A Personal Reward (Parade Grounds)

Togashi Dao

Re: A Personal Reward (Parade Grounds)

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:21 pm

"I am sure the noble earth spirit will appreciate your friendship so much more." Dao replies as he places the rock in Prashant's palm.

"See, perfect fit."
Dragon Clan • Monk • Battlemaster •
Honor: Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 1.7 • Infamy: 1,0
Gear: Student Clothing, Go set.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Prash takes the stone into his hands, feels it in his palm, then closes his eyes and bows to the Togashi again, a gentle grateful smile on his face.

"Since you share your noble newfound friend, Togashi-san, I am most honoured, and shall do my best to respect her and keep her happy while she keeps me company."

When he rises again and opens his eyes, they still beam with gratitude.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:40 pm

"Of course you will." Dao intones respectfully. "If I had any doubts about your character I would not have entrusted her to you Iuchi-sama."

Dao pulls his dead cricket out of his pouch.

"Besides, I already have a friend for this step of my journey. I am not yet sure what he has to teach me, but I imagine that is part of the lesson."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:49 am

He smiles again at the Dragon boy. "I thank you for your kind words, Togashi-san. And it seems you are indeed in good hands - from what I heard, crickets are said to be wise and lucky."

"I'll let you know if I meet a stone that would happy to be part of your set, too.", he lowers his head some, smiling again. "Perhaps Togashi-san would even be interested in teaching me some things about the game, too? I heard great things about it, but only played once or twice."
Last edited by Iuchi Prashant on Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:29 am

"Happily Iuchi-sama, maybe in a few days when we've settled in? I'm sure they've got a complete set around here somewhere. I heard one of the older students talking about losing to an Ikoma last week. Although maybe that was in the town itself...." Dao ponders the likelihood before shrugging.

"Either way, we'll figure out a way to make it work." He adds as he stuffs the cricket back in his pouch.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:52 am

"It's settled then! Maybe you'll even have a complete set for yourself by then.", he smiles again, takes another look at his new rock companion, seems to mutter a word or two, then stacks it into his sleeve.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:06 am

"For that to happen would be nothing less than a miracle Utaku=sama, for each stone in my set is a memory of an event in my life." Dao pulls out an ugly little pebble, barely bigger than the ball of his thumb.

"For instance this one is one I found on my first climb up the mountain towards the High House of Light. I tripped over my own two feet and as I hit the ground I saw this little black pebble all alone. It was the first of my slowly growing collection, a collection I don't expect to finish until much later in my life."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:47 am

Prash looks at the pebble, and he actually seems to find it fascinating.

"Oh, wow, Togashi-san! That's much more than a simple go set you're setting up then" He smiles gently again, and lowers his head for a moment.

"It must have sounded quite rude on my part. I apologise for assuming! I do hope this season here gives you enough to add at least one good stone to your fascinating set, though."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:44 pm

"No offense taken Iuchi-sama, as one of my sensei told me; 'the first wisdom is knowing we have much to learn'." Dao replies cheerily, his words obviously reflected in his mood.

"I can't hold you responsible for not knowing what I hadn't told you yet unless you can read minds. Ummmmm you can't...can you? I've heard of some of the senior monks who can do that you know."

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm

He nods to the Togashi again at his first sentence, then looks serious for some seconds after his question...

... then smiles again. "Well... of course I cannot, Togashi-san. At least now for now! These senior monks sound like very interesting sensei, though!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:52 pm

"Phew!" Dao sighs in relief. "I mean not that there's anything going on in there, I mean nothing secret. Of course there's stuff in there but...."

Dao rolls his eyes in frustration with himself.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Prash laughs silently then goes back to a friendly smile.

"Oh, I understand what you mean, Togashi-san. It would be hard to even think straight if you believe someone has access to everything that crosses your mind!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Togashi Dao

Post by Togashi Dao » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:44 pm

"Especially with what some of the female Togashi wear...or don't wear." Dao suddenly flushes bright red and stammers.

"Errr... I mean....not that I....it's just....aaaaah!"

/exit stage left

Return to “Horse”