The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Kokyou

Re: The Big Meal At The End of the Road

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:58 pm

Kokyou raises one hand to get the attention of the imperial ashigaru that beat him up the other day –– and then he kicked his behind afterwards, but they're friends, now. The dead-eyed soulless ji-samurai drums the dojo gong once to call everyone's attention to where the trophies, Miya Wyn and Kokyou are standing.

Gooooooong!

The Mantis boy takes the lead, then bows to the Ruby Champion, to Kakita Toshimoko, to the gathered sensei, to the students... finally, to the ashigaru that trained with and served them.

He says, outloud, "In the name of the Mantis Clan, which is a big and proud Family of this beloved Empire, and with the aid of a prominent son of the Imperial Families, I would like to present to you the Praised Seven."

The boy waves to the small stone trophies they have set on a main table nearby, explaining, "These are humble stones the earth allowed my kami-blessed hands to mold. We intend them to be icons that represent the foundation of what we all accomplished here, in this dojo. Each represent a value that can be linked to one of our major Fortunes, and how those blessings have been shared with every other student."
Kokyou wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 pm
...stone trophies –– in the same color of the stones used to warm the bathing pools –– their forms are revealed with the proper kanji in miniatures of:

- Charisma: A Fan
- Beauty: A Mask
- Bravery: A Katana
- Wits: A Pen
- Resilience: A Kabuto
- Trust: A Cup
- Generosity: A Coin
He smirks, chest puffed up, and completes, "Since this morning, students were asked to praise a name for each of these values. Miya-sama will now announce the most praised for each virtue."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm

Kenji lifted his Head.

Kokyou organized this? He thought.

He watched the scene with interest
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm

Wyn smiles and brings forth his scroll, standing and preparing to speak like a Miya Herald

"Ahh Yes the winners of our most Virtuous Contest, These are the students that have been designated as the greatest epitome of each virtue present based on their actions and grace during the last week. "

For the Virtue of Beauty, the epitome of showing an example to all of us of how a samurai should behave we present to Otomo Nobuko, though it was a very close match, and it must be said the Bayushi Jiro almost overcame the great Imperial in the voting, and of course the Beautiful Doji Sakura very close behind.

For the Virtue of Generosity, the showing of having a open heart, and truly being the heart and soul of this Dojo, Doji Sakura

For the Virtue of Bravery, of being willing to stand in the fire for his fellow students, Kakita Kenji

For the Virtue of Resilience, toughness, stubbornness, the inability to give up no matter the odds, Moto Ichiro

For the Virtue of Sincerity, being he who can be trusted in everyone to have anothers back, Iuchi Prashant

For the Virtue of Charisma, he who can make everyone pay attention to him, and go along with whatever is asked, Kokyu of the Mantis

And finally for the Virtue of Wits and Intelligence , the person who is considered the smartest, academically, can plan things and think things through, it was another close race, and almost went to our top student, is Asako Saburo had not already withdrawn from all competitions, Instead it is to be awarded to Kaiu Aiichiro.
Last edited by Miya Wyn on Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:03 pm

He blinked a few times. He didn't get to see Saburo a lot, specially not doing anything smart, but he was scored on top of the class every day. Still, if he withdrew himself from everything, it would be dumb to insist on giving him the prize later.
So he bowed.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:22 pm

Kokyou makes sure to deliver the item to each one of the awarded, and finally, takes one to himself.

Raising it high, he says, "Additionally, I would like to invite all the students, the sensei –– also a special guest that made me learn a great lesson. He's not as famous as me, but one that left his mark on the students... the bushi more than any other –– Anyhow: a boat trip, with me, to my own home town, my kokyou: Kyuden Gotei. Yes! The most magnificent, exotic and exhilarating locale after the Imperial Palace itself. Preferably during the summer. But then again, it is like summer most of the times there."

He bows.
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:30 am

Bayushi Jiro wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:04 pm
Jiro's eyes widened slightly. "Konbanwa...I...do not think I have seen you here before, cousin. Are you from the village?" Are you, in fact, mostly Crane?
Perception/Investigation=17
Harushi sighed. "I should have known this was a popularity contest. Sad neh... you should have won."
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:35 am

Jiro performed a one-shoulder shrug. "A Scorpion need not be popular, so long as he is feared." Bayushi Jiro looked over to his cousin with a smile. "Though it is nice to know that several people think me beautiful. I am not without some pride."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:52 am

Kakita Kenji wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:36 pm
Kenji lifted his Head.

Kokyou organized this? He thought.

He watched the scene with interest
Kazuko, too, is surprised when she hears that Kokyou organized it but smiles when Kenji's name is announced. It was not the category she had voted him for, but he deserved a prize nonetheless. Seeing him a bit speechless and dumbfounded, she nudges him discreetly to go up and collect his prize and quietly congratulates him under the clamor.
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:19 am

Bayushi Jiro wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:35 am
Jiro performed a one-shoulder shrug. "A Scorpion need not be popular, so long as he is feared." Bayushi Jiro looked over to his cousin with a smile. "Though it is nice to know that several people think me beautiful. I am not without some pride."
Harushi took a fan out and smiled. "Excellent, Jiro kun. Besides beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is sad that Kaidan kun wasn't here to contest the sincerity one." He moved closed to the Bayushi. "I heard that this Iuchi stood up Kaidan kun for a spar."
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 am

Seeing Kazuko nudging to him, he was just about to get up and go through the three rituals when Kokyou pressed the katana stone into his hand. Even more confused than already he sat down again. He had to shake his head a little when Kokyou proclaimed his announcement.

This guy, who is he trying to impress? Himself? he thought.

