Second Line of Defense

Miya Wyn

Second Line of Defense

Post by Miya Wyn » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:26 pm

Miya Wyn is amongst those unarmed students inside the barracks when the attack breaks out in the courtyard. He is sitting cleaning his tea set when he hears a bit of commotion from the northern side of the dojo and rises to go investigate through the windows.
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy
Dojo Points: 104 | Status 1.5 | Glory 6.0 | Honor: Above Question
| Topaz Points: 166
Equipment: Kimono, Ink Brush Kit, Journal, Several Scrolls

Asako Saburo

Re: Second Line of Defense

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:22 am

"Hmmmph, it looks like it's coming from the direction of the forge. I suppose there was a reason the guards were put there to seal off that hole they found," Saburo growled out before going to one of the racks and collecting a bokken, slipping it into his obi and then cracking his knuckles. "It does not appear that they require us, but we should be ready in case anything gets into this place, yes Miya-sama?"

He sounded more confident than he had in the past. There were far less nerves at least for the moment and he was growling more than sounding like gravel water was being poured over. No studies tonight. They'd need to be ready just in case.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:26 am

Dog: Battle Perception to prepare the Barracks for attack: 5d10o10k3 20

"We should alert the guards at the south door, and start barricading the north wall with the futons, and maybe prepare bandages for the wounded?"
Imperial Family * Artisan * Courtier * Benton's Blessing * Short * Idealistic * Prodigy

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:46 am

A moment's thought and he nodded, seeing that the Otomo was running towards one of the other groups of guards. Hopefully they'd inform them of the danger. They were students. The sensei should be brought in on this. "Agreed. We can move to speak with the guards yes. The sooner that they're informed, the better for everyone."

(OOC: Because I do not know if the Otomo is involved further in the current thread, we can angle towards 'other guards.' Eventually mechanically the ashigaru and sensei will be called in. We're more or less an IC justification in that sense.)
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:57 am

Wyn watches at the Otomo runs by, nodding toward the Asako, "If she is telling the guards, and getting help, then we should stay here and prepare defenses I think!" He begins pulling mattresses off futons and pulling the frames toward the wall.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:26 am

Hearing the noises outside and the Asako and Miya talking and starting preparations, Prash stops his reading , stands up and tries to look out the window.

"What's going on??"

He then starts looking around for his clansmates'. The Ichiros are not around.

Heck. What can I do to help?

He then goes towards Saburo and Wyn. "Asako-san, Miya-san, let me help you ready for the situation.", He says, bowing quickly. "I can help set up defences, and I think I might help with healing if it comes to that..."
Adult name: Iuchi Prashstam
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:32 am

"The walls are rice paper they will be through them in moments, the Shoji Screens aren't much better, the Futons can be used to reinforce the walls, it will create a low fence of wood, which is better then nothing I guess?"

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:34 am

Hearing all the fighting and noise outside disturbed the little artisan. She heard it was near the forge where she'd been working a lot, and she was worried about the damage. There was also her latest project, although that had been closed away...hopefully it wouldn't be damaged!

To calm herself, she started to sing a silly song that she knew from when she was a child, which in the quiet of the dojo carried well.

Day 7 Dog singing - voice adv included: 7d10o10k4 32
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile
Status: 0.5 | Glory: 1.4 | Honour: As expected | Dojo Points: 52
Equipment: Jade Tanto, Better quality clothes, Sweets, Biwa, Umbrella

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:35 am

"I suppose", he says, looking around. "I guess it's our best shot. We could try to gather possible projectiles and weapons to stand at the windows and one door and control their flow if they do get here", he thinks, even as he hopes they do not.

"Asako-san, you are going to the Sensei, ma? Please be careful."
Unicorn Clan * Shugenja/Artisan * "Pu-ra-what?" * Ascetic * Friendly smile * Monk-y

Honor: Exceptional * Status:1 * Glory:2.9 * Infamy: 0.5 * Topaz Pt: 211 (End D5)
Items: Purple/gray robes, sandals, trinket satchel, copy of the Tao, stone with 'cup' kanji.
Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:57 am

"Do you have medical supplies with you? If not we could make some makeshift ones. And there are some Bokken on the weapon rack over there..."

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:07 am

"No medical supplies myself, but I can call upon the water kami if we find ourself in a pinch to try and get more water and have it available. But, let us try to use the store that we have here to begin with. I'm going to stay and be ready for defense for the time being. If you have something specific you want me to help with, let me know," he said, giving a quick, pointed nod. He was already moving into position, keeping a hand near the bokken at all times.

The thought occurred to him to shut the Doji up, but he shelved it. She wasn't a fighter. He didn't expect her to handle this situation any better than anyone else. He could put up with her singing today.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:43 am

"No medical supplies either", Prash says, shaking his head. "I can call upon the kami as well if needed, water or fire.", he nods, looing at Saburo.

He had a boken at his side already, and looked around. "Do we have anything we could use as makeshift javelins? Or something like that?"

Looking again at the Miya, he asks "I think... maybe we should produce some medical supplies as well." He thought about the others again. "I hope we don't have to use them, but we'd better be ready if our colleagues need us."

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Miya Wyn

Post by Miya Wyn » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:48 am

"We could turn the bedsheets into bandages?"

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:04 am

"Pākri!" he says, rushing towards some bedsheets. "I mean, hai! I'm on it"

OOC
Should I roll something for that?

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Vutall

Post by Vutall » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:17 am

No roll required, but you need something to cut the sheet with. One sheet will make 5 medicin kits (so 50 uses) of bandages.
Trickling down while we're dying of hunger.

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:22 am

Prash remembers he hasn't got a knife or anything like that, so he looks at Saburo, Wyn and Sakura. "Minna-san, does any of you have a knife or something like that??"

OOC

Thanks V!

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:39 am

"A cheap one for cutting hair, not proper defense. It's besides my bed." He grunted that. "What did you need it for? If you get anything from the goblins on it I don't want it back."

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:43 am

Sakura looked up as she heard a request for a knife.

The Fortunes want me to show everyone!

"Ano...I have the Jade tanto I finished making today" she said "why do you need a knife?"
Crane Clan*Artisan*Singer*Weaponsmith*Gemsmith*Gem-obsessed*Tougher than she looks*Daredevil*Tiny*Innocent*Great Potential*Profile

Iuchi Prashant

Post by Iuchi Prashant » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:46 am

"Sorry, I'll just use it to cut some bandages from the sheets, Asako-san, Doji-san. Would you mind?" he says even as he rushes towards Saburo's bed.

"Doji-san, do you have the Jade Tanto with you? It is supposed to be a sacred material, isn't it? Maybe it could be useful!"

Description Pt2
Theme
Speaking in Tegensai
Speaking in Ujik

Doji Sakura

Post by Doji Sakura » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:50 am

"I only finished it today, where else would I have it?" Sakura took out the green weapon, the light glimmering off the bright green blade. It was clearly made of pure natural Jade "I can go cut sheets with it! It's not great for proper fighting I think as Jade breaks too easy but it can cut things." she quickly hopped to her feet.

Return to “Dog”