(Day 1, LA) Come on down, stop on by... [Closed]

Otomo Nobuko

Re: (Day 1, LA) Come on down, stop on by... [Closed]

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:07 pm

"If it is meant to be portable, then I should learn to eat it as such," she said, looking very determined for all of five seconds before clearing her throat, "But perhaps a place to sit would make it easier to learn."
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:22 pm

Ichiro chuckled low for a moment "No need to dive into the deep end Nobuko, no different from when I first helped you mount a horse and led it by the reins. I have you." he said as they walked to a shaded area off the main drag and he found a spot to sit. He extended a skewer to her. It was spiced with black pepper and different other peppers, all spice, the oil of olives to bring out sweetness in the vegetables to balance with the heat of the spices.

He took a bite first and savored the flavors "It is nothing too hot but it has a bit of a bite to it and it builds as you eat more of it but I don't think you'll find it overwhelming Nobu-chan."
Unicorn Clan • Moto • Large • Confident * bushi
Honor: As Expected | Status: 2.0 | Glory: 3.2
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, Animal hide cloak

Zurui lizard pet TP: 254
speaking: Ujik, Mekhem, Senpet

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:38 pm

She took it carefully and found her choice in gloves - silk at the moment - probably a poor one. Just holding it, she felt, might induce more mess than she was used to. She pulled out a kerchief and placed it next to her, then set the skewer on it. Once it was safely at her side, she pulled her gloves off and tucked them into her obi.

She then picked the skewer up and the kerchief with it - to protect her fingers from getting too much of the oil she saw on it on her hands - and took a very careful bite.

It certainly had more kick than she was used to, having primarily partook of a Crane diet all her life.
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:01 pm

Ichiro sat and watched Nobuko closely as she finished her first bite "....and?" he asked with a tiny bit of trepidation.

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 pm

She swallows it carefully, blinking hard, then says softly, "It's... different. I've never had anything that seems... painted... in spices. This is... this is light?"

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:05 am

Ichiro suppressed a laugh but there was a look of amusement on his features "Lighter I would say, it can be a bit of an acquired taste much like my people." he may not have been smart but he could create a metaphor "try to take us all in at once and it may be too much but small steps and you will get used to it. But don't worry as I said we have plenty traditional rokugani food steamed vegetables, fish, rice that sort of thing."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:07 am

"No, no," she insisted. "This is fine. It is simply... messier... than imagined."

Stubbornly, she took another, bigger, bite.

And attempted to blink away the tears that threatened to form from it hitting her senses so strongly.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:13 am

he reached over and lowered her hand after her bite "Nobu-chan, please." he spoke softly, soothingly the gentleness of the giant brought out by her "do not push yourself, you have nothing to prove. Your willingness to try is all that I want."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:18 am

She let her hand be pushed downward, but she looked very disappointed in herself. "I want to be able to enjoy the same meals you do. For the most part."

She was not going be trying red meat any time soon.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:21 am

"and I love you for it." his deepening voice rumbled softly to her his hand still over hers "one step at a time."

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:42 am

She moved the skewer from the hand he held to her free one, then splayed her fingers so they could thread with his for a moment.

"And I love you because..." she shook her head, "I am not certain I could put it into words. But the heart of it is... your heart. And how good it is. How good you are."

Nobuko looked up at him, leaning forward, though not nearly close enough to give him room to steal a kiss across the table, "You are so very good, Ichiro-kun."

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:55 am

He smiled giving her hand a squeeze for a moment before releasing it "Speaking of....my heart." he said slowly "You said you hoped there would be room for another after I said there would be room for you, what did you mean?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:03 am

"That is a surprise for later," she said, suddenly coy as she drew her hand back and set the skewer on the table, with the kerchief keeping it clean. She pulled her gloves back on and then produced a pair of chopsticks from her sleeves and started pulling bits off the stick to pick at slowly.

"I will tell you when it's time."

A horse was an important addition to any Unicorn family. She could not just announce it. She had to introduce them.

Moto Ichiro

Post by Moto Ichiro » Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:19 am

he shook his head "And here I thought you trained with the Crane and not the Scorpion the way you are keeping secrets." he said with a good natured smile. He trusted her and if she said she would tell him when it was time then she would.

Return to “Little Khanbulak”