A bird in the bush is worth two letters in hand (Closed)

Asako Saburo

Re: A bird in the bush is worth two letters in hand (Closed)

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:03 am

He had to fight the urge to sputter, swallowing. Did the Toritaka understand what she was suggesting that they practice? Repeatedly? Over and o... He squirmed, swallowing, biting his lip and nodding before laughing. "I would prefer not to treat something like that as a skill to master. I tend to take it with an intensity that would be ... ill fitting for some parts of that, but I... I would not ... I would not mind practicing and learning with you." Ok, he could safely say he did not sound like Kokyou.

"You are a very focused, pleasant woman... And you are good at keeping things measured, even. I like that about you. You have your passions, but they're mastered." Unlike many he had seen here. They were unbridled, wild children, and hard for him to deal with.
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:06 am

He thinks me a woman, she thinks, and she blushes at the flattery--intentional or no.

"That will be a thing to look forward to, then, but not the only thing.

"But I note that Lady Sun moves along, and we do not want to be late for the next challenge, do we? Much as I'd rather stay with you, there would be questions I don't think I can answer yet."
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Asako Saburo

Post by Asako Saburo » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:11 am

He probably wouldn't think of her as a girl ever again, honestly, after this talk.

"The... doors are open," he suddenly said, looking very briefly a little alarmed. "Would you be kind enough to ... brew a cup of the thin strain before I leave? Nobody will ask questions of a tiny bit of tea." His breath caught and he had a suddenly faintly pleading look in his eye. Because they wouldn't ask a question about that, but he was certain they'd ask a question of him if he left right now. He was scooted up very close to the table right then, coughing once into his hand.

"Just one more, and we will part for now. And look forward to those times in days to come."

(OOC: Feel free to wrap up with a /scene in the next tag if you like.)
Phoenix Clan * Shugenja * Void * Sickly * Hypochondriac
Topaz Points: 212
Carries: Sturdy Clothes, Scroll Satchel, Inquisitor's Strike (Wakizashi, counts as Jade), Jade netsuke

Toritaka Sasaiko

Post by Toritaka Sasaiko » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:15 am

She does, and gladly, to close out the /scene.

(And thank you!)
Toritaka Noriko
Falcon * Phantom Hunter (Shug)
S 2.0 * G 2.1 * H As Expected

On-site: robes, sandals, and scroll satchel and scrolls, Seppun blade, Miya-made map of Tsuma; might have money
Off: the above + loaded traveling pack

Return to “Monkey”