Kaiu Specialty

Kaiu Aiichiro

Kaiu Specialty

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:36 am

The Kaiu was trying out the cape, trying to discover it, desesperate for the test that would come. He tried to meditate again to gain clarity — it was what meditation was for, right? He did not feel balance... He felt unbalance. And lost his track of time on it. It was if as the elements inside him changed and twisted. He lost the grace of air and thus balance, but earth was there to soothen his fall. He got lost, but water was here to correlate one thing to another. He got confused, but fire was there. Stronger than ever, a light burning inside, clarity of purpose.
He felt as if everything he knew relationed itself on a strange way. As if he gained more knowledge by those strange bonds. But also felt that they were freckle and temporary. Constantly outsmarting yourself was a curious feeling, a pleasant one.
Day 9 Rooster - Kaiu Specialty - Meditation (Void Recovery)/Void TN 20 to recover void: 5d10o10k3 10
Day 9 Rooster - Kaiu Specialty - Meditation/Void TN 20, waste one void point, to activate the cap - raise Intelligence, lowers Awareness: 5d10o10k3 20

This was the break of work he needed. Now, back to crafting. There was not a place for carpentry per se in the dojo, and open air would not do good. He needed somewhere with a table and that had a relative good silence, but not a sacred silence like the library. He didn't care about being disturbed, but didn't want the noise of the forge. So, conversely enough, he took his materials and his bows of food to the dojo — fruit salad on a separated one. People should be roaming around to bath and eat. It should be silent enough, now clean and he could even leave some shoji open for air to come inside.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Iuchi Prashant

Re: Kaiu Specialty

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 19, 2020 7:25 am

After spending some time centering and recomposing himself, Prashant finds himself walking around, and going towards the dojo. After the intense activity during the last few days, the next day would be their last in there, at least for a long time. It was an odd feeling.

He enters the dojo to find Aiichiro inside, apparently getting some materials ready for some kind of work.

Prash walks towards him, bowing as he smiles. "Kaiu-san, konbanwa. It is a pleasure to meet you again! "

"For a moment I thought you were also just back to the dojo to look at it again since we won't be here much longer", he says, looking around for a while. "But... It seems you have something much more interesting in mind, ne?", He finishes, looking at the table.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 am

He nods back, not wanting to get up only to bow. "Parashianto-san, I must say the same."
This...
Day 9 Rooster Kaiu Specialty - Woodworking/Intelligence TN 22: 6d10o10k5 24
He held up the thing he had been working on for quite a while. It seemed like a bunny over a low cilinder of wood. It was quite visually cute, and seemed to be divided in parts where roughly movable pieces would be. "You may approach. I finished something. You can take it on your hands and test it before I gift it, because after that someone else and they may not allow you to. And you don't get to play with Kaiu marvels everyday, do you? Like, those things are so common where I live, but people here seemed really in awe thinking of mechanical toys."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:21 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:36 am
He nods back, not wanting to get up only to bow. "Parashianto-san, I must say the same."
This...
Day 9 Rooster Kaiu Specialty - Woodworking/Intelligence TN 22: 6d10o10k5 24
He held up the thing he had been working on for quite a while. It seemed like a bunny over a low cilinder of wood. It was quite visually cute, and seemed to be divided in parts where roughly movable pieces would be. "You may approach. I finished something. You can take it on your hands and test it before I gift it, because after that someone else and they may not allow you to. And you don't get to play with Kaiu marvels everyday, do you? Like, those things are so common where I live, but people here seemed really in awe thinking of mechanical toys."

The Unicorn looks at the you for a moment before allowing himself to touch it. "It is really interesting, Kaiu-san!" He looks at it closely. "So... It does move, then? This is so cute", he says, smiling. It is as if he didn't quite expect something like that coming from the Kaiu - although at the same time it made some sense
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:23 am

"Push the button under it, please." He says in a casual tone, but also expecting. It should be able to fall even if you pushed it without knowing this kind of toys.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:57 am

He does it, and his eyes brighten as the bunny lowers itself, down to the point where it almost looks like it fainted, then he slowly releases the bottom and the bunny rises again. He then tries to make the bunny look almost as if it were bowing.

"Kaiu-san, this is really lovely", he says, his eyes shining. "I guess it makes sense that the Kaiu would excel at such things too", he says, looking at his... friend? He hadn't thought about it yet, but he sort of felt that way. "For some reason I hadn't expected it, but it makes sense", he says, smiling agaun.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:20 am

He smiled sligthly, with fascination on how Prashant understood quickly the object. That was the purpose, so it meant good design. "It uses a mechanism that we one day tried on catapults, but found out that it would take more strength to activate it than a normal engine, so we let it aside. Although maybe it would be useful to quickly fire one shot. But no siege engine is made to fire quickly, neither only one shot, so it would be a waste of space."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:16 am

The Iuchi keeps trying to make the bunny do a variety of poses while he talks to the Kaiu, and makes it bow to him again as he answers.

"I see! That is a... Really interesting and lovely use of what might have been a waster opportunity otherwise! Isn't it funny that plans for a tool of war would end up becoming a tool for making people smile? I find it a lovely coincidence", he says, clearly delighted with the toy. "I wish my sisters could see one of those"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:36 pm

The Iuchi was so happily excited. This was refreshing. This entire place was. Not having the doom of war on your footstep. He took a deep breath, feeling peace.
"Well, all Clans have something special and amazing to show, don't they? I have neither seen an Unicorn horse either, nor an Agasha connocotion."
Aiichirō started to organize his things back. "Now I need to see a servant to guard those where they belong.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:15 pm

The Iuchi made a few more poses with the bunny before respectfully giving the toy back.

"I suppose! It's just that ... I am certain Kaiu made armour, or a Kaiu-built fortress, are sights to behold. They are amazing things the Crab, and Kaiu-san's family more specifically, are well known for. This here... It is a marvel I hadn't expected - and that makes it doubly as interesting", he says, respectfully but still smiling.

"Well, I wouldn't want to hold you, Kaiu-san. Thank you for showing me this", he says, bowing. "Would I bother if I keep your company a while longer while we look for a servant?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Rooster”