[D7 EA] Prayers before Round 2

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Re: [D7 EA] Prayers before Round 2

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:56 am

He nods. "We've gotta figure out a way to have a bunch of people at the Shrine to the Ki-Rin then, is what it sounds like."
Crab Clan • Bushi • Yojimbo • Disfigured • Profile • Fire Brigade
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma
“Strive for progress, not perfection.”

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:11 am

She laughed, soft and light so it would not carry, as was appropriate for them sitting in the shrine.

"When I mentioned it in my letters to the representatives of his family, their response was enthusiastic. They did, however, not want to move forward with inquiries until my father signed the contracts. He was being cautious with finalizing them until Topaz was over. But he promised that if Ichiro-kun made it to the Iaijutsu Tournament, he would no longer delay. I have not spoken to him, but my Great Aunt sent word that he arrived in town yesterday and was informed of both my and Ichiro-kun's success. All that remains is to enter our adult names and a copy will be able to be entered into the Otomo records."

For those with knowledge of such things, the implication that she had more of a hand in the negotiations than her father was obvious. However, her father being the head of her immediate family meant he had final say.

"Once the date and location has been decided, I will, of course send notices and invitations for the post-ceremony celebration. That will likely occur after we have left the shrine. I am not certain the monks will enjoy the post-ceremony festivities that usually occur at weddings... particularly Unicorn ones. I expect they get a little rowdy."

Then she glanced between the two of them, though Jiro got a more pointed gaze than Ginkarasu, "Have either of you been informed of such good news as I have, or have a prospect in mind?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Honor: Exceptional | Status: 3.5 | Glory: 4.5 | Final Topaz Points: 249
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:23 am

Ginkarasu shakes his head. "I don't think I know myself well enough to know who to marry. And I need to find out if I'm truly cursed by Emma-O, or if it's just something else. Concerned that if I am, it'd spread to someone else."
Honor: What is Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 3.7 (2.7 w/Crabs) • Infamy: 1.0 • Topaz Points: 209
Gear: Sturdy Clothing, sandals, coin purse, water bottle, small knife, map of Tsuma

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:35 am

Jiro made to sigh, but found himself letting Ginkarasu's statement about being cursed by Emma-O linger in the air. He shot a look at Nobuko, a look that said Is it catching??

"Erm...I had thought, perhaps, that I had been favored with a possible match, but it seems that while Benten may smile on the two of us, there is no likelihood of a marriage developing." He paused. No, not without ruining everything. A blankness developed over his features. "Just smiles and poems, now, it seems."

But then curiosity stung him.

"But...really, cursed by Emma-O, Yasuki-san?"
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro
Honor: Untrustworthy, Infamy: 1, Status: 2, Topaz Points: 254

Wearing: a lovely scarf, wakizashi, extravagant clothing This mask

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:47 am

"I am certain that whatever spiritual malady you may have, you cannot pass it on," Nobuko said to reassure both her friends - Jiro that he couldn't catch it and Ginkarasu that he couldn't spread it.

Her eyes caught Jiro's and she gave a quick frown that he'd be able to read as 'you will need to tell me about this later', before continuing on the topic of Emma-O and curses. "And if you have displeased the great Judge, it was not so terrible that he chose not to give you a chance to redeem yourself. Why else would you have been born again as a human in this life?"
Imperial * Artisan * Courtier * Different School * Enlightened * Sacrosanct * Beautiful Soul * Experienced
Beautiful Clothing, Fan, Gloves, Wicker Umbrella, Personal Chop, Knot of Happiness Netsuke, Bejeweled Lizard-Shaped Ear Cuff on Left Ear

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:07 am

"Yes, surely the reincarnation would have been much less pleasant," Jiro reasons, though Ginka's unfortunate facial mark was plain to see. Nobuko received a soft smile in response to her frown. "And now you keep excellent company and move in powerful circles, Yasuki-san. No chicken or pig can claim the same."
* Scorpion Clan * Courtier * Rich Baritone * Twin * Terminally Pretty * Adult Name: Bayushi Tomohiro

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:17 am

He nods to Jiro. He waves a hand towards the side of his face filled with splotches of white, the color of death.

"I was born with this...this Judge's mark. Monks that oversaw my birth said it was from Emma-O. A sign likely from my last life, or a warning for this one, or a promise." He shrugs. "I'd need a mask to hide it, and that'd make it me stand out in the Crab."

He shakes his head. "I've seen enough things to know that there's something supernatural in my life. Something I struggle against, never knowing when it'll strike again. Maybe it's meant to make me sharper, more attentive."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:22 am

Jiro tilted his head to one side. "And has it, Yasuki-san?"

Otomo Nobuko

Post by Otomo Nobuko » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:32 am

Nobuko was curious about the answer to that, as well, and tilted her head curiously at Ginkarasu.

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:36 am

He shrugged. "I know I'd like to think so. I know I'm not the smartest though. Lots of things I don't know, and things I think I know but don't really. But I'm here. And I'm a Crab who beat a Unicorn in a duel. That feels like I've got to have learned something, let alone that I've been grouped up with all of you for a second time."

He rubs the back of his head in thought, closing his eyes a second.

"I guess I gotta hope I've trained in the right things. That the failures and accidents and oddities showed me how it can go wrong, so I can better prepare to make things correct."

Bayushi Jiro

Post by Bayushi Jiro » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:50 pm

Jiro smiled. "That makes you a greater student than many, Yasuki-san. The wisdom to learn from error is not a common one. Many--perhaps most--are too busy thinking how to control the damage or to cover up the mistake to study it and avoid its repetition." He nodded. "If your misfortune has taught you that, then perhaps it was a mixed misfortune at worst."

Yasuki Ginkarasu

Post by Yasuki Ginkarasu » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:10 pm

He bow his head in thanks for their words.

Return to “The Kakita Dueling Academy”