EM D7 - Final Days Breakfast

Kaito Haruki

Re: EM D7 - Final Days Breakfast

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:07 am

"I'm not sure exactly, it's just every time they talked about the job of the Topaz Champion, it sounded a lot like that of an Emerald Magistrate: travel all over Rokugan, be a shining example of what a samurai should be, provide guidance to those below your station. I guess I just thought that being an Emerald magistrate would be the best way to accomplish all of these."
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224
Water Bottle, Coin Purse, Fan, Jade Finger

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:51 am

"Emerald Magistrates have a much more...defined job then traveling and being an example. They are in charge of all inter-clan crime investigations. If a criminal travels across clan borders, or if a criminal of one clan violates laws in another clan's jurisdiction, then that is what the Magistrates are for."
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:03 am

"Fair, I knew it wasn't going to be smooth sailing all the way, just thought that they would have a post in a different clan's land every month. I mean, it's not like they would put an untested samurai on the most difficult cases if they could help it."
Last edited by Kaito Haruki on Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proper full name is Isawa Kunio of House Kaito: Bushi,Courtier Mons: Chest: Phoenix R Shoulder: Isawa L Shoulder: Kaito Honor: 6.1 Glory: 4.9 Status: 2 Wound Status: Healthy Phoenix Clan TP: 224

Mai

Post by Mai » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:57 am

Mai listen to the two talk about the possibilities of the future. She, of course, had no idea. She just knew she, at least for now, wanted something different from the typical career path of a Mantis shugenja.
Mantis Clan Shugenja *Water * Thunder * Prodigy * Lucky

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Items: Scrolls, Jade

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:38 pm

"They don't typically have untested Emerald Magistrates. " He grins again, "And I know that most stay in a single city for their entire career, it helps to know the criminal networks in that city. The Miya Cartographers provide many maps to traveling Emerald Magistrates though. Were you looking for a career in law enforcement Isawa-san?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:23 pm

"If a magistrate is stuck in one city for the rest of their career, that sounds rather drab. I don't think being that close to criminal elements is right for me, but I do think it would help if I were chosen for the competition for Emerald Champion. I doubt even with our training in Hirosaka that our lords would allow us to compete, however."

Mai

Post by Mai » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:02 am

"Do you mean the tournament coming up?" And people said the Mantis were ambitious.

Status: 2.0 * Glory: 2.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Topaz Points: 42 * Unofficial Topaz Points: 108

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:18 am

"I think so, but nothing is set in stone yet on dates, right. I mean Doji-Satsume hasn't been dead for a month yet. I highly doubt I would be chosen, don't get me wrong, but a guy can dream right?"

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:52 am

He nods, "I have never heard of a Emerald Champion younger then 20, you would be making history if you were able to pull it off. I expect they will have the tournament before winter."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:01 am

"Even if I don't get the honor to enter, it would be something to work towards to even see them in action. Only the best in the Empire are even invited right? Hopefully they won't be as crazy as this championship."

Mai

Post by Mai » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:40 am

Mai nods approvingly. "I wish you luck in getting an invite somehow, Isawa." She was surprised by his ambition, but she had a renewed respect for the Phoenix.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:19 am

Returning from some early morning physical training in preparation for today's events, Kichiro arrives at the laughing carp's main hall for breakfast. Spotting three of his peers and at least one with a familiar face, he couldn't help but to join them.

"Greetings mina-san. Mind if I join the three of you?" he bows to all in attendance.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Akodo Commander • Tactician
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:22 am

"Please do Akodo-san" He makes a couple more notes on the paper he was working on. "How are you this morning?"

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:41 am

A nod to Wyn as a appreciative gesture. He takes his seat. "Doing quite well thank you. How goes your practice of the esteemed Miya Technique?" He asks mirrors his greeting and gesturing towards Wyn's work. Two sniffs and Kichiro immediately takes notice to these delicious mushroom omelettes set atop the table. An alluring scent for sure. "Currently going through my morning ritual for iaijutsu bouts. Stretching all throughout the day, plenty of hydration, and two bowls of a light fish over plain rice as your only food. Sensei might not be here but his methods demand total obedience." A ritual Kichiro seems to have grown superstitious confidence with.
Last edited by Akodo Kichiro on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Honor: Exceptional - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Topaz Points 299 (Please donate a TP point to the needy)

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:05 am

"No fancy rituals from my sensei, but you gotta keep your strength up before the event. Let me get you some water at least. Would be rude for us to eat while you watched." Haruki goes back to grab a bucket of water and comes back quickly.

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:12 am

"Arigatou gozaimasu Kaito-san." Kichiro gladly takes the cup of water.

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:15 am

Mai gives a seated bow. "Hello, Akodo-san. I am Mai of the Mantis."

Akodo Kichiro

Post by Akodo Kichiro » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:29 am

"Akodo Kichiro. Graduate of the war college and an aspiring commander. Nice to meet you." Kichiro bows his head once more respectfully.

Mai

Post by Mai » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:01 am

"Oh. That's interesting. I've taken quite an interest in strategy and tactics since my time at the Ruby Champion's dojo."

Kaito Haruki

Post by Kaito Haruki » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 am

Now that Akodo-San has introduced himself, Haruki does much the same. "Sorry for not stating this earlier, but my name is Isawa Haruki of House Kaito. I've learned a thing or two about strategy, but there are other skills you need to work on if you want to do well in Sanpaku Seido."

Return to “The House of the Laughing Carp”