Q/A Shiotome Spice - Utaku Nesrin

Q and A for PCs and GM to ask each other things about them
Utaku Nesrin

Q/A Shiotome Spice - Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:43 pm

Because our Unicorn posse could be a small musical group. Probably more Mongolian metal than Spice Girls, but I couldn't come up with a fun title from that.

Will possibly reprise her, whether in part 3 or later, but I don't think she had a lot of secrets that need to be kept under wraps for that. So ask away.
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Vutall

Re: Q/A Shiotome Spice - Utaku Nesrin

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:53 pm

What was your favorite scene (with a link!) with Nesrin involved in it? Favorite you read that Nesrin wasn't involved in?
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Vutall wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:53 pm
What was your favorite scene (with a link!) with Nesrin involved in it? Favorite you read that Nesrin wasn't involved in?
So the romantic soap opera element of PbP weighs heavy here. I'm actually going to set aside the developing scenes with Prashant because 1. a few are still running their course, 2. I'd like to poke at the other elements of game.

The quick camaraderie between the Unicorn students in part 1 was marvelous. I think my favorite Part 1 scenes were the group sneaking into town. Which leads to a favorite Part 2 scene with Utaku Ichiro heading into Tsuma with some fairly big revelations. viewtopic.php?f=239&t=1351 It set the tone for me with Ichiro leaving the plains and having this sort of a destiny laid down really bringing home to Nesrin that adulthood means something and it's right around the corner.

And then I'm getting back to the soap opera for a favorite not-Nesrin thread...but with Prashant. viewtopic.php?f=234&t=1400 I thought the Go game was really well integrated, and the characters are both so solidly in-character. The flirtation is cute as fuck.

As a bonus, it also kicked in a realization about my own playing that I appreciated getting. I don't play bushi all that often. I more often gravitate toward the courtly...or shinobi pretending to it. So Jiro's posts really hit a spot of recognition in me. The 'ah yes, that's the cadence and vibe I'm used to.' Now you always bring something of yourself to a character, and most of us have a writing style that shows through regardless of the character. But I'd like to not have all my characters sound alike. The fact that it was a definite shift to fit into that courtier mindset told me that I was definitely not following that mold with Nesrin, and that was oddly reassuring on some level.

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Are Nesrin and Jiro going to have trouble over Prashant, do you think?
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:12 pm

Did Nesrin manage to keep her lucky cricket alive?

Did she form any opinions on the different clans after multiple occasions to compete alongside them?

I hope we get to have another scene together in a future game!
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:09 pm

Bayushi Jiro wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:10 pm
Are Nesrin and Jiro going to have trouble over Prashant, do you think?
Waiting to see just how Prashant explains that to figure out where Nesrin stands on it all. XD I specifically decided not to really 'notice' Jiro in that Aftermath thread because I don't really know what her opinion on him is at this point. Life and that battle kept that thread a bit on hold, but I imagine we'll finish it in the less frantic game aftermath.
Yasuki Ginkarasu wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:12 pm
Did Nesrin manage to keep her lucky cricket alive?

Did she form any opinions on the different clans after multiple occasions to compete alongside them?

I hope we get to have another scene together in a future game!
Yes, though given their lifespan, her current lucky cricket is probably not the same cricket. I have realized that, unless taking a lot of scenes in your room, a cricket is unlikely to come up much.

As for other clans: She definitely has greater respect for the prowess of the Mantis, given Mai and Kokyou's performance in that last fight. Ginkarasu challenges the "all Crab are large and gruff" stereotype. XD And the Imperials she's met in these game are far kinder and more approachable than she expected. Given how close some of my attack rolls were, I'm going to say Wyn's map may have been an actual lifesaver.

And yep! Hopefully there will be a scene!

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:54 am

We HAVE been speaking a lot OOC, but I've asked things like this to the other Uni, so I'll ask here as well : )

1) How does Nesrin feel about each of the other in the Uni herd?

2) I think know at least part of what Nes feels about Dao, so changing this one a small bit: What are Nesrin's thoughts about Dao actually becoming a Uni after what happened??

3) And how does Nes feel about Utaku Ichiro leaving to the Dragon, if she has any thoughts on that? Is there anything she'd like to say to him before he leaves?

And one more, on one thing we haven't spoken that much about IC or OOC:

4) Who is Nesrin's favourite sibling? And who's her favourite sibling after Chimeg? :lol:
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:31 pm

Iuchi Prashant wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:54 am
1) How does Nesrin feel about each of the other in the Uni herd?
The Ichiros:

Utaku: Very brotherly. Which is one part comments back at P1 about Nesrin fitting into his rivalry with his sister, and going on from there. She's seriously disturbed by his newfound talent for almost dying.

Moto: Almost more big brotherly. His time in Khanbulak made him seem definitely more worldly. There were some things very early that came across ooc as bashful in interactions with Nesrin, but Awareness 1 Nesrin was pretty oblivious. And now with a holding and Imperial bride? He's the elder brother who went off to Yale and you're hoping he still remembers you.

Prashant: Kind of obvious. Language lessons created a line of rapport within the general Uni camaraderie. Plus, he's a shugenja who can basically keep up with her, and that's interesting and it went from there.

Getting to join the whole crowd in battle there, she really enjoyed, despite the seriousness of the situation.
2) I think know at least part of what Nes feels about Dao, so changing this one a small bit: What are Nesrin's thoughts about Dao actually becoming a Uni after what happened??
That he's being honored well beyond what he deserves.
3) And how does Nes feel about Utaku Ichiro leaving to the Dragon, if she has any thoughts on that? Is there anything she'd like to say to him before he leaves?
She's rather sad, but more for him. She can't imagine leaving the plains for good and remaining among the bottled in mountain horizons. But she's seen how content? grounded? he is in this fate and decision and respects him for following his fate like this.
4) Who is Nesrin's favourite sibling? And who's her favourite sibling after Chimeg? :lol:
XD She's a little obvious there, eh? Bayanerdene is her other favorite. Elder sister, also a battle maiden and only a few years older so they were close through childhood, able to play together and share secrets and childish schemes. There was never a question that they were both going to train with the Shiotome.

Description

Speaking Tegensai

Return to “Q and A”