Queen of the dojo (Tsuma, Kakita academies)

Doji Kotomi

Re: Queen of the dojo (Tsuma, Kakita academies)

Post by Doji Kotomi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:54 am

"Don't be too long Kenji-kun, and shout if you need help" Kotomi said with a giggle, before slipping into the female side of the bathing area, sighing.

"Really, that boy. I don't know how he managed to keep himself going while helping you along" she peered at Kazuko "I hope you've not held him back too much. He might have a good future in the Crane. Oh well, can't be helped. How was the Ruby champions experiment?"

She slipped out of her clothes, spending some time cleaning her lithe body.
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:05 am

"I will, thank you."

Kenji went to the men's section of the bathhouse...
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:18 pm

A plain looking servant girl follows behind, picking up clothing and carefully arranging it. Anyone who sees her likely has a brief moment of "oh, I think she looks familiar" but she seems rather hard to place. She's really plain looking. Almost as if someone studied all of the features of the servants, picked the plainest parts and put them all together, as if that was possible.
Fox Clan | Shugenja | Smol | Quirky AF
"I may run and hide, but I'll never tell a lie."
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 2.7| Status: 1.0 | Topaz Points:

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 am

Doji Kotomi wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:54 am
"Don't be too long Kenji-kun, and shout if you need help" Kotomi said with a giggle, before slipping into the female side of the bathing area, sighing.

"Really, that boy. I don't know how he managed to keep himself going while helping you along" she peered at Kazuko "I hope you've not held him back too much. He might have a good future in the Crane. Oh well, can't be helped. How was the Ruby champions experiment?"

She slipped out of her clothes, spending some time cleaning her lithe body.
Kotomi is like a leech. A protuberant, repulsive, bloodsucking leech that ensures that even the nicest students give whatever poor soul she's attached to a wide berth. Unfortunately, she's attached to Kazuko at the moment, which means that no one of any importance is within earshot to help distract or remove the leech. Just how desperate does one have to be to stick to their worst enemy like this, even when Kenji isn't around?

"I can't believe you'd doubt our capabilities so much. Why don't you try testing us sometime if you're not scared? You know, to ensure that Kenji-san has a good future. Don't worry though, no one held anyone back during the experiment which was a very welcome change."

In a weird mixture of irritation and apathy, Kazuko can't help jab back a little. The heat and faint steam in the air is definitely making her scrub just a little bit harder, a little bit angrier... Maybe if she washes up fast enough then she can have a private moment with Kenji?
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:00 am

The servant girl quietly picks up in the background, bringing clean water, doing her best to be unobtrusive. The approaches and departs with bowed head, beneath notice.

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:29 pm

Kakita Kazuko wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:20 am
Kotomi is like a leech. A protuberant, repulsive, bloodsucking leech that ensures that even the nicest students give whatever poor soul she's attached to a wide berth. Unfortunately, she's attached to Kazuko at the moment, which means that no one of any importance is within earshot to help distract or remove the leech. Just how desperate does one have to be to stick to their worst enemy like this, even when Kenji isn't around?

"I can't believe you'd doubt our capabilities so much. Why don't you try testing us sometime if you're not scared? You know, to ensure that Kenji-san has a good future. Don't worry though, no one held anyone back during the experiment which was a very welcome change."

In a weird mixture of irritation and apathy, Kazuko can't help jab back a little. The heat and faint steam in the air is definitely making her scrub just a little bit harder, a little bit angrier... Maybe if she washes up fast enough then she can have a private moment with Kenji?
There was a laugh.

"Future? You? Don't you think Kenji-kun can do better? Even with your own self-perceived skills Kazuko-san, you're not a good match. There might be a Hida that could use you well though" Kotomi smirked as she poured the water from her bucket over her own head "and I'll always be happy to put you in your place, so let me know when you want to lose to me."

She shook her head and sighed.

"No wonder neither of you wants to admit how you did if they didn't hold back. Were you the worst student? Begging them not to send you home early?"
Crane Clan * Duelist * Prodigy * Smart * Smug * Better than Kazuko * Not very Courteous * Profile
Equipment: Better quality clothes, Umbrella, mirror, Daisho/No-dachi/Light armour where allowed

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:02 am

Kenji disrobed, paid little attention to the servants and began to scrub his body.

He watched as Kyo also entered the washing area, he observed him and noticed the bruise on his arm where Kotomi hit him, without medical care the arm would be blue for the next two weeks.

Kenji wondered what was going on in Kotomi's head from time to time. He knew she had a nice friendly side, but why she never showed it to others was a mystery to him.

But was it in his position to question her attitude? He saw her as a friend, shouldn't friends talk about such things? Then again, there was the thing with Aiichiro and the letter. His heart grew heavy as he thought about how he felt when he read the letter for the first time. He was happy that Aiichiro could forgive him, Kenji didn't want to lose a friend.
Last edited by Kakita Kenji on Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Zashi

Post by Zashi » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:13 am

The servant girl returns to Kotomi, head demurely bowed, offering scented water and fresh towels. "Inari", the servant girl, does her best to hide a bemused expression at the pairs bickering. Their place needs to be remembered after all~

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:01 pm

Doji Kotomi wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:29 pm
There was a laugh.

"Future? You? Don't you think Kenji-kun can do better? Even with your own self-perceived skills Kazuko-san, you're not a good match. There might be a Hida that could use you well though" Kotomi smirked as she poured the water from her bucket over her own head "and I'll always be happy to put you in your place, so let me know when you want to lose to me."

She shook her head and sighed.

"No wonder neither of you wants to admit how you did if they didn't hold back. Were you the worst student? Begging them not to send you home early?"
Kazuko maintains the impression of being unaffected besides the narrowing of her eyes, not that Kotomi can see when she's busy wiping water out of her own. Of course Kotomi is going to let loose and pick a fight when no one else is near. If it's a fight she wants though, then it's a fight she will get. Once Kotomi can see again, she makes a face and waves the air in front of her face with her hand.

"Oh my, there's an awful stench of a spoiled pig in the air. You're lucky you're used to it or else you would have to deal with it like everyone else! More importantly though, where did you find the time to train as a nadoko when you're always so busy riding your high horse? I do hope that you become better at matchmaking than maintaining your On."

She mockingly imitates the sigh and head shake and looks pityingly at Kotomi as if to say 'I simply can't imagine the shame you'll bring to the clan if you aren't.' Well, sometimes you just have to tear the leech off yourself.

"I'll let you keep admiring yourself, but do let me know if you're not too scared to duel me. You'll be groveling to the Hida to take you in after I beat you though. Tengoku knows even the worst Hida has better On than you. Maybe a miracle will occur and you'll learn something there if your ego hasn't taken up all the room in your head already."

Finished with washing up and preparing to dry off with the towels brought by the servant girl, Kazuko is still hoping to get a private moment or two with Kenji or at least time away from Kotomi before lunch.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Doji Kotomi

Post by Doji Kotomi » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:33 pm

"Anytime. Anyplace. Just name it and I'll remind you why I'm the star of the dojo and you're an afterthought" Kotomi smirked "wait too long though and I'll let everyone know how afraid you really are."

She took a towel, barely giving the servant girl a look as she started the process of drying her lovely long hair.

"A shame, I was hoping you'd come back with some understanding of your place."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:50 pm

Kenji had quickly slid into the hot water, dried himself, set his hair reasonably straight and put on a kimono and was on his way out. In all the hectic he almost ran over a servant.

Wait... he thought. He eyed the servant he had bumped into. Could it be? No, never.

Kenji apologized and started waiting outside

Return to “Pregame, Part 2”