(Day 7, EA) Deadly Event: Battle at the Docks

Vutall

Re: (Day 7, EA) Deadly Event: Battle at the Docks

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:30 am

They all seemed to be well maintained, not the standard run down and weather worn objects one would expect from either a ronin, or a ship crew that was out to sea for long.

There was a small number of ronin still breathing, though not many. ((I think there is like, 2 or 3 that weren't outright killed))
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:34 am

"Seeing what we can find about them." After the journal is found, she turns to the Kitsuki (and anyone else around them). "We should probably give this to Kakita Toshimoko."

With finding the Koku, Mai gathers it up and splits among everyone. +20 Koku to eveyone unless they want to reject it.

OOC: I asked V and there's no honor loss or anything for taking it.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:36 am

"Some of the weapons, too." he nodded. "There's definitely more to this than its appearance."
Dragon ▪︎ Courtier ▪︎ Investigator ▪︎ Artisan ▪︎ Smith ▪︎ Unlucky
Status 1 ▪︎ Glory 1 ▪︎ Honor: Exceptional ▪︎ Topaz Points: 155

Carries: Wakizashi, Knife, Fan, Seal, Water

Utaku Ichiro

Post by Utaku Ichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:37 am

"These are definitely no mere ronin - neither in skill, nor equipment, nor wealth. If Sugai acted alone then he must be wealthy indeed."
Unicorn • Bushi • Experienced • Enlightened • Ascetic • Heroic Muse
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 5.2 • Infamy: 0.5 • Topaz Points: 229

Gear in Tsuma: Poorly sized purple and ivory utilitarian travelling clothes, charred gold scarf, daisho, jade
Outside Tusma: Unicorn riding horse, riding armor, scimitar, daisho, ono, han-kyu and arrows, jade
Description

Before the thunder can roar the lightning must strike

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:41 am

Mai looked at the weapons to see if she could figure out anything about them (origin, smith, etc.).

Weaponsmithing/Intelligence VOID: 6d10o10k4 21

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 am

The log does mention that Sugai was someone they picked up and that for the duration of time in Tsuma, they were to follow his direction. It did not say where he was picked up from however.

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 am

Once the flames she carries die down, Nesrin dismounts and calms her horse, slowly rounding up the others on the boat whose riders fell or leaped off.

"They ruined the sake house too then, I imagine." She didn't know about the possible gunpowder, but since they were to blame for it needing consecration in the first place...

She offers a slight bow to Kokyou, "Sorry, you're right that I shouldn't have killed him. I honestly didn't expect the fires to flare so strong. My inexperience took one of the spirits' favored, and that's not right, even if he misused his gifts to aid this bunch."
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:44 am

All players in this thread additionally gain 1.0 glory and 0.5 honor, as well as whatever loot they take.

PLEASE post in your character sheet so it does not get missed!

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 am

Kokyou wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:20 am
"Where ye lookin' fer this?" Kokyou says, as he takes a wet gaijin crown from his attached traveling pack.
Mai gives a laugh. Good to do so after such a fight. "No. Not yet." She really wished she could think of something cleaver. But clearly, that was Kokyou's specialty. Not hers.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:50 am

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:42 am
She offers a slight bow to Kokyou, "Sorry, you're right that I shouldn't have killed him. I honestly didn't expect the fires to flare so strong. My inexperience took one of the spirits' favored, and that's not right, even if he misused his gifts to aid this bunch."
He gives a peaceful nod to Nesrin.
Mai wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:46 am
Mai gives a laugh. Good to do so after such a fight. "No. Not yet." She really wished she could think of something cleaver. But clearly, that was Kokyou's specialty. Not hers.
Then, Kokyou refocuses his attention to Mai, as impromptu gift-giving process was in place. Even if not with all the ceremonies the Crane often so enforced. He offers once more, lifting it up above her head, saying, "Ye surely deserve it. Ye're been magnificent durin' this skirmish 'n saved all th' crew. We all bow t' ye."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:55 am

Asahi couldn't find anything to suggest the origins of the blades. He turned his attention to the others.

"I apologize, for not arriving sooner."

- - -
(Day 7, EA) Deadly Event: Battle at the Docks, Weaponsmithing/Intelligence, 2 CR to recognize details, VP for +1k1: 9d10o10k4 24

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 am

Mai had not meant to turn this into a gift giving ceremony, but apparently it was. "I was hardly magnificent. It was the others who carried the day. I just helped them. And froze you in the river."

Utaku Nesrin

Post by Utaku Nesrin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 am

Not entirely believing that she's actually backing up Kokyou being ridiculous in the midst of this, Nesrin finds herself nodding with quiet grin. "Pretty sure everyone here owes you thanks, Mai-san. Some of us wouldn't be living and these would probably have gotten clear before anyone could catch them without your skill."
Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:55 am
Asahi couldn't find anything to suggest the origins of the blades. He turned his attention to the others.

