Light sparring before a light breakfast

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Light sparring before a light breakfast

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:21 pm

"First option is simpler, but I'm out if I get hit too much." Aiichirō positions himself. "Are you ready, Kaito-san? As well, I must compliment your performance last day."
D8 Hare - Initiative against Kaito Haruki: 3d10o10k2 14
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:26 pm

"I wouldn't expect anything less, limits are important to know. Hopefully I get to see how you handle the thick of things this time though? I was too busy looking at all the invaders last night." He swings and misses, but barely, he could almost hide the lack of experience with the weapon!

D8 Hare: Initiative Vs Kaiu Aiichiro: 4d10o10k3 17

D8 Hare: Spears/Agility Unskilled TN 15: 3d10 13
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:43 pm

"Thank you for protecting us all, Kaito-san." He says briefly as he dodged the yari by little, trying to hit the Phoenix with the naginata in return but also attacking the air.
D8 Hare - Crab Hands (Naginata)/Agi against Kaito Haruki: 3d10o10k2 16
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:46 pm

"Trust me, it's not as easy to dodge all these attacks as it looks."

D8 Hare: Spears/Agility Unskilled TN 15: 3d10 21
D8 Hare: Spears Damage: 2d10o10l1 2
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:58 pm

"I know. That's why I am thanking you." He replies, taking a Yari right on the back.
D8 Hare - Crab Hands (Naginata)/Agi against Kaito Haruki: 3d10o10k2 12

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:04 pm

"Tell you what, let's make this more exciting. I'll come at you with full force, like what Moto-san did." Switch to Full Attack Stance, ATN now 10.

D8 Hare: Spears/Agility Unskilled TN 15, full attack: 5d10k4 32
D8 Hare: 3rd spear attack, raise for damage: 3d10o10l1 1 Keeping 3 instead, more fun that way and we'll be here all day if I don't

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:09 pm

He blow striked him again, even if the Crab tried to defend himself. He noticed a glancing obvious point the Haruki got uncovered and tried to hit it, but again missed.
D8 Hare - Crab Hands (Naginata)/Agi against Kaito Haruki: 3d10o10k2 8

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Noticing an opening, Haruki gets a more solid hit on the midsection. Doing exactly what he planned, create a false weakness to lure the enemy into a better attack.

D8 Hare: Spears/Agility Unskilled TN 15, full attack: 5d10k4 29
D8 Hare: 4th spear attack, raise for damage: 3d10o10k1 8 Keeping 6 instead, that should put you at 11 wounds.

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 pm

He tries to attack the Kaito one more time, cheering for finally hitting his first blow. "Your defense is not impenetrable!" He got pretty proud.
D8 Hare - Crab Hands (Naginata)/Agi against Kaito Haruki: 3d10o10k2 13
D8 Hare - Wooden Naginata Damage against Kaito Haruki.: 3d10o10l1 2

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 pm

"Indeed it is not, but being aware of your abilities does help. Good job." He bows, a little wince escapes for a bit as he comes back up. Barely even noticeable, but it sure is a change of pace from the confidence he shows every time he sparred before.

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Kazuko is hyped up after watching you two trade blows. She's quite impressed with the performance you two put up although she is a bit concerned that the pain might linger for a little while.

"Wow, that was fun to watch! Haruki-san, you're really good with a yari! Aiichiro-san, you held off a lot of attacks and that was a clever move at the end there!"
Crane Clan | Bushi | Profile | Way Better than Kotomi
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 2.4 | TP: 252 (ty oleanderpoison!)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 pm

"Why thank you, now would you like some pointers on how to dodge blows like I did? I doubt we'll have another surprise like last night, but better safe than sorry right?"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:33 pm

"I really need to train my hitting. But not with that big of a weapon. It was not a smart choice." He puts back the naginata and takes his bokken. "So I can help on this."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:46 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:31 pm
"Why thank you, now would you like some pointers on how to dodge blows like I did? I doubt we'll have another surprise like last night, but better safe than sorry right?"
Kazuko's smile falters a little bit at the memory of last night but it's back just as quickly as she takes a defensive stance.

"Yea, you did amazingly holding off all of those goblins! How did you do it?"

---

ATN: 19 (15 normally + 2 air + 2 defense)
Equipment: Daisho/Light Armor where allowed, Fancy Clothes, Expensive Crane Hairpin (5 koku) and Earrings (2 koku), Fan

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:58 pm

"Sure, so unlike with a typical iaijutsu match where everyone does the same thing at almost the exact same time. A skirmish has more factors that must be in your mind at all times. When I decided to take the front line, I started by thinning the ranks a bit to make it more maintainable. Then it's a matter of seeing the rhythm of the battlefield. To make my point better, I'll actually not use a weapon and you can just watch how my extremities move." He then drops the yari and lowers his weight, kicking at her feet with his. Barely missing her legs as he miscalculates the distance between the two.

D8 Hare: Jujitsu/Agility, 2 raises, Knockdown, TN 23: 6d10o10k3 21

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm

"As Akodo-sensei put it." He replied simply. Trying to land the attacks made him run out of breath pretty frequently. Maybe he should stop talking midbattle.
D8 Hare - Kenjutsu/Agility against Kazuko, TN 19: 4d10o10k2 13

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:33 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:58 pm
"Sure, so unlike with a typical iaijutsu match where everyone does the same thing at almost the exact same time. A skirmish has more factors that must be in your mind at all times. When I decided to take the front line, I started by thinning the ranks a bit to make it more maintainable. Then it's a matter of seeing the rhythm of the battlefield. To make my point better, I'll actually not use a weapon and you can just watch how my extremities move." He then drops the yari and lowers his weight, kicking at her feet with his. Barely missing her legs as he miscalculates the distance between the two.

D8 Hare: Jujitsu/Agility, 2 raises, Knockdown, TN 23: 6d10o10k3 21
"W-woah! That was close!"

Kazuko is barely able to maintain balance while keeping her eyes on Haruki's movements.

"So how do you see this rhythm in an actual battlefield? In a war, that could mean hundreds of little skirmishes on each side! The tides of battle could change at a moments notice."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm

"All I can say is practice defending against attacks, it won't work on a full blown battlefield. That is a different skillset all together, just like how my ability to defend in a skirmish did nothing to help with iaijutsu."

Kakita Kazuko

Post by Kakita Kazuko » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:38 pm

Kaito Haruki wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:36 pm
"All I can say is practice defending against attacks, it won't work on a full blown battlefield. That is a different skillset all together, just like how my ability to defend in a skirmish did nothing to help with iaijutsu."
Kazuko nods, focusing more intently on defending attacks rather than speculating how a full blown battle would work.

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:20 pm

While in the middle of the conversation, he sweeps the leg, making a forceful contact.

D8 Hare: Jujitsu/Agility, 2 raises, Knockdown, TN 26: 6d10o10k3 29
D8 Hare: Damage, 3 ranks in Jiujutsu: 3d10o10k1 8
Contested Strength roll, knockdown maneuver D8 Hare: 2d10o10k2 8

Roll strength keep strength, exploding to contest the TN 8 knockdown.

Return to “Hare”