(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:23 am

"Shogi? Not Go?" He is mildly surprised, but goes back to drinking his tea.

"After the tournament, I would've expected Go."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:26 am

"I'm better at shogi." He now sips his tea, still not much as it is still scorching hot.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:32 am

"Another one I haven't played. I got okay at Sadane, though insulting good art is really tough." He brightens for a moment. "Maybe they'll have a library or a place to find scrolls in Tsuma. Kenji-san said there is a 'Merchants' House of the Exotic', and that sounds like there could be interesting things!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:44 am

"Wait. You never played shogi, like, really? Did you slack off the class where they teached it for all bushi?" He noticed how his interest jumped immediately to the merchantile parlor. Very Yasuki. "The gaijin things merchants are the Ide, are they not?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 am

A nod, "Yeah, I asked them if it wasn't better for a yojimbo to know Sadane, as I'm more likely to be exposed to it if I'm assigned to court."

He frowns slightly, "I...think so? I don't know much about the Unicorn. Although Utaku Nesrin was really nice. She sent me some mochi at the end of our time in Hirosaka."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:03 am

"The thing about games is that they are not only passtimes. They often too teach useful skills to have. Like how shogi and go makes you better at quick answers that are still logical, or kemari teaches you precision with your feet."
He nods.
"Nesrin-san spoke well of you, and I too found her company pleasant." He looks to the tea cup. "Hers and Iuchi-san's."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:08 am

A brief nod. "Do you think I should get a lucky cricket? Nesrin-sama had one, and maybe it does help?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:12 am

"Well, it for sure can't hurt. Although I would say it would be better to find your own."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:21 am

"But you need a cage for it. Is it lucky if you find one when you have a cage already and therefore a reason to be looking, or is it reaaaally lucky to find one with a cage already?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:26 am

"I think you can test if it is lucky or not by holding it. Although there should be some luck-detecting ritual. Maybe the Isawa have one? Do you know somewhere that holds them in greater steem?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:35 am

A shake of his head. "No, don't know who. How would you know if it's lucky while you hold it?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:52 am

"If you get more lucky, of course. I would say less unlucky, but like, can you be lucky and unlucky at the same time? Good things happening then bad ones?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:12 am

"I'd think so. I gained you as a friend, right?" He grins a bit at that.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:16 am

"You get me off guard with commentaries like this. All the time." He takes the context of drinking tea to hide his face behind a tilted mug.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:23 am

He nods. "It is true and it is good training!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:26 am

"What? You do this intentionally?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:36 am

He salutes Aiichiro with his tea cup, smirking slightly.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:39 am

"I thought those were genuine! You-"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:49 am

"They are genuine. I..I don't lie. Not sure what it is. But I can't do it anymore."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:53 am

"You were... Ah, I'm not in right to say anything either. Anyway, it's kind of... Strange? Like, you just said so to see my reaction, but still you weren't lying, so..." He was conflicted.

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”