or at least get something I believe will be meaningful for the spirit. Then we call a spirit's name to talk to them, ask for their help and company, and offer them the item in question as a sort of 'shrine' for them."
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Kaidan nodded. "Perhaps, you should visit the Asahina at some point, Obahan tends to explain to me how things have spirits... you do it the other way around you give spirits to things." He continued his walk.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:10 am

"I guess that's one way to see things", he says, smiling. "I didn't know your family had ties to the Asahina, Bayushi-san. I suppose yours must be a very spiritual family, with interesting rituals, ne?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:48 am

Kaidan took a breath. "Yes, my mother is Asahina... I visit the temples on the Southern region of the Crane lands to visit my grandfather and grandmother." He shook his head. "As for traditions... they are complicated."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:51 am

"I see", he says with a gentle smile. "It... doesn't seem to be something easy for you. So... Back to the arts. Have you always liked origami? You seem quite skilled! I haven't had the chance to see much of it, but I hear Kitsuki-sensei's work in that art is delightful too. Have you had the chance to see it or take classes on that with her here?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:41 pm

Kaidan nodded. "I enjoy working with the paper. Making new things out of something flat to something more lively." He sighed. "I took law with Kitsuki sensei not origami." He looked at the Iuchi. "You don't need to do this Iuchi san."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:09 am

He nods at his comment about origami, still smiling, and seems about to say something else when the Bayushi looks at him and says his last words. He then seems genuinely confused.

"This? What do you mean, Bayushi-san? Talking? I... apologise if I'm being a nuisance. I didn't mean to.", he says, slightly worried. " I just thought it would be a good chance to get to speak, get to know each other a bit better. You seemed like a nice person and we ended up not having much time together here, unfortunately", he says, keeping some more distance although a slight, warm-ish smile is still on his lips.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:47 am

Kaidan sighed. "Not many try to be... nice to me." He took a breath. "I don't have many friends. You don't have to be mine if you don't want to." He looked back at the Iuchi. "Your clan is known for compassion and that may be confused with what one may call friendship." He nodded. "Are you still sure that you want my friendship?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am

The Unicorn keeps quiet as the Scorpion speaks, and keeps quiet for a moment more after that, maybe thinking about something, maybe just confused.

After smoe time, a warm smile returns to his face, and he speaks in a gentle, friendly tone.

"Um.. I think I understand your concern, Bayushi-san! But... i believe 'Jin' is more about helping others than being friends, ne? And... we do learn to try and be helpful when we can, but... well, I don't think I'm being helpful to you, ne, Bayushi-san? I hope I'm not being the opposite of that, really!"

He grins for a moment, then continues speaking.

"I like to spend time and know more about others, and as I said you seem like a nice person, Bayushi-san. I would like to call you a friend - if that is something you'd be comfortable with, that is."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:21 am

The Bayushi closed his eyes and nodded. "Very well Iuchi san. I will I hope to consider you a friend sometime. I know little about you to do so." He opened his eyed and smiled. "I do believe that I am a nice person. Just a bit... quiet... it is my nature, to listen, not to speak."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:23 pm

He nods back at the Bayushi, then speaks in a friendly tone. "And I will hope I'll consider you a friend one day too".

He then keeps silent for some time, breathing deeply, before smiling again and answering the Scorpion. "Maybe we could just stop speaking and... listen for a while, then?"

He closes his eyes and takes another deep breath.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:50 pm

As the crickets, cicadas and other nightly sounds filled the air. Kaidan and Prashant walked quietly listening to the sounds. Kaidan at some point started humming the same harmony he once sang.

//scene?

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:17 am

Prashant looks at the Bayushi happily as he starts humming, then keeps walking besides him quietly.

/Scene

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Boar”