Unarmed Training

Kaiu Aiichiro

Re: Unarmed Training

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 am

(OOC: Dice are good. Let's roll.)
Saburo had the right position, but looked sick. Analyzing him turned either to be a fatal distraction or a fatal underminating for Aiichiro, though, because he didn't even assume the pose.
That's why you don't go easy on people.

D2 Hour of the Serpent: Jiujitsu against Saburo: 1d10 1
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:50 am

It was perilous to assume that the appearance of the boy was a sign of his abilities in the study. No, he lacked any real physical strength behind him, not like the Moto had. However, while he lacked physical might, his hands quickly gripped at the proper angle and leverage was behind him. He pushed and Aiichiro would soon find his feet at the edge of the circle. Saburo grunted and stepped back, bowing once.

"Again, Kaiu-san. Keep your balance lower to the ground. Grip to produce leverage. I am told your family are as engineers, building structures, yes? Treat me as a wall you wish to topple. Use your arms as the posts." He might look sickly, but he wasn't actually sick per se. He was vunerable and not physically well. The difference could be telling in its own ways.

============

Contested Strength/Jiu: 9
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:30 am

When outside the ring, surprised by how quick it was, Aiichiro too bowed as a sign of respect, further analyzing how the guy was — his constituition was familiar, like his mother's. He moved his body following Saburo's feedback, trying to find a fit on which posture to stay on, until he found a satisfactory one.
A wall you wished to topple. You used battering rams for bringing down many things, but sometimes it was simpler to bury the terrain under then. "So, do you wish me to strike with force on your center of mass, or do you wish me to strike at your feet? Both look quite like low tricks compared to what we are doing now." He said.
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:46 am

He positioned himself low to the ground, hands at the knees and both legs apart widely. It gave him a very solid but low body posture. A shake of his head. "Not the legs, though if you were to do that in the field of battle, victory is victory. A certain amount of improvisation is common. No, bring your hands to my midriff. Try to grip at the center of the body mass and leverage up. If I lose footing, or you, it is easy to lose inches... then feet in distance."
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:13 am

"I see. I have to slide my feet then, rather than step." He foccuses on mirroring Saburo's pose. It felt low and solid, and thus throwing him to the ground was very, very unlikely. The best strategy was really to lift and push. The position was stable but had his knees bent, which felt tiring as he waited for a first move. He analyzed Saburo's position on opportunities to strike whilst that.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 am

"If you feel a strain, good. Your body should ache after repeatedly doing this," he said, nodding. There was a quick motion with his hands and he telegraphed the moment of his approach as best he could, but regardless, he was coming in hard and fast, ready for whatever might come.

=====

Contested Strength/Jiu: 9 (Man, that 1k0 really does have an impact.)

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 am

He was still losing, but doing better this time. The same thing he used before with Kenji, of enduring then trying to push with overwhelming — Crab style of fighting — but now only on the enduring part. "I feel the strain." He says between breaths.

Day 2 Serpent Unarmed Training - Jiujitsu against Saburo: 1d10 6

Kitsune Setsuna

Post by Kitsune Setsuna » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:28 am

• Kitsune Setsuna showed up at some point to check out the Jiujitsu training that was supposed to be happening with Hida-sensei, a short time after the Kaiu had done so He was like a willowy ghost, standing off to the side and slightly apart from everyone else as they got paired off. Not a word was spoken except for a murmured greeting to the sensei after a polite bow but otherwise he... just observed. He wasn't sure what questions to ask, out of mystified ignorance, so he just... creeped, would be the best way to put it.

