Martial Practice

Iuchi Prashant

Re: Martial Practice

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 am

"Well, a samurai improve always and practice until one acts without thinking, ne? Still, from the perspective of one who has but started in the ways of the sword, your form was remarkable"

Prashant smiles gently and bows back to her, presenting himself before standing upright again.

"This is Iuchi Prashant, apprentice Shugenja from the Iuchi provinces. It's an honour to meet you, Akodo-san"

After a moment, he speaks again.

"Is Akodo-san done for today? If you aren't, would you mind some simple sparring training? I have much to improve in both attack and defense, and this would be a good chance to practice", he says, a gentle, welcoming smile on his face.
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:37 pm

Moving closer to the Kuni and the Utaku (she could see mons now!) she added to her previous "maybe I can help?"
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 am
"Well, a samurai improve always and practice until one acts without thinking, ne? Still, from the perspective of one who has but started in the ways of the sword, your form was remarkable"

Prashant smiles gently and bows back to her, presenting himself before standing upright again.

"This is Iuchi Prashant, apprentice Shugenja from the Iuchi provinces. It's an honour to meet you, Akodo-san"

After a moment, he speaks again.

"Is Akodo-san done for today? If you aren't, would you mind some simple sparring training? I have much to improve in both attack and defense, and this would be a good chance to practice", he says, a gentle, welcoming smile on his face.
"You're studying to be a shugenja, but you're wanting to spar?" She seemed surprised by this; but after thinking about it for a moment she realized it probably wasn't a bad idea for the spiritual types to learn how to defend themselves without the use of their fancy magic, and she nodded in agreement.

"I could spar with you. What sort of experience have you had with this type of training so far?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Tough • Clear Thinker
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 0.5 | Glory: 0.5 | Dojo Points: 14
Gear: Student Clothing, Sandals, Fan, Small Knife, Jewelry, Chopsticks, Sake Cup
Often accompanied by Kana-chan, a small pet monkey.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:11 am

"Well, we must often ride with our comrades to battle, Akodo-san, and one shouldn't always depend on others or solely on the kami's blessing in the field!" he says with a gentle smile.

"I've learned at least the basics of defence and offence with swords and martial arts, Akodo-san. Looking up to my mother, I have also started on the way of the draw, although I have much to learn. I'm sure training with Akodo-san with be a great help in that regard!"
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:39 am

Kenji noticed the two other students with bokken and saw that they were talking to each other. Carefully he approached them. "My name is Kakita Kenji, it is an honor to meet you," he said with a bow "It seems you are taught in the way of the sword, would it be possible to join your exercises? Alone it is always somewhat... dull".
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile
Honour: Exceptional | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 5.0 | Infamy: 1.0 | Topaz Points: 95
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Sandals, Travelling Pack

"You own every word you speak" - Shinsei

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:16 am

The Unicorn turns his gaze to the Crane, smiling warmly. His bow is far from well- practiced, but he's clearly trying to be respectful.

"This one is Iuchi Prashant. It is my honour, Kakita-san."

As he gets up, he looks at Yui as if expecting her answer as well, but says already "I always welcome more company for training, Kakita-san. Should we take turns in pairs, or do you have a joint exercise in mind?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:25 am

"I have nothing special in mind, Iuchi-san, my sensei usually lets us have practice duels, but I am open for the training methods of the unicorn or the lion"
Crane Clan | Bushi & Artisan | Your friendly&idealistic neighbourhood Samurai | UTC +2 | Profile

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:28 am

She bowed to the newcomer, and offered her name again. "Akodo Yui. You'd be most welcome to join. I've heard of the Kakita style of the sword. If you've had duels under your sensei, I'm taking it you are trained in it? Our focus at home is more on kenjutsu, and not so much on iaijutsu."
Gear: Student Clothing, Sandals, Fan, Small Knife, Jewelry, Chopsticks, Sake Cup

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:36 am

Kaidan walked in on his practice clothes. Seemed the dojo was very busy even when classes haven't really started officially. He bowed respectfully to the gathered. He walked over to the rack choosing a bokken that he could wield.
Chosen Name: Bayushi Gakihiro
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1
Only wears the Scorpion Mon
Honor: Untrustworthy Status: 1 Glory: 1
Cat:Ninya
"I wear many mask, none is me"

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:38 am

"It's a pleasure Akodo-San, well we mostly learn the ways of Iaijutsu, but not every duel is won with one blow and so I have quite some practice in Kenjustu too" he said confidently.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:33 am

The Iuchi looks at Kenji and Yui, then tilts his head to the side, seeing the Bayushi entering.

"Well, I'm sure I would have much to learn from practicing with both of you, Akodo-san, Kakita-san."

He then bows to the Bayushi. "Bayushi-san (assuming he has a Bayushi mon)"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am

"Well," she said, "since we both come from martial schools, perhaps we should start with a demonstration match between the two of us, so that Iuchi-san can observe the different techniques. And then... spars the winner?"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:43 am

The Scorpion does have the Bayushi mon. He turns already chosen a broken. "Yes?" He nodded.
♦ Scorpion ♦ Bushi ♦ Androgenous ♦Hated by Ghosts ♦Hates Frogs ♦Random Samurai #46 ☆Insensitive ☆Wanderer ☆Silent ☆Dr. Antidote ☆Experienced 1

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:48 am

Akodo Yui wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am
"Well," she said, "since we both come from martial schools, perhaps we should start with a demonstration match between the two of us, so that Iuchi-san can observe the different techniques. And then... spars the winner?"
The Iuchi nods to the Akodo girl. "I'll be happy to observe your match.", he says, smiling. "It will be quite a challenge to spar with the winner, but it will be good practice!"

He then tilts his head, looking at the two bushi then back at the Bayushi, as if inviting him.

"I've seen you also get a Boken, so would you like to join us in training?"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:52 am

Akodo Yui wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:38 am
"If you wish, Akodo-san, we can have a little match."

Kenji bowed briefly to the Bayushi "Greetings Bayushi san, it is an honor, I am Kakita Kenji"

Bayushi Kaidan

Post by Bayushi Kaidan » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:55 am

"Of course, if I am not intruding in your training." He gave a side nod. "Bayushi Kaidan...for now."

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 am

Yui bowed briefly to the Bayushi, then proceeded to adopt a standard stance for the sparring match.

"Whenever you're ready we can begin, Kakita-san."

Kakita Kenji

Post by Kakita Kenji » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:16 am

"Ready when you are, Akodo-san"

D1 Serpent Sparring Akodo-San Initiative: 3d10o10k2 13

TN to Hit: 15
Attack Stance

Side Note: If we wish to don't do damage, we simply don't roll damage, right?

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:16 am

Bayushi Kaidan wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:55 am
"Of course, if I am not intruding in your training." He gave a side nod. "Bayushi Kaidan...for now."
"We can take turns sparring and observing, Bayushi-san. The more the merrier", he says, smiling.

"This one is Iuchi Prashant, honoured to meet you", he says, bowing again.

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Akodo Yui

Post by Akodo Yui » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am

Yui was clearly quicker on the draw; *almost* getting a strike in before Kenji could react. *Almost*. There was no such thing as 'almost' in a real fight of course, Yui knew this; lamenting as she did the loss of the opening strike.

Initiative: 3d10o10k2 24
Attack Agility/Kenjutsu: TN15: 4d10o10k2 14

TN to Hit: 15
Stance: Attack

(Apparently bokken have 0k1 as a damage rating, so add strength to that, and keep the lowest dice)

Return to “Serpent”