Mochi for Sale, Barracks

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Mochi for Sale, Barracks

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:59 am

Ginkarasu staked out a bit of the barracks to display some of his wrapped mochi. He sat on a blanket and had the mochi up on his folding stool, while he looked over the notes he had taken during the lore lesson. So much information people knew! So many different clans!

Surely people would be interested in buying mochi! He kept his big straw hat on just like his aunt had always told him to when he was near people trying to buy things.
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Miya Wyn

Re: Mochi for Sale, Barracks

Post by Miya Wyn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:20 am

A small figure walks over to where the Crab is starting to set up, "Mochi....ohhh What kind do you have?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:48 am

Ginkarasu looks up and grins real wide, then bows. He then readjusts the straw hat he's wearing after it falls during his bow.

Unperturbed by the hat, "You're in luck! I've got a few different kinds yet, and a few of each type! I have a few matcha, the always tasty red bean, two Sakura mochi left, a couple kusamochi, and some white bean. Most of them are daifuku mochi as you can tell." He looks down at his papers and then up to Wyn. "Miya-sama! You might like to know my parents were bringing some of the Sakura mochi to Otosan Uchi to be tasted by the Emperor's taste testers for a future festival!"
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:18 pm

"Oh I would very much like to taste the Sakura Mochi then...I have never had Mochi made of flowers before, it sounds like it must be wonderful, yes?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:41 pm

He nods, the straw hat dipping up and down. "Okay! You can have it in exchange for whatever amount of money you think is fair!"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:49 am

"Oh um... you mean like a donation? To the honorable Crab clan for the defense of the wall?" He rummages a second and comes up with a BU coin, placing it on the table, "There will that help give the troops some Mochi too?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 am

"Yes! I'm bringing coins back to the Wall and you get mochi!" He looks to the bu coin and then to Wyn. "Is that okay?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:01 am

"I think so...isn't that how the whole empire thing works?" He smiles.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 am

A nod. "Yes I think so! Plus honor and bushido and swords." He smiles and points out the Sakura mochi.

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:35 am

Wyn takes the Sakura Mochi indicated and takes a nice bit out of it, smiling and savoring the taste. "Oh this is very good Yasuki-San"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:36 am

A great big smile, "Good! When I write home, I'll make sure to tell them you think so! What's the right way to write your name? I was told I need to practice my calligraphy."

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:59 am

Wyn pulls out the ink brush kit and sets it up in a clear area of the blanket. He slowly and carefully works to draw his name and turns it to show the Yasuki.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:25 am

Ginkarasu copies it with a bit of charcoal. "Thanks Miya-sama!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 pm

After a cansative day, full of trials, Aiichiro could be seen dashing around the field searching for Ginkarasu.
How he eventually found the Yasuki? Simple logic used.
What would Ginkarasu do on his free time with a lot of new people nearby? See how the things are around there, or sell mochi.
So he first searched everywhere to see where Ginkarasu could be found discovering the place, and found no trace of the Yasuki anywhere. So he went irritated and tired back to the barracks with bottle of water on hand, and there, by his surprise, he found Ginkarasu.
"Ginkarasu-san!"
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Health › Healthy (15) ♦ Honor › What is expected.
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.
Mons › Back: Crab Clan | Left shoulder: Kaiu | Right chest: Personal mon

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:37 pm

Wyn smiles and bows in the Kaiu's direction as he finishes his Mochi, "Kaiu san, have you come to try the Mochi?"

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:28 am

Ginkarasu smiles, putting away his papers to preserve the writing for the letter home later. "It's Miya-approved!"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:32 am

He totally didn't see the small person there, and they were a Miya. Oh Hida. His father said that he should be very polite to Imperials. He bows deeply to her.
"No, no, still not buying Mochi. It's because I found another Yasuki here. I didn't see you earlier either, though. What's your name? Mines is Aiichiro."
◘ Crab Clan ♦ Bushi/Artisan ♦ ProfileJournal ♦ UTC -4 ♦ Rolls List Status | 2.0 ♦ Glory | 3.5 ♦ Topaz Points | 208
Carry › Sturdy clothing, sandals, haori, finger of jade, war fans, water bottle, fan, coin bag, 1 koku and 10 zeni.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:34 am

"Kaiu Aiichiro, the Kaiu with the Iron-Will. Another Yasuki?" Ginkarasu looks around, tidying his impromptu stand and straightening the blanket. "That's good! I didn't know any of my cousins would be here!"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:11 am

Wyn bows in the Kaiu "Hai Kaiu san it is good to meet you, I am called Miya Wyn, student of the Imperial Cartographer school"

Kaiu Aiichiro

Post by Kaiu Aiichiro » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:32 am

"Yes. Her name is Yasuki Rini and I told her about you. She was trained as a Hiruma Scout, I think. It is a pleasure to meet you too, Miya-san. What do the Cartographers do?"

Return to “Dog”