D7 LA - One Last Thing (Closed - NPC)

Asako Saburo

D7 LA - One Last Thing (Closed - NPC)

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:17 am

Saburo was finally cleared by the healers. His face was heavily scarred, but he was an adult now, a full samurai and wore openly the symbol of status of is clan, the inquisitor's strike he had been given by Asako Himeya along with the mons of the Phoenix reflecting his status. The scar pulled at his cheek, giving him the look of a scowl, and the people generally avoided him. It was fresh and red and he looked ... well, about as ghastly as Kokyou had always said he did.

Approaching the stall of a popular and well known merchant in town, he cleared his throat and bowed either to the merchant or their attendant. "I wish to speak with the merchant of the house," he said in a gravelly, displeased voice. He would be polite, but he wanted questions answered. Even coming close to death, there was another matter he wanted to know. For future reference.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Vutall

Re: D7 LA - One Last Thing (Closed - NPC)

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:51 am

The merchant appears and gives a bow to Saburo.

"What may I help you with, Asako-sama?"
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:47 pm

"You were commissioned to present two fans to Kaiu Aiichiro and Toritaka Sasaiko," Saburo said after returning the bow curtly, his gaze meeting the man levelly and very bluntly. There was a hard look in his eyes, though he kept his tone even. "At the festivities last evening, before Kakita Toshimoko, you did so. I wish to know who commissioned you for their purchase and presentation. And do not bother to say either of their names. You would do well to remember that you are speaking to Toritaka-san's fiance, and be very wise to answer me with the exact truth of the matter. I wish to know the nature of their commissioning and who presented you the coin or their chop for the purchase."

He wasn't bearing down in intimidation, but the way that he spoke to the peasant, there was very little doubt that he was absolutely pulling rank right then. He had profound suspicions that whoever had done it had been a child when they did, and so a full samurai bearing down with their status was not something a peasant would be wise to protect the decisions of a child over.
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:22 pm

"I was commissioned by someone wearing all black. They claimed to be a servant, offered 5 koku in Imperial coin to deliver the notes and create the fans, I did not ask who the servant served, Asako-sama"

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:33 pm

"Be aware. Neither of the individuals you offered the fans to, supposedly on the behalf of each other," he said, knowing from Aiichiro what the message had been. "Has the means to hurl that kind of resource around. You have participated in throwing question on the marriage negotiations of two noble houses and publicly called the honor of two people who have completed their gempukku in the Topaz Championship into question, before the eyes of Kakita Toshimoko-sama. I have a mind to hand you over for accepting the koku of one dressed in black with no credentials to besmirch the name of three clans."

His eyes narrowed darkly. "Tell me everything you remember of this 'servant' other than that they dressed all in black. Or did they cover their face like some children's fable and you took their coin regardless?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:35 pm

They begin to describe the "servant"

((You can make an Investigation / Perception roll vs TN 42 to have a clear idea who he is describing!))

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:45 pm

He recorded the information, writing every last word that the man detailed down and pocketed it before scowling. He didn't Rememer this person, but that only increased the likelihood that this was a Scorpion. He seriously considered discussing this with Jiro, but it was better never to be open about such things with Scorpions.

"I will remember this, merchant. Pray to Daikoku that I do not bring this to the governor's attention. Pray hard." He wouldn't. the publicity of it would only worsen matters. But he would remember this interference. Whether this had been a matter related to the Toritaka, or the Kaiu, or just someone being mischievous, he did not care. He was not in a forgiving mood.

"Does your memory recall anything else?"

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:48 pm

"No, Asako-sama, this is all I know."

He gives a low bow in apology.

Return to “Streets”