Sure he could be friendly, but he also did not wish to interrupt anyone who was working hard.
I would like to use my Sensei Ally from Day 1 to gain +1 to Jiujitsu.
PROFILE🦊
► KITSUNE NO BYAKO SETSUNA
  • Fox ☆ Shugenja ☆ Courtier
  • Honor ☆ What Is Expected
  • Status ☆ 0.5
  • Glory ☆ 0.7
  • Dojo Points ☆ 37 D4
  • Gear ☆ Student Clothes, sandals
    “The truth is always simple. Liars make things complicated.” - Shinsei
🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:04 am

Kitsune Setsuna wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:28 am
  • Kitsune Setsuna showed up at some point to check out the Jiujitsu training that was supposed to be happening with Hida-sensei, a short time after the Kaiu had done so He was like a willowy ghost, standing off to the side and slightly apart from everyone else as they got paired off. Not a word was spoken except for a murmured greeting to the sensei after a polite bow but otherwise he... just observed. He wasn't sure what questions to ask, out of mystified ignorance, so he just... creeped, would be the best way to put it.

Sure he could be friendly, but he also did not wish to interrupt anyone who was working hard.

The large Moto boy saw the smaller kid come in and just observe for a few moments, he took a deep breath to center himself before approaching the smaller boy. "Come on, you'll never learn watching." he said bluntly and getting into the ring "whoever pushes their opponent out first wins. Simple but teaches a lot." he dropped low bending his knees and shifting his weight forward on the balls of his feet with one foot slightly back.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Kitsune Setsuna

Post by Kitsune Setsuna » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:24 am

• The boy idly twisted a long strand of his unusual hair around his finger, but nodded and obeyed the much larger Unicorn. His tabi covered feet barely made much of a sound other than the occasional rustle on the floor of the dojo, until they found themselves within the ring that he was supposed to be in. "Kitsune Setsuna, of the Fox clan," he would introduce himself with a low bow, crimson eyes downwards to the floor until he straightened himself up. A slight upwards tilt of his head, but he would match the bigger boy's gaze, before beginning to imitate his posture. His center of gravity dropped slightly, and one foot shifted backwards. "Pleased to make your acquaintance, Unicorn-sama."

Though, he wasn't sure quite what to do with his hands yet. He held them slightly in front of his chest, alternating between making fists and open palm. Hoh man, he would have to push the man back and out-- a monumental task. "Are you one of the bar- bari... baroque? Unicorn wrestlers?"
PROFILE🦊
  • Status ☆ 0.5
  • Glory ☆ 0.7
  • Dojo Points ☆ 37 D4
🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:19 am

"Moto." he was his only reply before nodding to the other boy to indicate a start to the bout. He lunged in with skill and deft ability wrapping the smaller boy in his strong arms before attempting to throw him from the ring. Unless the boy was much more skilled, much stronger, or much luckier than he appeared the larger Moto was surely to succeed.

---------------------------------------------------
D2 serpent contested juijutsu/strength: 4d10o10k2 22

Kitsune Setsuna

Post by Kitsune Setsuna » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:31 am

• The Kitsune took a moment to blink and take a deep breath. His timing was awful, and before he knew it there was all sorts of pressure around him. Eyes flew open, about as large as saucers, and though his posture had been good-- that was it. The relationship between his tabi and the floor had to be updated to long distance because it was going to get complicated in these upcoming seconds.

Strangely this was like the closest thing to a hug the boy had in a while but he now was not the time to think about that, before the pressure lessened. The wind flew past his hair, but this wasn't no air kami trying to tell him anything. Strange. Flying was not as fun as one would imagine, at least not on Moto airlines. A reverberating THUD as he landed on his back, landing with the grace of a toad doing a cannonball as he laid all sprawled out. Stunned, he just held his position, eyes back to being squeezed shut. He was clear of the ring by at least 8 feet.

"Am I still in the circle?" A weak laugh followed, because he wasn't sure if he was serious or trying to joke.

PROFILE🦊
  • Status ☆ 0.5
  • Glory ☆ 0.7
  • Dojo Points ☆ 37 D4
🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:42 am

The Moto offered the boy a hand up "You're weak but that can be worked on, You need to balance better and drop a little lower in your stance. Unless you plan to do some serious bulking you need to study techniques that rely on speed and agility not unlike bariqu." he paused a little "Surprised you've heard of it, not too many outside of the unicorn do."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:52 am

Kaiu Aiichiro wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 am
He was still losing, but doing better this time. The same thing he used before with Kenji, of enduring then trying to push with overwhelming — Crab style of fighting — but now only on the enduring part. "I feel the strain." He says between breaths.