At least the stone was beautiful. Kenji would definitely cherish it and he couldn't forget to thank Kokyou and, as it seemed, Wyn for that.
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:21 am

"Well, good job he didn't win the Courageous award, then. I would imagine that that has made Kaidan-kun quite...annoyed."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:34 am

The Iuchi had been eating happily and talking mostly to those around him so far (because his player has been having a hard time keeping up these days o.o). He looks at Kokyou grinning when he starts speaking - it was no surprise to him that he had organized that.

The prizes and Wyn's involvement, on the other hand, did surprise him - and even more the fact that he has been considered the most trusted. It took some time to sink in, and when he did stand up - after applauding all the other nominees - he seemed about as uncertain as he was at the end of the Go tournament. He looks at the other Unicorn around him and at the Miya, though, and goes back to his usual calm self, bowing to Kokyou and to the Miya when his turn came.

"Thank you very much, Kokyou-san, and thanks to you too for organising this, Miya-san. I... Am honoured", he says, his gentle smile showing a bit of a grin. "Also slightly surprised, I guess.. but honoured!", he says with a side look to the Mantis.

After he is back, he looks around the gathering for the Togashi, and for Kaidan... Who he doesn't see around. He then walks towards Jiro.

"If you will excuse me, Bayushi-san, er... Bayushi-san?", He bows to the courtier and the other boy standing by him. He does pause a bit when he sees him, but then continues without mentioning anything "A pity I haven't had the chance to meet you before, Bayushi-san!", he says to the boy, bowing again. "This meal is a wonderful finish to this time here's isn't it? I regret not having had more time to spend with other of the students - Bayushi-san-tachi included. I did greatly enjoy our games though, Bayushi Jiro-san. Perhaps we may have the chance to meet for another game at some time in the future." He smiles, genuinely hoping so, but he had something else to talk about.

"Speaking of which... I have noticed Bayushi Kaidan-san does not appear to have made it to this meal, so..
might I ask you to please give him apologies and extend an offer to him? I have unfortunately not met him on the occasions I went to the dojo after the planned training, and so I ended up being him the second sparring we had planned. It is rather late now, but if you do see him, could you send word that I would be honoured to meet him for a quick match and a conversation, perhaps first thing tomorrow before we get ready to leave... or maybe later today if that would suit him better?"

He smiles warmly at Jiro and the white-haired scorpion, then bows again, slightly lower than usual. "Doumo arigatou gozaimasu, Bayushi-san-tachi!"

OOC
Day 10 Dog - Inv/Per Vs Kaidan's disguise: 5d10o10k3 29

EDIT: for some reason I read things badly and thought Kaidan was dressed as a girl. My bad! Edited that out
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:53 am

Bayushi Jiro wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:21 am
"Well, good job he didn't win the Courageous award, then. I would imagine that that has made Kaidan-kun quite...annoyed."
Harushi giggled from behind his fan. "He doesn't seem like a guy to be annoyed by such frivolous things." The white scorpion sipped gingerly his tea. "I think you might be wondering who am I Jiro kun."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:39 am

"I assumed when you dodged the question earlier, that you had a reason to keep it secret." Jiro tilted his head. "Are you saying you are willing to divulge?"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:07 am

He looked at Prashant. "Your message will be delivered and he knows. You may find him singing a nice tune on the way to the dorms." He looked at Jiro. "I am the White Scorpion from the Painted City."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:08 am

The Unicorn bows to both Scorpion, smiling warmly. "Thank you very much, Bayushi-san. I will be sure to seek him out then", he says, then asks them to excuse him and leaves them to continue their conversation unbothered.

He then looks for the Togashi, searching for something in his Obi
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 am

Dao wasn't hard to find, the young Dragon student was almost overwhelmed by the banquet that had been laid out and was trying his best to maintain some decorum in the face of so many delicious looking dishes.

"Where should one even start?" He asks Prashant's advice with a friendly smile.
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 pm

Miya Wyn wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:58 pm
For the Virtue of Beauty, the epitome of showing an example to all of us of how a samurai should behave we present to Otomo Nobuko, though it was a very close match, and it must be said the Bayushi Jiro almost overcame the great Imperial in the voting, and of course the Beautiful Doji Sakura very close behind.
Kokyou wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:36 pm
...stone trophies –– in the same color of the stones used to warm the bathing pools –– their forms are revealed with the proper kanji in miniatures of:

- Beauty: A Mask
Nobuko rose when her name was called, bowing to the room at large before walking sedately to the place where the trophies were set up. Once there, she bowed again to Kokyou and then to Miya Wyn.

"Thank you both for putting together this surprise. I am happy to have been found virtuous," she smiled, voice soft, but wry as she found the whole thing very amusing. "And very pleased to have been seen in such good company as Bayushi-san and Doji-san."

Another bow and she accepted the 'trophy', then turned to face the room, bowed a final time, and finally moved to go back to her seat. What a pleasant surprise and such a fun idea the two had.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:55 pm

Ginkarasu applauds Nobuko, Kenji and Aiichiro's wins from his seat, happy his friends had been seen.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Togashi Dao wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 am
Dao wasn't hard to find, the young Dragon student was almost overwhelmed by the banquet that had been laid out and was trying his best to maintain some decorum in the face of so many delicious looking dishes.

"Where should one even start?" He asks Prashant's advice with a friendly smile.
"It is quite a quandary with so much to choose from, ne, Togashi-san?", the Unicorn says, after bowing to greet the Dragon. "I've found the Mukozuke particularly tasty and refreshing, if I may make a suggestion!", he completes, smiling.

He then takes his hand to his obi, close to where he has stored his 'sincerity/trusted' stone, and gets something. "If I may ask, Togashi-san - has a stone for your Go set already found its way to you during this time here?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Dog”