(Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: (Crane Clan Lands) - Night Before

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:36 pm

A small shake of his head, "You're kind and knew I like rabbits?"
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:49 pm

"You seemed enthusiastic about Kaiu toys when we were debating tournament prizes. Do you remember what you said?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:52 pm

A brief nod. "Uhm. Who wouldn't want a puzzle box to show off at home?"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:56 pm

"So the cracks mean that you brought it with you instead of guarding at your parent's house safety. I'm not disappointed." He says, trying not to sound disappointed. "I promised I would fix it, anyway."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:02 pm

He nods. "Yeah. A bunch of the other students offered coin for it, and I got in two fights. That's where the ear..." He gestures, "the crack happened on the way here, a few weeks ago. I slipped off a boulder I'd climbed up in order to get a better view of the upcoming trail, cause it looked like there'd be a dangerous ambush spot."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:15 pm

He blinks more than normal. "Well... I know, Clear Water Yasuki and all, but that... I did not expect. The bidding. I'm not even allowed to sell my craft personally, that's terribly disrespectful."
He looked at the cup of tea, regains focus and looks at Ginkarasu again.
"I suppose who fought you off where the Hida you mentioned a few months ago? You know, you could have said it was the gift of a nikutai."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 pm

A shake of the head. "You weren't a nikutai when you gave it to me. A bunch were really more jealous of my family's success with the Emperor's kitchens, and took it as a way to strike back for their families."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:11 pm

"I see. Sensei would kill us if we ever ruined eachother's projects. I mean, probably beating eachother is part of the yojimbo thing, but we are not trained to be scorpions."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:52 pm

"A lot of Yasuki have to be really competitive. Their families are used to competing against the rest of the Empire for every bushel of rice. The Hida...I think are largely upset that they weren't able to be trusted to be Hida bushi and serve on the Wall. I hope when they pass their gempukku they'll have figured out that it's an important duty as well." He's put a lot of thought into it.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:03 am

He looks back to the toy. "It should suck. Meanwhile we are mostly, like, not so close but making things, like... Trying to impress eachother with jokes. It's not that easy to explain." He says, pushing and letting go the toy.
"Tomorrow we are buying carpentry tools. Unless they cost more than one koku. Then we are taking them from someone for a while. I will need a full block to make a new base."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:21 am

He grunts, with a nod. "Okay. I should have enough."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:49 am

"What? No, it is my craft. Although I will ask you to commerce."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:01 am

"But, it's for me. And I caused the damage..."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 am

"You didn't seem all that friendly to the idea of paying, though."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:19 am

"I..I'm not used to spending it on something for myself. I'm trying to think of a way to make sure that we could do something for the clan." He frowns. "How public would you want your work to be? If we created demand for it, would you be willing to make more?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:29 am

"I'm not allowed to sell my craft. This is terminal." He says sternly. What were the Clear Water Yasuki on? "I would like it to be high... Er quality before trying to make my name on the 'famous crafter' sphere, however."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:34 am

A firm nod. "I'll not push it. It is possible you could get allies from people who hope to one day receive such a gift. I can't sell it either, from my orders. But favors are different, aren't they?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:50 am

"And what exactly will we do with them?" He moves his neck from one side to the other, staring. "I will not be able to make many of those. I am to craft myself a tessen."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:57 am

A small shrug. "I don't know. I'm not really skilled at court. Sometimes people gain favors for when they need them. I know, for instance, that we have to work with the Scorpion to keep the River of Gold safe from bandits. A favor owed from a Scorpion, if they end up in a position to make decisions, could be important. But mostly I don't know."

He frowns.

"Maybe instead of you making things for others, we could see what the other clans need? The former Topaz Champion is a Dragon. They might know more about what's going on in the Empire."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:13 am

"We need resources. It better be more important than this." He says in a scorching voice. Wall gives you some habits from the Hida, it seems, and the benefit of doubt he gave to the Yasuki was vanishing quickly.
"Wars are increasing in strength and frequency. It is why I think they promoted a child without second thought. Nothing dared to fire against Shiro Kaiu until now, but traveling to the sea from near the wall makes you informed." He calmed again as he explained.
"So if I can only make a tanto, I would rather do so. Traveling to Tsuma has been already a tremendous waste of time from this perspective."

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”