Day 2 Serpent Unarmed Training - Jiujitsu against Saburo: 1d10 6
The arrival of another student was something of a small distraction. His head was still in the game, as it were, but he grunted as the match continued into the second round. "Good. If you feel the burn that means that the match is getting into your bones."

Contested Str/Jiu: 5

Kitsune Setsuna

Post by Kitsune Setsuna » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:05 am

• Weak. Hngh. He would need to get more strength or something then, because he had felt a strange sensation when the Moto had ringed him out; a sort of helplessness. "I do not think I can get much more muscular." The offered hand was accepted without even a blink of hesitation, and he would pull himself to a stand. His reddish brown kimono had a scuff mark on the back, and the floor had left it's stamp on his skin, but after a ginger adjustment he seemed to be relatively uninjured. "Balance. Lower." The boy would repeat, a hint of determination in his voice. Thankfully he had come here with his head bowed and no sense of ego, prepared to learn. And man did he get learned. "I... my father was a bushi. He was strong, quick and brave, but in the painting of him that was drawn on his wedding, he was not a large man." Some stray bangs got into his eyes and he blew them out of his vision. "But speed and agility, you say? I can do that. I... will probably have to read more and learn what styles focus on that, if I ever want to be taken seriously." A small laugh fell from his lips.

"I saw a bariqu," he said the word perfectly this time, "warrior once, when I was younger. In my village visitors are extremely rare, but he was a sight that I could not forget. Clad in purple furs with a pointy hat, and he was as wide as some of our trees. He went hunting for a boar that was causing havoc in the fields, destroying crops, and brought it down with only his bare hands before carrying it back. He even demonstrated how he did it, picking up some of the girls and holding them over his head while they laughed. Moto Arsran." Though with the way he said that given name, it was clear he meant 'Arslan.' "Before my journey here, I could literally count on my hands the number of outsiders I have seen, but they were all very memorable." God he talked too much. "Sorry, I have never been thrown like that before. When the blood pumps through my veins so fiercely, I talk more than I should."
PROFILE🦊
  • Status ☆ 0.5
  • Glory ☆ 0.7
  • Dojo Points ☆ 37 D4
🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:10 am

He did indeed get better with his new small corrections, being able to grapple Saburo by passing his arm over his shoulder, pushing his opposite arm back and forcing his joints to overextend, whilst holding his other arm alongside to his midriff.

D2 Hour of the Serpent - Jiujitsu against Saburo: 1d10 8

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:16 am

"Ngh... Much better. Now we are testing each other's stamina. To see who will endure." As he spoke, he started to refocus his attention, dipping down to get the leverage back as he neared the edge of the circle, starting to push back with real force behind him. No, he was not giving up quite so easily.

Contested Str/Jiu: 8

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:43 am

Aiichirō stopped his advance with a sidestep at the middle of the ring, trying to push Saburo kind of downwards. He wasn't aware that this was a win condition, just tried to make him easier to push around.
"I passed. Now test yours." He said, trying to tower his weight over the adversary's shoulders.

D2 Serpent unskilled Jiu/Str against Saburo Round#3: 1d10 10

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:55 pm

"Very well, Kaiu-san." As he said that, he allowed his knees to drop, causing the other man's hands to slip just past the shoulders. When he did, he brought his full weight up hard, hands grabbing at the hips. With a heave, he put his back into the thrust and pushed hard to take him off balance. The Kaiu had demonstrated that he was picking up on this, but Saburo had experience with actually doing it, and this was one of those moments where that came into play.

====
Contested/Jiu: 16

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:14 pm

He looked below, and saw he was far outside the ring. Aiichiro let go of Saburo and bowed. "This was an insightful training. Thank you for being my partner on it, Asako-san." He then positioned himself on the back of the room, watching the fight between Ichiro and Setsuna develop. "Know who is the white-haired one?" He asked Saburo in a low volume. "I think this place has more Cranes than I thought."

Return to “Serpent”