Second Line of Defense

Mai

Re: Second Line of Defense

Post by Mai » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:58 am

Mai mutters to herself. "Why does this sort of thing keep happening when I go to sleep?"

She shakes her head. "What can I do to help?"
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:28 am

"Assist in barricades and making sure there are supplies for the wounded. There appear to be sensei out, guarding the forge with the students still there. And a large pit for some reason. I don't know where it came from. The goblins appear to have come out of that hole they were guarding in the forge." A grunt and a shake of his head. This site would likely need to be cordoned off at some point even if the classes did continue for the time being.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:13 am

"I remember my sensei saying jade is important. He said that if something from... there touches you, you should use jade to touch that part." Mai then goes to to help with supplies.

D7 Dog: Lore: Shadowlands/Intelligence VOID for Skill: 3d10o10k2 13
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:40 am

"Ah!", the Unicorn exclaims from near the door. "So that's what Jade did! I thought I remembered some mention that it had spiritual properties!"

He nods to the Mantis girl "Thanks Mai-san!"
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:59 pm

"It does look like there is a second wave of Goblins coming, I wonder if the wounded from the first battle could be retrieved and brought in here."
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:07 pm

Between the first goblin attack and the second, Otomo Nobuko was brought in to the barracks. Getting her further inside to the triage station took a little more time by those who were not rushing back out to stand and fight.

But she did make it at some point. Though, of course, she was still unconscious and wounded. Bleeding out from several long wounds across her stomach, chest, arm, and leg.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:52 pm

The big Moto was brought in too someone had stopped the bleeding and bandaged any big gashes but he was still unconscious.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:02 am

"If they have any wounds, it would not be a terrible idea to touch jade to those, just to be safe," Saburo commented distantly, nodding to them. "I haven't completed my medical training, though, so it is best if I assist in bandage, not take the lead in it." For someone as worried about disease as he could be, he had paltry actual experience with it.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:30 am

"Ano...I have a few bags of Jade powder at the barracks. Should I go get them?" Sakura said, speaking up
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:35 am

"I think that's a good idea, Doji-san. Is it too far? Wouldn't want more of us to fall prey to these creatures." He looks around at those gathered. "Asako-san, Mai-san or I could go with you to make sure you come back safe with it if needed."

He looks at the Asako. "Asako-san, I haven't had much training in first aid either, but I've seen it done a few times. At this point I think we'd do well to try, unless... " He looks at the others. "Mai-san, Miya-san, does one of you have proper training in medicine?"
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:36 am

"That would probably do. Just hurry and don't get too much of it in the wounds, or any. That would probably not be good for them," he said, nodding to her. Time felt like it was important here, if it mattered at all. None of their wounds looked like bite or claw marks, and hopefully the blades themselves hadn't been tainted.

"Yes, I am willing to assist either way." He could probably at least bandage wounds.

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:00 am

"It's not too far, it's just.." Sakura went to the window where Prashant and Saburo were "it's over there, just past the fighting."

She was pointing exactly where the goblins had been coming from.
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:26 am

Prash follows her pointing with his eyes.

"Oh..." he seems worried for a bit, then looks at Saburo and Sakura. "Maybe... Well, I could try to go with Doji-san while Asako-san helps with the bandages. If there's no other way." He looks at Mai and Saburo, then at Sakura. "Touching Doji-san's Jade knife to the wounds probably wouldn't work... Would it?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:14 am

"What? My tanto?" Sakura looked concerned "ano...I only just finished it..."

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:14 am

He enters the barracks quite hurriedly, bokken in hand, having to push aside a few futons first. He doubted their efectiveness, but there was not else much to do to slow down invaders. Aiichiro steps right at the side of the injured.
"Did any of you used jade to touch their wounds?"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:28 am

The chaos of the fighting over and the battle one, the Asako sensei comes into the student barracks in a rush, a look of great concern on her face.

"Where are those who were gravely injured? Show me to them now, if you please"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:30 am

Ichiro followed dutifully behind the sensei. The young man looked that mix of tired and giddy from burnt adrenaline and, other than a well bandaged wound on his side, none the worse for wear.
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:15 am

He interpreted the silence as a "no". Aiichiro took a deep breath, it was too late now. They could teach them about the taint, but only later. He had more to do now, leaving the barracks.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:43 am

ichiro was on a futon not too far from the entrance and next to him lay Nobuko. Both unconscious but most of Ichiro's dangerous wounds had been dealt with.

----------------------

Ichiro is at 18/39 just barely into out
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:56 am

"Would touching a weapon to their wounds do, Kaiu-san? We were thinking of going to fetch some Jade powder from the forge, but weren't sure how to do it because of the ongoing battle... Then we thought maybe even touching the wounds with Doji-san's weapon might help, odd as that might sound..."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Return to “Dog”