"I apologize, for not arriving sooner."
"No need Kitsuki-san. Four legs are a lot faster than two, neh?"
Unicorn Clan * Bushi * Battle Maiden * Honest and Fair * Hard to pronounce name
Honor: A Soul Above Question * Status: 1 * Glory: 3

Description

"Every day is a journey, and the journey itself home" -Bashō
Speaking Tegensai

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:59 am

The weapons lack any smith marks, but all of the war equipment is high quality and matches some of the equipment one might find in an Imperial Legion, though the modifications are not standard.

Kokyou

Post by Kokyou » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:06 am

Utaku Nesrin wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:58 am
Not entirely believing that she's actually backing up Kokyou being ridiculous in the midst of this, Nesrin finds herself nodding with quiet grin. "Pretty sure everyone here owes you thanks, Mai-san. Some of us wouldn't be living and these would probably have gotten clear before anyone could catch them without your skill."
He wiggles his eyebrows in thanks for the support and double downs on his honorably seductive gaze back at Mai.
Mai wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 am
Mai had not meant to turn this into a gift giving ceremony, but apparently it was. "I was hardly magnificent. It was the others who carried the day. I just helped them. And froze you in the river."
"Ye healed us, dropped th' enemy t' th' floor, 'n snatched th' samurai that plotted against our Clan. It only reinforces how much I reckon ye're cool. I did manage t' break th' ice around, didn' I?" He starts to laugh and raises his eyebrow to offer for the last time, "Me Freezin' Queen o' th' Warm Heart."
Mantis • Bushi • Shugenja • Jock • Charismatic • Dashing • Buff • Stud • Proud • Smug • Hero • Unique
DescriptionTheme • Honor: A Soul Above Question • Status: 2.0 • Glory: 6.1 • Infamy 1.0

TN to be recognized: 15
Wears: Sturdy Clothing, Coin Purse, Pipe, Fan
Combat: Light Armor, 2 Kama, 2 Tanto

Kitsuki Asahi

Post by Kitsuki Asahi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 am

"You captured the boat with the ice? Does that make it yours?"

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:16 am

Ichiro rolls his shoulder he would be stiff for a couple days but he was overall fine after the encounter, when Mai tried to give him koku from the ronin hoard he took it but said "If they are responsible for destroying the Inn then this money should go to the Inn keeper as their actions cost him his livelihood."

He surveyed the area helping tie up and round up any and all surviving ronin so they could be questioned by magistrates. Sugai was dead so justice may have been served for all his crimes but perhaps others are involved, this seems too big an operation for one samurai.
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:16 am

((Technically, the ship belongs to Crane because it has no owner and is in their land))

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:22 am

Prash's face changes first to a worried look, then a relieved, almost proud smile as his Moto friend and Nesrin send the two other Ronin to the ground. He is obviously relieved when things finally quiet down and Mai gets Ichiro back up, and the tense look of determination he's had on his face for some time now changes to his usual calmer, serene look - a bit affected by the gushing wounds on his chest, but still.

He looks around to double check if all of the contestants are well, and is very happy to see everyone standing, even if unwell.

As the others investigate the boat and Ihciro retrieves the blade from Sugai's body, he goes around checking the Ronin's bodies for signs of life, and after focusing on some of his wounds to do things properly, he says a quick prayer to help his Fire and tries to help any of thosr who survived get back on their feet. Their actions were dishonourable and misguided, but they were people and deserved some compassion.

OOC
Will be back for chat in a bit, phone rolling here but this needs done!

Battle Healing on himself, heals 8 and back to +5
Day 7 EA - Battle Aftermath - activating TtVD for Fire, TN 25 with wounds: 10d10o10k4 62

Day 7 EA - Battle Aftermath - 2 medicine rolls on fallen ronin. TN 20 with wounds: 2#6d10o10k5 27 31

Day 7 EA - Heal Ronin 1 +1k0 for es: 2d10o10k1 15

Day 7 EA - Heal Ronin 2: 1d10o10k1 7
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:25 am

Kokyou wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:06 am
"Ye healed us, dropped th' enemy t' th' floor, 'n snatched th' samurai that plotted against our Clan. It only reinforces how much I reckon ye're cool. I did manage t' break th' ice around, didn' I?" He starts to laugh and raises his eyebrow to offer for the last time, "Me Freezin' Queen o' th' Warm Heart."
Mai gives a humble bow, partially to cover her blush. "Thank you, Kokyou-kun."
Kitsuki Asahi wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:12 am
"You captured the boat with the ice? Does that make it yours?"
"If this was out at sea, yes. But here, it is probably going to the Crane."

Return to “Docks and Warehouses”